Peter

Ironman to take legal action against Hyundai Kona

then maybe the bike company will sue them, then maybe the island will sue everybody!  I wonder if anyone at Hyundai know what a triathlon is, let alone what the Hawaii IM is?

6 minutes ago, goughy said:

then maybe the bike company will sue them, then maybe the island will sue everybody!  I wonder if anyone at Hyundai know what a triathlon is, let alone what the Hawaii IM is?

I wonder if anyone at Hyundai gives a shit. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I wonder if anyone at Hyundai gives a shit. 

Doubt it

Surely thats bullshit, or at best a PR stunt, Ironman dont own the name Kona. 

Unless Hyundai used the word Ironman in there somewhere they dont have a leg to stand on. 

Don't forget about the H tatts he'll have to get.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, goughy said:

Don't forget about the H tatts he'll have to get.

Then I'll sue him for using my name without permission 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Hope the lawyers are just getting warmed up, about time they went after Dami Im while they've got them uncaged.  Has Dami even done a course in under 13 hours to claim Im as her surname?

• Haha 1

The gloss and excitement of ironman is gone and race numbers are down so ironman and the parent company Wanda need to get money from somewhere. 

Hyundai won't give a shit about this.

I wonder if the car Kona is like the place. Promises so much but comes up short. And do you have to qualify by owning an i30 before you can buy a Kona? 

28 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The gloss and excitement of ironman is gone and race numbers are down so ironman and the parent company Wanda need to get money from somewhere. 

I wonder if the car Kona is like the place. Promises so much but comes up short. And do you have to qualify by owning an i30 before you can buy a Kona? 

Not necessarily. If you've owned at least 12 Hyundais you can own a Kona. Or you can buy one on ebay. Or...

• Like 1

kona

[koh-nuh] /ˈkoʊ nə/

noun
a southwesterly winter wind in Hawaii, often strong and bringing rain.

Good heavens, I'm confused. Are they ripping off a triathlon or the Comic Book hero? I guess they are trying to cover all markets!

http://www.hindustantimes.com/autos/hyundai-unveils-new-compact-suv-kona-to-get-iron-man-special-edition-see-pics/story-J0MlwvdRnO3tv6YwcAH3sN.html

Iron Man edition

Hyundai will also unveil an Iron Man special edition of the Kona, in the name of the Marvel’s superhero.

The Kona’s design is inspired by the strong, armored appearance of the Iron Man suit, with its powerful lines echoing the sensual body of the comic and cinematic hero.

The Kona Iron Man Special Edition is 40mm wider, and gets ornamentations such as LEDs beneath a matt grey hood and 19-inch wheel badged with an Iron Man Mask to mark the special edition.

https://www.motor1.com/news/148263/hyundai-kona-iron-man-edition/

Hyundai is certainly not wasting any time as shortly after introducing the eccentric Kona, the subcompact crossover is already getting the special edition treatment. It takes inspiration from Marvel’s Iron Man and it has actually been subjected to quite a few changes making it look more like a concept.

Keen readers will notice the retractable door handles and the slimmer side mirror caps, but the most obvious modification is represented by the two-tone body finish with a matte grey look and glossy red accents derived from Stark Industries’ armored suit.

10 hours ago, Greyman said:

You can there vis a special interest if you can give a convincing sob story about a self destructing Excel. :whistling:

• Haha 1

I'm surprised Specialized haven't sued IM yet for using the word Transition...

• Like 1

I'm waiting for the lgbtiq community to sue us for referring to ourselves as Trannies!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, goughy said:

I'm waiting for the lgbtiq community to sue us for referring to ourselves as Trannies!

I'm not worried. I've worn a dress.

• Like 1

On 09/10/2017 at 5:35 PM, Greyman said:

Noosa looks like a good source....

On 10/10/2017 at 3:05 AM, The Customer said:

Good heavens, I'm confused. Are they ripping off a triathlon or the Comic Book hero? I guess they are trying to cover all markets!

http://www.hindustantimes.com/autos/hyundai-unveils-new-compact-suv-kona-to-get-iron-man-special-edition-see-pics/story-J0MlwvdRnO3tv6YwcAH3sN.html

Iron Man edition

Hyundai will also unveil an Iron Man special edition of the Kona, in the name of the Marvel’s superhero.

The Kona’s design is inspired by the strong, armored appearance of the Iron Man suit, with its powerful lines echoing the sensual body of the comic and cinematic hero.

The Kona Iron Man Special Edition is 40mm wider, and gets ornamentations such as LEDs beneath a matt grey hood and 19-inch wheel badged with an Iron Man Mask to mark the special edition.

Pics: 

hyundai-kona-iron-man-special-edition.jp

Edited by trifun
  • Confused 1

On 09/10/2017 at 8:00 AM, Peter said:

The kona 

IMG_1096.PNG

What the heck at the weird hairy coloured things around it? 

Are they those car wash sponges, but alive ones?

That seems like the only logical explanation.