Sign in to follow this  
\m/ Moshboy \m/

RBR17

So its not bad enough they are taking insane drops they are throwing in tricks as well. 

What do Freeriders & Triathletes have in common?...............They earn fark all for what they do.

"For years I thought to myself that these guys were getting paid handsomely by Red Bull for their tremendous risks and being taken care of in the event of a severe injury. But after Basagoitia’s accident during the event, riders and dig team members are speaking out (take a gander at the aforementioned hashtag to see for yourself). The truth is that these riders who are putting their lives on the line are getting paid spit and actually have to provide their own insurance for the event, which in Basagoitia’s case may have to cover the cost of this helicopter ride." Angry Single Speeder 19/10/15

http://reviews.mtbr.com/the-angry-singlespeeder-red-bull-rampage-must-change-or-die

Article is from a couple of years ago, so hopefully things may have changed a little since.... 

Edited by \m/ Moshboy \m/

Awesome event again but I thought the unusually high first round scoring made the 2nd round a bit peculiar.  The riders either shelved it due to risk reward or had stacks doing things they didn't originally plan to.  At least there was a 2nd round this year.

That young local that got 3rd was awesome and the frenchie got ripped off in round one so spat it for his 2nd run.

My 12 year old reckons he is saving his pocket money up to shout us there one year to watch.  It will either be 2050 or Perhaps I should up his allowance to 1k per week and go next year 😂

• Like 1