FatPom

Smart turbo/ Zwift and the clueless

7 minutes ago, Turts said:

So the short version.  This took me hours last night.

Dug out my od (>5 yrs old) laptop.

Dug out my old Garmin 910XT for the Ant+ dongle.

Did all kinds of updates.

Connected it to my wifi modem and PM.

Did an hour on Zwift this morning, using my laptop.  

Thoroughly enjoyed it!  Think I might be dangerous on rollers.  Get so engrossed in the turns and stuff, I can see accidents going to happen when they arrive!

QUESTION:

Is there a way of seeing how far you have to go for the end of a climb?

I finally saw the little profile bit, but hard to tell how far that actually is.

I was only meant to do 45min or so this morning, but started a climb and wanted to finish. At 1:10 I gave up as I really had to get to work.   Was only 3 min late in the end but still.

I think you can only see that if it is 'measured climb" where it will have the leaderboard down the side and your time will appear under all your other metrics at the top?

1 hour ago, Turts said:

QUESTION:

Is there a way of seeing how far you have to go for the end of a climb?

I finally saw the little profile bit, but hard to tell how far that actually is.

I was only meant to do 45min or so this morning, but started a climb and wanted to finish. At 1:10 I gave up as I really had to get to work.   Was only 3 min late in the end but still.

You get to know the climbs and how long you've got till the end. Alpe du Zwift counts down the corners ala Alpe d'Huez.

I also find that I keep an eye on metres climbed and have a vague memory of how many metres are in the various climbs and do a bit of mental arithmetic.

8 minutes ago, Gundy said:

You get to know the climbs and how long you've got till the end. Alpe du Zwift counts down the corners ala Alpe d'Huez.

I also find that I keep an eye on metres climbed and have a vague memory of how many metres are in the various climbs and do a bit of mental arithmetic.

Hmm ok. So first time around is just a big surprise! Pedal till it stops. 

Another q.

I'm still in the trial 7 days. 

Are all the courses available all the time when you have a subscription? Or only some at any one time?

I can only see half a dozen now. 

1 hour ago, Turts said:

Another q.

I'm still in the trial 7 days. 

Are all the courses available all the time when you have a subscription? Or only some at any one time?

I can only see half a dozen now. 

Yeah there's a schedule

https://zwiftinsider.com/schedule/

You can get around it using a date hack but I've never bothered.. some courses you can only access after you've achieved certain levels..

• Thanks 1