54 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

No chance in hell he would break 4 hours.

If terenzo went 4.10 then wurf can go sub 4...

and luke mckenzie went 4.08 the year before...

whether he chooses to may be different but I think he definitely could go sub 4

Edited by pieman

I hear it's the toughest course in OZ.....makes me feel better about myself anyways.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

What odds will give me on this? 

I'm thinking it would be 20min quicker than Kona. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Infinit Jase said:

Really Ironman Foz?  So you don't reckon that WA bike course is 12min quicker than Kona?  

32 degrees and 25-30 kmph winds this year.

1 minute ago, Bored@work said:

What odds will give me on this? 

It wouldn't be fair as I don't think you can break 4 hours either!!! ;)

5 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

It wouldn't be fair as I don't think you can break 4 hours either!!! ;)

Good call.  Would you like to place a bet on Cam Worth going sub4hrs on the bike course? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bored@work said:

Good call.  Would you like to place a bet on Cam Worth going sub4hrs on the bike course? 

The guru hath spoken..

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

When I said the above I didn't realise Mckenzie or Terenzo had gone so quick, However, I am still sticking with my prediction given its now a 2 lap course and more turns added to the heat and the wind....lets hope :).

Also, has anyone gone under 4 anywhere before. If he does....then surely there is no way they could cancel IRONMAN WA in the future as every pro will start coming looking for a fast time.

So I repeat. Bored@work and Wurf will not break the magic 4 hour barrier.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

32 degrees and 25-30 kmph winds this year.

It's going to be warm, but not windy. For wind use seabreeze, don't know where BOM gets its wind data from, but it's all over the place. Any oceangoers use seabreeze.  Times should be quick.

Edited by zed
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IronmanFoz said:

When I said the above I didn't realise Mckenzie or Terenzo had gone so quick, However, I am still sticking with my prediction given its now a 2 lap course and more turns added to the heat and the wind....lets hope :).

Also, has anyone gone under 4 anywhere before. If he does....then surely there is no way they could cancel IRONMAN WA in the future as every pro will start coming looking for a fast time.

So I repeat. Bored@work and Wurf will not break the magic 4 hour barrier.

So no bet then? 

I hope some of the top pro's start coming to Busso & really give the sub 8hr a crack.  I noticed Sebastian Keinle just went 7:48 in Cozumel & Lionel Sanders went 7:54 in Arizona. It would be awesome to see these guys duke it out on race day. 

11 minutes ago, zed said:

It's going to be warm, but not windy. For wind use seabreeze, don't know where BOM gets its wind data from, but it's all over the place. Any oceangoers use seabreeze.  Times should be quick.

I haven't checked sea breeze yet but i hope a honking southerly or at least SW blows in for all the guys racing the king of the cut paddle board race in Perth this weekend, one of the best paddle board races in the world, but then i hope conditions are good in Busso, would love to see Wurf or anyone crack a sub 4

8 hours ago, roxii said:

If Mel H is racing this weekend it will be interesting to see how much her big effort at IMWS70.3 has taken out of her, it was a great win and a big effort physically and emotionally for Mel.

What's the women's field like? 

9 minutes ago, Peter said:

What's the women's field like? 

http://ap.ironman.com/~/media/e97eab0c611e414f98abc1b83171711f/2017 ironman western australia pro start list xlsx.pdf

35 Hauschildt Melissa AUS (AUSTRALIA) 36 Hufe Mareen DMA (DOMINICA) 37 Van Vlerken Yvonne NLD (NETHERLANDS) 38 Lester Carrie AUS (AUSTRALIA) 39 Bevilaqua Kate AUS (AUSTRALIA) 40 Davis Claire AUS (AUSTRALIA) 41 Duke Dimity-Lee AUS (AUSTRALIA) 42 Eberhardt Anna HUN (HUNGARY) 43 Gailey Michelle AUS (AUSTRALIA) 44 Hill Meredith AUS (AUSTRALIA) 45 Juhart Monica AUS (AUSTRALIA) 46 Lehrieder Carolin DEU (GERMANY) 47 Lindholm Borg Camilla SWE (SWEDEN) 48 Mitchell Jessica AUS (AUSTRALIA) 49 Morrison Tracy AUS (AUSTRALIA) 50 Sansome Kierra AUS (AUSTRALIA) 51 Selsmark Alise AUS (AUSTRALIA) 52 Visser Els NLD (NETHERLANDS)

Mel should win easy going off that list. 

All b and c level pros. 

29 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Does Busso have an expo? 

Last time I was there 2010 they only had a merchandise tent

That was the year Ironman jacked up the prices for the vendors so ridiculously that they banded together and hired out some shop space up the street.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zed said:

I thought this year was the last??

And that is even worse news. :(

I'll be coming out of a 8 year retirement for next years ironman wa. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Shortis & Berkel battling for the win back in 2010.  I thought Shortis was going to take it but Berkel dropped him on the last climb back into town.

Climb? You thinking of IMWA?  The gutter jump back into T2?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Based on the above......Cam Worth has zero chance of breaking 4 hours. The other Cam Wurf may do it but I doubt it. Has anyone actually gone under 4 hours before. I would find it unlikely doing it at Busso. I am also known to be wrong, but will watch with interest.

Note: its not a bad field, hence if he want's to just race for a record bike split fine, but Kona clearly proved he can't hammer the bike and run afterwards. I suspect that if he wants to win he has to take it a little easier and try and run well.

Plus he is not very good on the hills ;)

10 hours ago, Turts said:

Climb? You thinking of IMWA?  The gutter jump back into T2?

One of the hardest courses.  Look at the average times. You can't argue with the facts.  None of the top pro's racing it, it's at the start of the tri season, large number of first timers. Has nothing to do with the average times. It's a brutal course. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Based on the above......Cam Worth has zero chance of breaking 4 hours. The other Cam Wurf may do it but I doubt it. Has anyone actually gone under 4 hours before. I would find it unlikely doing it at Busso. I am also known to be wrong, but will watch with interest.

Note: its not a bad field, hence if he want's to just race for a record bike split fine, but Kona clearly proved he can't hammer the bike and run afterwards. I suspect that if he wants to win he has to take it a little easier and try and run well.

Plus he is not very good on the hills ;)

I'll put a carton of beer on it.  You up for that?