FatPom

Smart turbo/ Zwift and the clueless

17 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I mean choose it from the Ride option and not do a load of file entry gymnastics.  I have heard they will release one alternative for each scheduled world but not sure when. 

Ah gotcha. Yeah I'm no gymnast. Just ride whatevers there. 

10 hours ago, FatPom said:

👍 I don't really drink but that course is enough to make me start:lol:

It's a cold grey day here but dry and the roads are relatively clean. I  should have gone out with the cc club but needed to get it done early today.

I wish Zwift would just let you choose any world.   A mate at work said there was 10,000 people on the other night!

As @Turtshas pointed out above there's a Zwift hack which is super easy to use and you can ride wherever you want whenever you like. It is pretty cool.

It makes Zwift even better. Especially when you log in and there's 6000-7000 people all riding Volcano Flat 😂😂😂

14 hours ago, KieranR said:

I just checked, I was actually 1:19 for stage 1

Nice

Just tried to do stage 2. There were only about 6 riders on start box but I was quickly 800th out of 940 with no riders around me.  Above the list of riders it said tour de zwift stage 2 but for some reason I was actually riding the volcano route...

1 hour ago, pieman said:

Just tried to do stage 2. There were only about 6 riders on start box but I was quickly 800th out of 940 with no riders around me.  Above the list of riders it said tour de zwift stage 2 but for some reason I was actually riding the volcano route...

I had the same thing happen on my first group ride.  Was supposed to be in London but it was just me and some other dude rolling around Innsbruck

Were you using Turts' world hack?

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I had the same thing happen on my first group ride.  Was supposed to be in London but it was just me and some other dude rolling around Innsbruck

Were you using Turts' world hack?

Nah I think it's because I logged in and paired everything to make sure it was going to work then just sat on side of road for 10 mins before "joining event ".. just ended up doing the next one instead

Completed Stage 3 of TDZ last night.  Happy days until the last 5km, somewhere around a 230m climb 😲

12 minutes ago, Stuie016 said:

Completed Stage 3 of TDZ last night.  Happy days until the last 5km, somewhere around a 230m climb 😲

Looking forward to Stage 6?

Edited by IronJimbo

My zwift played up, it only let me do 15 km of stage 3, i contacted Zwift and they are not sure what happened, they seemed to think i didn't have the latest update, i did, so they are looking into it.  it still shows I completed the stage though so all good.  nice easy ride for me.

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Looking forward to Stage 6?

Not particularly.

8 minutes ago, KieranR said:

My zwift played up, it only let me do 15 km of stage 3, i contacted Zwift and they are not sure what happened, they seemed to think i didn't have the latest update, i did, so they are looking into it.  it still shows I completed the stage though so all good.  nice easy ride for me.

You got off easy 😀.  I actually managed to keep with a few groups during the ride which helped, I think.  Burnt a few matches trying to get on the back a couple of times but gave a good feeling of what I would think it is like in the real world of racing.

Edited by Stuie016

3 minutes ago, Stuie016 said:

You got off easy 😀.  I actually managed to keep with a few groups during the ride which helped, I think.  Burnt a few matches trying to get on the back a couple of times but gave a good feeling of what I would think it is like in the real world of racing.

I think I went from 600 th to 1100 th out of 1600 on that climb.. 

Stage 3 done.  My coach wanted me to do 48min of intervals this morning, so I killed two birds with one stone and ended up 720th out of 3100 or so

So if anyone had to ride through a patch of blood, guts and feathers this morning, that was me...

• Like 1

Stage 3 done.  Was going great guns (well, relatively) until that last 5 km.  Roasted, again.  

And re NY everything babe, it's stupid evil.  Crazy gradients, deeply uninterested in ever doing it again. 

23 minutes ago, tortoise said:

And re NY everything babe, it's stupid evil.  Crazy gradients, deeply uninterested in ever doing it again. 

If I see NY on the calendar I get on the workouts. I think cranking it up a sudden hill on the opening week is what killed my back. 

34 minutes ago, MissJess said:

If I see NY on the calendar I get on the workouts. I think cranking it up a sudden hill on the opening week is what killed my back. 

If I see NY on the calendar I use the hack and go back to Watopia

So much hate for NY. 

I dont mind it. I just ride what comes. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Turts said:

So much hate for NY. 

I dont mind it. I just ride what comes. 

Generally I'm like that but NY really is the ranga stepchild of Zwift.  I find riding NY is ok but training with hard efforts is a nightmare of frustration.

1 hour ago, Bosco said:

Ok - just to confirm - Apple TV 4 is simplistic and easiest way to run? 

I just use an old laptop with Ant+ stick. 

15 hours ago, Bosco said:

Ok - just to confirm - Apple TV 4 is simplistic and easiest way to run? 

Yes

• Thanks 1