ashley_s

Points required for world age group team

11 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Ah, OK. For some reason I thought more people did sprints than standards..

Isn't it your best 3 races? Nit an accumulation of all?

Yes. 

On 07/12/2017 at 4:34 PM, Cat Lady said:

slow day at work so wandered over to Triathlon Australia website and saw the points lists are up.

4 races into the sprint series and 2 races in the olympic series I note Youngy is up there on both!  

http://www.triathlon.org.au/Age_Group/2018_Australian_Age_Group_Team/2018_Australian_Age_Group_Team_Selection_Points.htm

It would be nice if they had a list of accumulated points so you didn't have to search for each person in your AG and add up their points as well as your own. Or am I missing that link?

Also, I'm listed in the 35-39 but my points will be calculated as a 40-44 because that's the AG I'll be trying to qualify for. How do we know who else is in the same boat?

The accumulated points are at the bottom. My friend is going up from 40-44 to 45-49 and her points are shown in her new age group.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cranky said:

It would be nice if they had a list of accumulated points so you didn't have to search for each person in your AG and add up their points as well as your own. Or am I missing that link?

Also, I'm listed in the 35-39 but my points will be calculated as a 40-44 because that's the AG I'll be trying to qualify for. How do we know who else is in the same boat?

I think they are still refining this.  In my age group there's a woman who has bounced between 55-59 and 60-64 over several races.

I turned 39 a couple of weeks ago. I raced Kurnell in the 35-39 but the table shows me in the correct age group of 40-44.

5 hours ago, Cranky said:

Yes, you're missing the fact that the accumlated points is also shown.

Your points will be shown in the category you will be racing in if you qualify. So I raced Townsville in 35-39yrs, my time was slotted in to the position i would've placed in the 40-44yrs and given those points. 

• Like 1

They didnt do the total last year, so i had my own spreadsheet and yep, trawled through the finish lists. Not that hard though with a bit of an understanding of excel. 

Good improvement this year

• Like 1