KieranR

What do you do to get away from Triathlon?

One of the best places on earth - the Kimberly's. Another of gods greatest presents to Oz.

FM

I head away on my Kimberly trip next week and I'm nearly ready, hooked up the big 250 Watts oar panel yesterday, it all works perfectly, very happy with how it has all come together.

Just make up a few Led light strips to hook up to the gazebo for some light and re do the LED light in the canopy and then I just wait until i finish at work next Wednesday and head off, 1st stop will be coral bay and exmouth to pick dad up, then inland to tom price and karinjini, before dropping back into Karratha for a night and offload the wife and kids, then Dad and I will head off north.  Looking forward to it.

38507179_445048225974864_6141511897058377728_n.jpg

38541395_445048235974863_5071667558311002112_n.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Sounds awesome. Hope it's everything you are wanting, and more.

Honestly I just want dad to have a good time, he’ll never get the chance again, I just wanna swim some of my favourite gorges in my budgy’s 😂.  I’ve been up there plenty of times and just love the place

Kieran it would be great if you did a thread all about your trip with pics n stuff

• Like 2

17 hours ago, KieranR said:

I head away on my Kimberly trip next week and I'm nearly ready, hooked up the big 250 Watts oar panel yesterday, it all works perfectly, very happy with how it has all come together.

Just make up a few Led light strips to hook up to the gazebo for some light and re do the LED light in the canopy and then I just wait until i finish at work next Wednesday and head off, 1st stop will be coral bay and exmouth to pick dad up, then inland to tom price and karinjini, before dropping back into Karratha for a night and offload the wife and kids, then Dad and I will head off north.  Looking forward to it.

38541395_445048235974863_5071667558311002112_n.jpg

I did three weeks from Perth to Darwin in May. Loved it.

22 hours ago, KieranR said:

Hey Keiran.  What did you use to attach the solar panel to the Rhino rack?  Just a L bracket or is there some fancy Rhino attachment to do it?

I want to do something similar for my next trip to Moreton Island so I can keep the aux battery charged while the fridge keeps the stuff cold in the back.  In the past I've just set the panel up on the sand when we were stopped

AJ

7 hours ago, Surfer said:

Kieran it would be great if you did a thread all about your trip with pics n stuff

I can do that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Hey Keiran.  What did you use to attach the solar panel to the Rhino rack?  Just a L bracket or is there some fancy Rhino attachment to do it?

I want to do something similar for my next trip to Moreton Island so I can keep the aux battery charged while the fridge keeps the stuff cold in the back.  In the past I've just set the panel up on the sand when we were stopped

AJ

Hi AJ

Mate its very simple what i do because I'ma  very simple person, i just found some spare little rhino bits, they just have a square base with the bolt threat on them, drop them in the slots on the rack, drilled a hole in the frame of the solar panel, spring washer, washer and nylock nut.   As it tightens its spins the base around and locks up tight on the rack.. I have 4 batteries in this  Ute, crank battery, then a 100 amp marine battery under the bonnet, i went with that because of the heat and AGM's don't like excessive heat, the marine battery is only running aux power to all my 12 v points and the compressor, also wired it up to be able to jump start the Ute if the crank one dies.  Then i have 2 100 amp deep cycle AGM in the back, running the two fridges, one as a freezer, i wanted to have the fridges independent of everything else, so I've got shitloads of power.  everyone is saying the 250 watt panel is way overkill, but in reality it's not, i worked out the amp draw on the two fridges and If im stationary for a few days i will need the big panel to keep everything how i want it.  My dad also has a sleep apnea machine, and ive worked out i can run his machine off the marine battery for approx 2.5 nights without having to charge.  the solar panel does not supply the marine battery.

oops got sidetracked, i just like talking about what I've done ha ha, attached is the type of bolts i used to mount it

image.png.9afec464383bf319327c2983be50e701.png

On 06/08/2018 at 11:39 PM, KieranR said:

Honestly I just want dad to have a good time, he’ll never get the chance again, I just wanna swim some of my favourite gorges in my budgy’s 😂.  I’ve been up there plenty of times and just love the place

Not sure I want to know about the gorges in your budgies, favourite or otherwise, though I hope you have enjoyable trip all the same.

Edited by Paul Every
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Still a long way to mastering watercolour painting but also trying my hand at Gyotaku ( fish rubbing ) using acrylic inks. Only done a few so far with mixed results. I need to get the technique right and the method to the final detailing when the rice paper is removed.

Also bought a new set of 36 Faber Castell Polychromos pencils....now, they are something else to use. 

Carp.jpg

Sea Bass.jpg

• Like 2

On 23/07/2018 at 2:05 PM, roxii said:

This is what I'm trying now, since I cant do Tri's any more.

37423501_10155868641878403_7325687689699655680_n.jpg

Takes a lot more balance than I assumed. Abs get a hammering first few attempts. Haven't been able to go far enough yet to give the shoulders/ arms/ chest a real workout yet but looking forward to it. 

So since the garage was looking awful empty I picked up another ski cheap on ebay. Bit thinner and longer and a bit trickier to keep upright but I'm managing ok so far. 

IMG_8256.jpg

Banged out a 10k paddle on the weekend. Probably lucky I don't have hair as I reckon the next day I would have struggled to get my arms up to wash it :lol: 

• Like 2

Roxii, my mate does outrigger canoe paddling. Some races up to 25 kms, including paddles out Sydney Heads He loves it. He can still ride his bike but running is very low now due to leg problems. He is probably the fittest I've ever seen him.

FM

4 hours ago, roxii said:

So since the garage was looking awful empty I picked up another ski cheap on ebay. Bit thinner and longer and a bit trickier to keep upright but I'm managing ok so far.

Who will be the person nominated to "store" their skis at your place? :D

Nah with all the bikes and stuff I sold I’m way in front. 

Mrs is sweet on the new hobby  and is pushing me to splash out on a shiny new one. 

24 minutes ago, roxii said:

Nah with all the bikes and stuff I sold I’m way in front. 

Mrs is sweet on the new hobby  and is pushing me to splash out on a shiny new one. 

Just check she hasn't recently insured your life.

4 minutes ago, lawman said:

Just check she hasn't recently insured your life.

If she starts encouraging me to go for a long offshore paddle I might get suss :lol: