Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ironnerd

Nike Vaporfly 4% Shoe

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, zed said:

Yeah I've been hearing good things about these. Are they available here yet?

They won't be .too expensive at over $350 or more.:huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$350 a pair......Typical American approach buy anything to save you from training. I wonder how many of these people run six days a week. A lot of people are too fond of the comfort of their beds. I know guys who regularly get up at 3-4am to fit their training in before their work and family commitments.    

 

I'm going to earn my speed & get up at 3am.  There's nothing wrong with my Dunlop KT26's. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Strava's stats the Nike Vaporfly 4% was worn by 12.4% of 2019 Boston Marathon runners (with Strava accounts).

Nike's PR/marketing has been very successful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The New York Times has published an article that shows that the Nike 4% do you give you an advantage.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/12/13/upshot/nike-vaporfly-next-percent-shoe-estimates.html?action=click&module=Editors Picks&pgtype=Homepage

I am waiting for the Nike Vaporly 50% to become available before I buy a pair 😋.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://runningmagazine.ca/sections/gear/is-world-athletics-about-to-ban-the-nike-vaporfly-next-and-alphafly/

maybe will get banned

Quote

Amid much speculation about how much of an advantage Nike’s VaporFly, NEXT% and AlphaFly confer and calls for them to be banned, Cathal Dennehy reports in the Irish Independent that World Athletics has drafted a new rule limiting the thickness of a competition shoe’s midsole. Depending on how it is worded, such a rule could make the Nike shoes illegal in competition.

 

Edited by Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Peter said:

Not sure how this can ever be policed, especially at amateur level. You get Zoomflys with and without carbon plates, they look identical. I guess at the top level, they could do something about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, zed said:

Not sure how this can ever be policed, especially at amateur level. You get Zoomflys with and without carbon plates, they look identical. I guess at the top level, they could do something about it.

I don't think they will care about some fat guy doing a 10k event. 

It's all about the professionals.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Peter said:

I don't think they will care about some fat guy doing a 10k event. 

 

 

Phew!

Edited by zed
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, more said:

Why can they advance bicycle tech, wetsuit tech but not running tech? 

But both swimming & cycling have done similar.

Swimming retrospectively banned the hi-tech swimsuits, and cycling banned certain geometries of bikes after they started breaking the TT records.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/01/2020 at 10:17 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

But both swimming & cycling have done similar.

Swimming retrospectively banned the hi-tech swimsuits, and cycling banned certain geometries of bikes after they started breaking the TT records.

F the UCI - I want to go fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trifun said:

F the UCI - I want to go fast.

They won't let my TT bike near an official race, but it's wonderfully comfortable, and very fast for something older than half the competitors in Tri's these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Crowies crushed nuts said:

You can't actually buy these shoes anywhere in australia can you? 

Yeah the running shop in Clayton and Yarraville has them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought a pair of these a few months back but hadn't worn them. I've been feeling crap the last month or so, parkruns at about 21.30ish have been pretty hard effort for me on a flat course and no real intense running sets done. So thought I'd give these a whirl at Mooloolaba on Sunday as I thought I'd need all the help I could get. Only had a few short runs in them starting last Thursday. Ended up with 43.45 run split which I was pleasantly surprised with and actually felt really good. So they get a tick from me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AA7 said:

Bought a pair of these a few months back but hadn't worn them. I've been feeling crap the last month or so, parkruns at about 21.30ish have been pretty hard effort for me on a flat course and no real intense running sets done. So thought I'd give these a whirl at Mooloolaba on Sunday as I thought I'd need all the help I could get. Only had a few short runs in them starting last Thursday. Ended up with 43.45 run split which I was pleasantly surprised with and actually felt really good. So they get a tick from me.

I've never actually seen you run - are you a "heel striker", midfoot, forefoot??  I've read they are beat for heel strikers???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...