I have already booked my accommodation for the February race - it will be my 25th consecutive HOTW - lets hope the swim is in the river this year B)  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AP said:

lets hope the swim is in the river this year B)  

As opposed to...

Bout 8 of us from Port Mac coming up/across to do this race.... always wanted to do it...... can’t wait

wen I booked the accom the chap laughed and said “u know it’s gonna be 40d don’t ya”    Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badger77 said:

Bout 8 of us from Port Mac coming up/across to do this race.... always wanted to do it...... can’t wait

wen I booked the accom the chap laughed and said “u know it’s gonna be 40d don’t ya”    Lol

Yeah, save some space and leave your wetsuits at home. Only race I've done where the water felt warm to get into. My other tip, buy some clear goggles, don't wanna swim in tinted.

• Like 2

My wife and myself are planning a romantic getaway to Gundy next year to both have a race for a change.  Leaving the kids with Grandies and bunking in with a room full of mates.

I think I have over a dozen of these racked up and missed a few recently.

Looking forward to it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SpeedySteve said:

Leaving the kids with Grandies and bunking in with a room full of mates.

That sounds romantic :huh: will we see you at Hervey Bay 100 ? 

Be good to see you out racing the HOTW again Speedy Steve.

25 consecutive years Al! Amazing.

For everyone else that's still thinking about entering the Early Bird entries close this Friday at 12 midnight.

There will also be a Super Saturday of events for those that might be coming out to support but don't want to do a long course triathlon. 5km and 10km runs and an enticer distance triathlon that will be run at the end of the kids triathlons.

• Like 1

Will be in NZ supporting my wife for the Dunedin Masters Games & doing lots of fly-fishing, else I'd have been tempted to do the enticer and watch the big gig on Sunday.  HoW 2012 was my last ever 'serious' race & my best result ever.  It's good to go out on top :huh:

On 11/14/2017 at 8:02 AM, Notsofast said:

I agree, but going to do the Tweed Enduro this year.

Hey, Not so fast, by the look of your avatar, I think a few weeks in the heat may not go astray..............................BTW, great race, great town, great people!! 

Edited by Chambo