swimbikerunblogger

5 Ironman in 5 continents by the age of 50

Good morning to all the triathlete or future ones :). My name is Marco, I am new to the forum turning 47 in few months and I have a dream, finishing 5 Ironman in 5 continents by the age of 50. I do consider myself as an average normal guy but with a huge passion for triathlon. I will attend my first Ironman next year in Italy (Ironman Emilia-Romagna), anybody did it or is planning to do it? Other reason of this thread is to connect with triathlete that share the same passion and maybe have the chance to train with some of them. I am living in Krakow (Poland), so if you are in the area please drop a line and meet for some good training :).

Their might be someone from Portland on here 

not sure about Poland 

good luck with your venture 

• Like 2

John Newsom a coach from New Zealand has several guys in Poland he coaches for ironman. Maybe contact him. 

Does anyone think "Marco" may have recently been someone else on this forum and only recently morphed into "Marco from Krakow" B)

I had Michael from Mumbai ring me the other day to get me to switch over to Optus :huh:

17 minutes ago, AP said:

I had Michael from Mumbai ring me the other day to get me to switch over to Optus :huh:

You have a mobile ?

FM

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, AP said:

Does anyone think "Marco" may have recently been someone else on this forum and only recently morphed into "Marco from Krakow" B)

NO!! 

The IP address resolves to Poland, seems legit. 

1 hour ago, AP said:

If you follow the link in his avatar it seems to be fine - https://swimbikerunblogger.com

Offer him a few tips AP rather than casting dispersions.

• Like 2

Hey! Welcome to the forum!

I will be in Warsaw for two weeks on work in January.

We can take a selfie then and post it on the forum so everyone knows you are legitimate. The only thing left to do then is to go under 13 hours in your Ironman Italy and you will have full access to the forum.

15 hours ago, Peter said:

John Newsom a coach from New Zealand has several guys in Poland he coaches for ironman. Maybe contact him. 

Thanks a lot Peter, I do have a training program but good to have an additional help just in case. How can I reach him? 

4 hours ago, Horowitz said:

Hey! Welcome to the forum!

I will be in Warsaw for two weeks on work in January.

We can take a selfie then and post it on the forum so everyone knows you are legitimate. The only thing left to do then is to go under 13 hours in your Ironman Italy and you will have full access to the forum.

eheheh my goal is below 12 hours. Anything more will be more than welcome :). If you are in Warsaw, Krakow is not that far and believe me it's much nicer ;)

13 minutes ago, swimbikerunblogger said:

Maybe a good advice from you guys is, which ironman would you recommend in your area :)

Wanaka if it is distance and not brand, most scenic tri in the world. Google Challenge Wanaka. This is my pick of destination races in Australasia. (having done all the current Iron Distance events)

Taupo (IMNZ) if the brand is important, in New Zealand. Water is fresh and clean, ride hard, run undulating and senic. Can be a bit hit and miss on weather.

Cairns is good if like slightly warmer weather, ride is scenic compared to Taupo, Port Mac, flat run.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, swimbikerunblogger said:

eheheh my goal is below 12 hours. Anything more will be more than welcome :). If you are in Warsaw, Krakow is not that far and believe me it's much nicer ;)

I visited both cities only a few months ago for work. And Lodz also. And i agree that Krakow is nicer than Warsaw. In fact right this minute I'm online with someone in Lodz trying to fix an IT issue!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rory-dognz said:

Wanaka if it is distance and not brand, most scenic tri in the world. Google Challenge Wanaka. This is my pick of destination races in Australasia. (having done all the current Iron Distance events)

Taupo (IMNZ) if the brand is important, in New Zealand. Water is fresh and clean, ride hard, run undulating and senic. Can be a bit hit and miss on weather.

Cairns is good if like slightly warmer weather, ride is scenic compared to Taupo, Port Mac, flat run.

Thanks Rory :)

10 hours ago, swimbikerunblogger said:

Maybe a good advice from you guys is, which ironman would you recommend in your area :)

All depends what u want out of the race

as Rory has suggested Taupo is a great race but it's in NZ and weather can be very average 

portmac would be your best bet if you want atmosphere, a solid course and a great event 

cairns is pretty dam good also , very very scenic, great course and it will be warm , but could also be windy and wet ,  but still warm

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pieman said:

For  $200 per month AP will give him as many tips as he wants..

Giving back to the sport ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, ironpo said:

All depends what u want out of the race

as Rory has suggested Taupo is a great race but it's in NZ and weather can be very average 

portmac would be your best bet if you want atmosphere, a solid course and a great event 

cairns is pretty dam good also , very very scenic, great course and it will be warm , but could also be windy and wet ,  but still warm

I am living in Poland.......today went cycling with 8 degrees and windy :). I love warm :)

4 hours ago, swimbikerunblogger said:

...today went cycling with 8 degrees and windy :). 

Sounds like Taupo (IMNZ)  weather 

6 hours ago, swimbikerunblogger said:

I am living in Poland.......today went cycling with 8 degrees and windy :). I love warm :)

You need to talk to FP.

• Like 1