Cranky

Kingscliff Tri Hill

Does anyone know how long and what grade the hill on the run course at Kingscliff is? I've run it before but just wanting to pass accurate information onto others.

That's not a hill! 

• Like 1

Although I should add the first time I did it I almost died.  Following year, all set for mountain and associated torture and it was like, say what 🤔.  That's it? The mind is a funny thing

These sort of things always make me think of what a mate told me after doing a half mara at Noosa. He was telling me about someone who was botching to him afterwards that it was suppose to be a flat course!  He told them that there wasn't any hills, and the person replied with "what about those bridges over all the canals?"  Some people aren't gonna be happy to they get a loop course that's slightly downhill the whole way!

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2017 at 8:02 PM, goughy said:

That's not a hill! 

On 12/11/2017 at 9:06 PM, Cat Lady said:

That's not a hill, it's an incline 

On 12/11/2017 at 9:08 PM, Cat Lady said:

Although I should add the first time I did it I almost died.  Following year, all set for mountain and associated torture and it was like, say what 🤔.  That's it? The mind is a funny thing

It definitely changes.  Last year it was no where near as big as it was this year.  I wonder how they do that. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

It definitely changes.  Last year it was no where near as big as it was this year.  I wonder how they do that. 

Changes in the ocean floor pushing it up actually. True story.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

It has to do with the phase of the moon & the tides.

I'm expecting it to be particularly steep this year, as the only hills I've run recently were the bridges at Noosa.:D

All sharks safely herded out to sea by the surf life savers.

No bushfires as the heavy rain put them all out. Then the sun came out to dry the roads.

Cranky made it up the incline, (twice) but I almost didn't....

No tacks, but the pot holes were almost as bad.

• Like 1