Merv

Short man syndrome.

fact.  

btw, I'm neither short nor tall, boringly average

Fact

I am not short but have known a hobbit for years!

I had a short mate back in my drinking days, he is known more by his nickname "Angry"   Yep, its a thing. 

Varies, my year 9 science teacher Mr Underwood definitely fell into the category, had a real chip on his shoulder that he didn't even come up to the shoulder of most of his students and seemed to love spending all his afternoons supervising detentions.  I'm guessing Ralph is still out there somewhere in the Qld Education system still torturing his taller students (hang on, it may have been about his name, not his height)

On the flipside got a mate from uni, Shane, that had all the attributes to be a great jockey, other than being able to ride a horse.  Great guy, very giving and don't think I've even heard him swear

But seriously I think it does exist.  I think that many feel ripped off and try and overcompensate in other ways.  But the same thing could be said about anyone who feels inadequate at anything.

Personally I feel content with most things in my life so don't really feel agro about much except when I see the 'small people' of the world being picked on by others.  By 'small people' I also mean the disadvantaged or others that just don't seem to fit in elsewhere.

• Like 1

Yes I think it’s a problem for some. None of my sons are tall, but my middle son seems to have issues with it sometimes. Not sure why as he’s so coordinated and talented and has competed at national levels in both gymnastics and dance.

Can't be all that bad, look at all that extra leg space when flying. 

• Like 1

Depends, does being a female, left handed, black, Muslim, red headed or gay make a difference?

29 minutes ago, Merv said:

As a tall man nothing gets my goat more than a short man that could barely lift his own enormous gut without having a coronary paying to sit in an exit row.  The same goes for small women who would be out-weighted by the door they have to lift and throw out in an emergency.  I'd have a go at them but I'm always worried they'll stand up and headbutt me in the nuts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, oldave said:

Depends, does being a female, left handed, black, Muslim, red headed or gay make a difference?

if you want to get married in Australia, yes it does as one of the above can't!!!!

3 hours ago, Stikman said:

As a tall man nothing gets my goat more than a short man that could barely lift his own enormous gut without having a coronary paying to sit in an exit row.  The same goes for small women who would be out-weighted by the door they have to lift and throw out in an emergency.  I'd have a go at them but I'm always worried they'll stand up and headbutt me in the nuts.

Don't underestimate a "small women"........  If that doors needs to be opened, I will open it. Small does not equal weak........yep and better watch those nuts.....ankles.....knees.....  :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stikman said:

.... and the airlines are so inconsiderate! At 153cm my legs swing in the breeze! The least they could do is also provide a footrest! :-)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Merv said:

Yep, I've never had a problem with leg room.

I also have a little chuckle to myself whenever I'm on a trail run and the taller runners knock their scones on the low hanging branches.  I don't seem to have a problem with them!

• Haha 1

Ive worked with a short woman who had small man syndrome. She was a living, breathing monster of a nightmare. True

• Like 1

Fact.

Too many example of angry little bastards I have worked with in particular for there not to be some truth to this!!

Normally they don't bother me that much, just happened to stumble across a rare cluster of them.  

2 hours ago, Ayto said:

Fact.

Too many example of angry little bastards I have worked with in particular for there not to be some truth to this!!

Same as blondes are dumb, redheads are angry, asians are greedy, blacks are stupid. You're a fool

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, oldave said:

Same as blondes are dumb, redheads are angry, asians are greedy, blacks are stupid. You're a fool

Been called worse, but thanks for your input.

1 hour ago, Ayto said:

Been called worse, but thanks for your input.

Seriously thinking that someone's height has anything with temperament.