I've just got back from a work, random D&A...  I'm normally pretty bad but I've just taken just under 5 hrs and 7 attempts to do my wee test.  Ie. I can run a marathon faster than that.  Does anyone have the same problem?  or, more importantly, any good  tips (don't say drink water/coffee etc. as I can't dilute the sample).

I remember a mate (top semi-pro / AG triathlete and PhD in Exercise Physiology) being tested in Canberra for Sri Chinmoy back in 2000. Drinking too much water when he was dehydrated made his pee-pee was too alkaline for testing. They kept feeding him water and it became too diluted to test .... Best way was to get a hamburger from the fast food van and increase the salt levels to test protocols.

Might work.

He was as clean as a whistle, by the way!

i decided to run one through QML, on a Monday morning. The only ones who couldn't go after about 2 hours were the ones that ended up testing positive.  not saying that is you turtle. 

25 minutes ago, Prince said:

i decided to run one through QML, on a Monday morning. The only ones who couldn't go after about 2 hours were the ones that ended up testing positive.  not saying that is you turtle. 

I think my name says it all... if I was on anything, it definitely aint working!

I work on a remote mine site and I am a volunteer on the mine rescue team. We get to know and become friendly with the nurses on site. I always get stage fright when doing a drug test as the nurse has to "supervise" you doing a wee.

If it makes it any easier, the nurses prob aren't embarrassed .

where i work we get tested all the time which i think is great, I got done 3 times last week!  if our employees cant produce a sample in 90 minutes they are sent home, because our client will not approve the delay card for anything longer than 90 minutes.

Im not sure what action is taken when a sample cannot be produced

40 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

I work on a remote mine site and I am a volunteer on the mine rescue team. We get to know and become friendly with the nurses on site. I always get stage fright when doing a drug test as the nurse has to "supervise" you doing a wee.

I had a nurse once actually say she has to watch the urine leaving my body and into the sample jar.....of the hundreds of other tests ive done the door is just left open, pockets all emptied and they stand at the counter filling in the paper work, when finished, dont flush, give them the jar and wait for the all clear. actually here if we get selected at the front gate to test, we go inside and they just close the door and wait outside for us to finish.

Either way i couldn't care less

Read "Breaking the Chain" if you're ever interested in how the pros of the 60s, 70s and 80s used to submit samples. Micd-boggling!

8 hours ago, Prince said:

Not so at my workplace. Testers always come at 6:30. We have a briefing at 6:20 and the standard is to do a piss before. almost everyone has issues going again. 

The nurses that usually supervise ours turns the tap on slightly if there’s no pee action after about 20 seconds..

12 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Not so at my workplace. Testers always come at 6:30. We have a briefing at 6:20 and the standard is to do a piss before. almost everyone has issues going again. 

I would have hoped at your workplace this wouldnt be an issue.. (people trying to avoid tests I mean...?)

What sort of work do you guys all do? !

What's with the drug testing?

Cranky,

Most jobs that involve heavy machinery or vehicles now have at least the chance of being tested. Some companies take it more seriously than others.

On top of that, any company that now wants to bid on any Commonwealth Government or Defence project is supposed to have a testing process in place for those that work on those projects or go on site. I drive a laptop, yet because of a number of telecommunications projects we work on, they've introduce a testing policy.

I work in an office on a manufacturing site. Our policy is for everyone and was one way to get accepted by the unions is all staff in the company are under the same drug policy. This applies from senior managers to casual staff. 

I work in mining, all mine site staff are breathalysed before every shift and subject to random drug testing. Drug testing is also part of a pre employment medical.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

I think cops should get drug tested daily

I worked with Queensland police, they have a comprehensive testing regime Most other state police forces have the same.