FatPom

Smart turbo/ Zwift and the clueless

I struggle to stand when on the trainer. The position doesn’t feel right. Not sure if a climb would fix this by increasing the height of the bars. 

I would like a trainer that allows the bike to rock side to side

17 minutes ago, Limited said:

I struggle to stand when on the trainer. The position doesn’t feel right. Not sure if a climb would fix this by increasing the height of the bars. 

I would like a trainer that allows the bike to rock side to side

Kurt kinetic rock and roll?  

Or get a "rocker plate"for under your kickr

5 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Anyone using a climb yet? reviews etc?  I have some spare cash & I'm thinking of getting one.

gplama did a full review and angryasian did one for cyclingtips.

Just finished up my 25km free trial on Zwift using my Tacx Satori (Smart but not Controllable).

I would recommend to anyone out there spend a little more on a controllable trainer as the experience, I would imagine, would be soooo much better.

Trying to keep up with gradient changes and adjusting my resistance manually was an annoyance.

I did enjoy my time with my 'dumb' trainer as I was content to not try and add resistance based on terrain. You could either hit your numbers or chase people down rather than worrying about the terrain.  

The smart trainer made hills a thing 😮 

Edited by xblane

10 minutes ago, xblane said:

I did enjoy my time with my 'dumb' trainer as I was content to not try and add resistance based on terrain. You could either hit your numbers or chase people down rather than worrying about the terrain.  

The smart trainer made hills a thing 😮 

I agree with the chasing down part.  had a fellow rider shadowing me for a few kms and when we got to a hill i pulled 20s on him.  he pulled the gap back to 5secs so i gunned it and blew it back out to over 30secs.  Made me feel good.

• Like 2