Merv

Short man syndrome.

14 hours ago, Merv said:

Normally they don't bother me that much, just happened to stumble across a rare cluster of them.  

If there were seven of them, surely only one was Grumpy!!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, oldave said:

Seriously thinking that someone's height has anything with temperament.

starting to think it might be age...?

55 minutes ago, oldave said:

No, but someone's height may have something to do with how they are seen by other people. Then that constant differentiation you are placed in by others may have a lot to do with your temperament.

Got no doubt having the dimensions of a labrador puppy, affords a certain amount of latitude when character flaws are assessed.

1 hour ago, zed said:

I'm a 5'7 angry little man.

I’m 172cm or 5ft7and 3/4 and I consider myself average height. Personally I wouldn’t want to be really tall.

3 hours ago, Ayto said:

Been called worse, but thanks for your input.

What, has someone called you short? :lol:

16 hours ago, oldave said:

Same as blondes are dumb, redheads are angry, asians are greedy, blacks are stupid. You're a fool

Is this proof or just anecdotal evidence?  (Some) stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason.  I used to be blonde and have become considerably smarter since I started losing my hair and subsequently going grey.

Besides everyone knows that the only reason redheads are angry is that they're more likely to be Irish and that's why they have bad tempers.

4 hours ago, Stikman said:

I ... have become considerably smarter since I started losing my hair and subsequently going grey.

Do you have any proof?

To be fair my short mate “Angry” was also a redhead so I can’t definitely say his shortness was the only reason for his attitude. 

Could stem from insecurity about their height. I've been having the worst issues with this midget woman for several years - total psychopath in the true sense of the word. Most evil and manipulative person I've ever met.

I also have trouble with small horses. Fallen off a few because they are both nasty and agile at the same time. Feel much safer on big horses.

11 hours ago, oldave said:

or age

1 hour ago, The Customer said:

I also have trouble with small horses. Fallen off a few because they are both nasty and agile at the same time. Feel much safer on big horses.

If I was going to get attacked by a dog, I'd much rather it be a Chihuahua than an Tosa.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, XCOM! said:

If I was going to get attacked by a dog, I'd much rather it be a Chihuahua than an Tosa.

As a kid, my first job was on a milk run, and over a few years was bitten by about a half dozen dogs. Not one of them was taller than my knee height. Short dog syndrome seems to apply too.

5 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

As a kid, my first job was on a milk run, and over a few years was bitten by about a half dozen dogs. Not one of them was taller than my knee height. Short dog syndrome seems to apply too.

Yep my mini Schnauzer has some serious attitude. 

Used to have a PE Teacher at school in Ballarat who was a total dick. About 4' 11" and about the same in width. He used to take his issues out on the students and was possibly the nastiest little man I have ever known. He still teaches at the school and the students are still fearful of him. No basis for learning having a bully as your teacher.

I once found myself on the wrong end of him, with a mate, on a rowing camp. He made us run laps of the oval at night until we apologised to him. We'd done nothing wrong, but we kept running for close to 2 hours!

Short, angry, tool. Doesn't prove the theory, but does evoke some horrible memories.

On 02/11/2017 at 7:11 PM, The Customer said:

Could stem from insecurity about their height. I've been having the worst issues with this midget woman for several years - total psychopath in the true sense of the word. Most evil and manipulative person I've ever met.

Is this the woman, who was taking your Strava QOM?

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Is this the woman, who was taking your Strava QOM?

Nah, in that duel TC is the psychopath :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2