goughy

QTS SEQ series 2017/18

21 minutes ago, A2K said:

Looks like they've managed to secure a single out and back course for that race so just one U turn to navigate.

Also just to be clear I do appreciate the effort people like yourself put into running these races and your willingness to be open and discuss it on here is also much appreciated.

What course map are you looking at? Kool Kids get an out and back.

Robina OD sold out. Really wanted to do something mid Jan to mid Feb, before Kingy.    No Bribie then either. Anything else around?

1 hour ago, AA7 said:

What course map are you looking at? Kool Kids get an out and back.

I think we got our wires crossed. I was referring to the Goldie draft legal worlds.

3 minutes ago, A2K said:

I think we got our wires crossed. I was referring to the Goldie draft legal worlds.

Ah, gotcha now :)

1 hour ago, goughy said:

Robina OD sold out. Really wanted to do something mid Jan to mid Feb, before Kingy.    No Bribie then either. Anything else around?

Caloudra qts sprint - 11 feb - The sprint at robina still available

Robina is a Super sprint now.  Long way to go for that.....

So is anyone else going to be at Raby Bay this weekend?  My comeback event (I can't call it a race, I'm not racing as such) after nearly 2 years out of action. If you see me out there say gday.... Will be on a red/white/back Fuji (thanks trannies), wearing my Hoka clown shoes (thanks Roxii) and trannie hat on the run and wearing all black. And if you're really not sure, I'll be the one with the ponytail or manbun.....

My daughter is doing her first qts Enticer so if you see her cheer her on.  She'll be on an old Cannondale roadie (thanks ex-h) with Fuji aero wheels (you know, for bling factor), wobbling the hell all over the place, and wearing Toowoomba Tri Club kit. And she's gonna be very bored waiting for me to finish walking the run!

Edited by goughy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yep, I am in tomorrow. I’ve been sick with this rotten head cold for about 3 weeks so it could be a little ugly.

Yeah, I know! My we've is 7.55 so gonna be a stinker on the run (I mean walk)....

8 hours ago, Tyno said:

Likely hot AF trundling the walk leg Goughy, so sunscreen up!

Only 30 tomorrow. Lucky it wasn't today. Mind you, it'll be as humid as hell after the storms that went through tonight.

Looking forward to hearing how you all went.  Doing a few bricks this morning.  Bloody hot! 

That was fun; hurt like hell, but was fun. Yeah, that wind picked up on the ride eh. The back straight to the turn around was like doing hotw; you're screaming along going great guns, hit the turn around, feel the wind, and go "oh shit!"

Well, I wasn't going to, but with enough coaxing from my mate and the atmosphere around the place I couldn't not run the run (or jog it more correctly).  And was happy with how I was going to about 4.5k in and I'm slowing and can go no faster but my hr has dropped to 141! Muscles were just buggered having not run a step for more than 18 months. So had no choice but to walk, got my walk pace up to 7:50/km and my hr is back up to 170. Try running again and in short order just can't keep going. Wondering if next time I might try a 2min/1min walk run but go hard during the run portion. Who knows.

And a first for me, I saw someone nude in transition.  Sadly, it was a dude! And this wasn't someone changing gear from swim to ride. This was in transition while setting up before the races started. My daughter was beside me but oblivious to him. But yeah, that was a wtf moment.

My daughter broke her last swim cap at squad the other day, so while we were packing up I saw a few caps lying by themselves around us, so I told Jas to go get a few of the them that were lying alone.... she did get a few funny looks from people!

IMG_20171210_133726.jpg

Edited by goughy
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, goughy said:

That was fun; hurt like hell, but was fun. Yeah, that wind picked up on the ride eh. The bank straight to the turn around was like doing hotw; you're screening asking going great guns, hit the turn around, feel the wind, and go "oh shit!"

Well, I want going to, but with enough coaxing from my mate and the atmosphere around the place I couldn't not run the run (or jog it more correctly).  And was happy with how I was going to about 4.5k in and I'm allowing and can go no faster but my hr has dropped to 141! Muscles were just buggered having not run a step for more than 18 months. So had no choice to walk, got my walk pace up to 7:50/km and my hr is back up to 170. Try running again and in short order just can't keep going. Wondering if next time I might try a 2min/1min walk run but go hard during the run portion. Who knows.

And a first for me, I saw someone nurse I'm transition.  Sadly, it was a dude! And this wasn't someone changing gear from swim to ride. This was in transition while setting up before the races started. My daughter was beside me but oblivious to him. But yeah, that was a wtf moment.

My daughter broke her last swim cap at squad the other day, so while we were packing up I saw a few calls lying by themselves around us, so I told Jas to go get a few of the caps that were lying alone.... she did get a few funny looks from people!

I swear i havent been drinking, officer

Frig me Turts, that was horrendous!!  I'd have made more sense if I was drunk. Bloody autocorrect running rampant!

I'm guessing they have photos from these events?  Had a look at some past ones sites, and couldn't see any links about pics.

18 minutes ago, goughy said:

I'm guessing they have photos from these events?  Had a look at some past ones sites, and couldn't see any links about pics.

Yep, usually posted gradually from about Wednesday.