Sign in to follow this  
Go Easy

Upper Murray Challenge

First held in 2003 this is one of Australia oldest and most iconic Multisport races.

It's had a couple of years off but a new organiser has taken over and it will now be held on 4 November 2017.

With a 38km MTB / 26km Paddle / 25km Run it'll be tough, but a great experience.

http://uppermurraychallenge.com.au/race-information/race-overview

There is a 'duo' team option available where they provide a 'stable' sit on kayak and all the paddle equipment so logistically it makes it so much easier for participants.  I'm not worried about 'racing' it, I just want to cruise it for the experience and to say that I've done it.

It's a great value race in a beautiful part of the world.  No time like the present, anyone want to join me?

The 'Duo' entry is about $212 each (bargain) but I'd need to know by earlier Saturday morning (29/10/17) if anyone's keen as I'll need to get other stuff organised if doing it Solo.

PM me or give me a call if you are interested and we can discuss logistics etc.  Like I said above I'm not worried about racing it just enjoying it and giving someone else the opportunity to come along and give this Multisport / Adventure racing thing a go.

(PS - I probably won't check my PM's until tonight, not that I really expect anyone to have the Kahunas to come along and give it a go anyway.)

Hi GE, 

Timing is no good for me this year with my house move, but this is one race that has been on my bucket list for a while.  If you're in the same boat next year reach out

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Timing is no good for me this year with my house move, but this is one race that has been on my bucket list for a while.

No worries.  Timing's not great for me either, but I've already missed 2 (out of 4) of my goal races for this year so I reckon I'll go anyway.  A 'finish' at this one will be a win for me!

If I line up again next year I'll try to remember to let you know.  Either way you won't be on your own, there seems to be a fair crowd who reckon they're gunna do it 'next year'!

One of the few surviving multisport races in Oz! Seems every new one that springs up lasts a few years and is gone. I miss races like the Mars challenge!