Sign in to follow this  
Willywonka

Clincher recommendations

I have recently purchased a pair of Reynolds Carbon Strike SLG carbon clinchers, rims can be used as tubeless also. I have found it a challenge to fit both Conti Grand Prix 4000 23mm and S-Works Gription 24mm (which I use on my training rims), includes snapping tyre levers.. Currently I have a pair of Mavic Yksion Elite Guard which took some effort but are on, but as I flatted recently by a nail puncturing the tyre, I need to replace the tyre with less than 20km on it.

Issue is that given all options so far have proved difficult to fit, are there better tyre options for these Reynolds rims or are these rims just going to be difficult given that they can run tubeless also?

Would appreciate any guidance on different tyre options.

I've got Reynolds Assaults on my roady and run Continentals on them. They are a dog to refit after a puncture but they are a good tyre.

I now use puncture repair as an exercise in anger management. 

Continental GP TT. I used these for 2 seasons, great tyres, quick, never had flats. About 30% of the top pros in Kona used them. As Softy said, not the easiest to get on.

Conti GP 4000 are the way to go. I have little trouble refitting them after a puncture, so I'm curious to know what you're having problems with.