Oompa Loompa

what the one event in the world you would like to do

1 minute ago, roxii said:

Why, I dont want to go to Kona, never really have.  Just as well, saved me a lot of money and disappointment. 

But it’s the be all and end of the sport.

You are nothing if you haven’t done Kona - AP 

The New Zealand Coast to Coast race would be pretty cool, if it's still going.

As corny as it sounds I wouldn't mind doing the old Coolangatta Gold too.  It's actually possible now too as they have a masters  age group categories but I couldn't be bothered doing a proficiency test and then enough patrol hours to be able to compete in SLSA races again. 

7 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

The New Zealand Coast to Coast race would be pretty cool, if it's still going.

As corny as it sounds I wouldn't mind doing the old Coolangatta Gold too.  It's actually possible now too as they have a masters  age group categories but I couldn't be bothered doing a proficiency test and then enough patrol hours to be able to compete in SLSA races again. 

I don’t think you need to be in a surf club to enter. Friend of mine did it and I’m sure she didn’t join a club. 

1 hour ago, roxii said:

I don’t think you need to be in a surf club to enter. Friend of mine did it and I’m sure she didn’t join a club. 

Well there you go...... thanks Roxii

Competitors can be either current members of SLSA or members of the general public.

All competitors who are members of a Surf Life Saving Club must be entered in the event with their respective Clubs listed, must be financial members and be eligible for competition under the current Surf Sports Manual.

On 06/11/2017 at 8:58 AM, surfer101 said:

RAAM 

London marathon

LCW Wales for the comparison

LCW Wales is a great event with excellent support. Tough course. I did it last year but changed the marathon to a half marathon as I was coming back from a foot injury and had ironman kalmar a few weeks after. Haven't done LCW Australia so can't compare!