Five days out and not a single thread.

Where is the love everyone?

Heading over for the full distance from QLD on Thursday. Looks like warming up for the weekend.

PJ on start list for the Pros

Hope everyone feeling in good shape for the IM and 70.3. Cap and visor packed so hope to cross paths with a few trannies over the weekend

• Like 2

It could be an exciting race for both men and women's pro's.

Last year Terrenzo won in under 8 hours. He is back again this year, along with Wurf. PJ, Cam Brown, Tim VB.

Last year Mel H set a new course record in 8:54. She is back to defend along with Hufe, Yvonne VV, Carrie Lester and Kate Bevilaqua.

See you down there TP.

13 minutes ago, pieman said:

Berkel and wurf to battle it out..

Fixed that for you.  

8 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

See you down there TP.

Having just spent the last two months working remote. QLD & WA (Laverton) so not far from Wiluna. I have a lot of respect for you Ironnerd. There is no way I could work remote & still manage to train for an Ironman.  I'm sure you would get used to 12hr shifts but damm they knock me around.  

Last thing I wanted to do was go for a run or ride after work. 

Have a great race & I hope you smash it. 

51 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Fixed that for you.  

Having just spent the last two months working remote. QLD & WA (Laverton) so not far from Wiluna. I have a lot of respect for you Ironnerd. There is no way I could work remote & still manage to train for an Ironman.  I'm sure you would get used to 12hr shifts but damm they knock me around.  

Nah PJ has the eye of the tiger back... his alarm is set for 2.55 every morning and given his lack of social media updates his phone is not only out of the bedroom but actually out of Noosa...

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, pieman said:

Nah PJ has the eye of the tiger back... his alarm is set for 2.55 every morning and given his lack of social media updates his phone is not only out of the bedroom but actually out of Noosa...

Fingers crossed he hasn't forgotten his 2 x worming tablets. Would love to see PJ & Berkel battle it out.  I remember watching Shortis & Berkel battling for the win back in 2010.  I thought Shortis was going to take it but Berkel dropped him on the last climb back into town.

If Mel H is racing this weekend it will be interesting to see how much her big effort at IMWS70.3 has taken out of her, it was a great win and a big effort physically and emotionally for Mel.

44 minutes ago, pieman said:

Posted a photo on the plane yesterday with his magic green, nutty meal or something

11 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

It could be an exciting race for both men and women's pro's.

Last year Terrenzo won in under 8 hours. He is back again this year, along with Wurf. PJ, Cam Brown, Tim VB.

Last year Mel H set a new course record in 8:54. She is back to defend along with Hufe, Yvonne VV, Carrie Lester and Kate Bevilaqua.

See you down there TP.

What are your goals for the race mate? 

Flying in from Brisbane tomorrow (it's going to be a long flight!) and drive down to Busso on Friday. Down for my 4th IMWA (used to live in Perth before this) and hopefully 12th IM finish. I can almost smell the Legacy spot (sure I have to wait a couple more years). All the best to those racing! Might be a hot but wet one!

I'll be down there. going for finish number 3. 3rd times a charm right.....

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Thanks Bored@work. There is a 5km track between the village and office. I run to and from work so get 10km per day. Most nights I manage to fit in 30-45 minutes in the gym.On break I train like a mad man.

I have a legacy spot for 2019 so am really motivate to train. 

I'll be doing the half, so will be on the beers cheering u guys on, make sure you have some trannie ID on you and you'll get a high 5 from your old pal Z.

So much FOMO.  :msn-cry:

Am working the weekend. A special friend is racing and I'd love to go down, but might be better to watch from afar. I can't even say I'll be back next year! 2019 is the earliest I can fit an IM in to my life. 

Race well everyone. Time for a roll call perhaps?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zed said:

What are your goals for the race mate? 

I always hope to go under 12 hours, but have only done it twice. Time is not that important. Not matter what time I do I will enjoy the day and the challenge of pushing myself.

You start the 70.3 so early you will have finished by the time I finish my first lap on the bike.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

I always hope to go under 12 hours, but have only done it twice. Time is not that important. Not matter what time I do I will enjoy the day and the challenge of pushing myself.

You start the 70.3 so early you will have finished by the time I finish my first lap on the bike.

ha ha yeah, last year I was coming in off the bike, as the lead IM guys were starting the bike. It's going to be warm, so will be happy to be done early. I've realised, unintentionally all my gear is black! Black kask helmet, black trisuit, black bike, black shoes! If I ever KQ will have to get all new non-black equipment!

1 hour ago, Katz said:

So much FOMO.  :msn-cry:

Am working the weekend. A special friend is racing and I'd love to go down, but might be better to watch from afar. I can't even say I'll be back next year! 2019 is the earliest I can fit an IM in to my life. 

Race well everyone. Time for a roll call perhaps?

It'll have to be an interstate Ironman. Last IMWA will be next year. 

IM Cairns is the go for 2019. 

Isn't that right GO EASY....?? LOL 

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I thought Shortis was going to take it but Berkel dropped him on the last climb back into town.

What Climb?

Jumping up a gutter?

14 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Oh.****.Off.

Looks like I am doing IMWA 2018, trained or not.

Edited by Katz
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

IM Cairns is the go for 2019. 

Isn't that right GO EASY....?? LOL 

I thought this year was the last??

8 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I was thinking about going across just to watch Wurf tear himself apart chasing a sub 4hr bike & sub8hr time. 

No chance in hell he would break 4 hours.