skel

Your best concert memorabilia........

Picked this up last night. Signed, limited edition - all monies to save the reef.  $50.  Measures about 60 X 40cm.  Will look awesome framed!!!  Plus also managed to get a song list from the sound guy......  Great night. 

image.jpeg

Edited by skel

2 hours ago, skel said:

Picked this up last night. Signed, limited edition - all monies to save the reef.  $50.  Measures about 60 X 40cm.  Will lol awesome framed!!!  Plus also managed to get a song list from the sound guy......  Great night. 

image.jpeg

can you post the setlist please?

1 hour ago, Parkside said:

can you post the setlist please?

Don't you know about Setlist on the interweb?  - https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/midnight-oil/2017/kuranda-amphitheatre-kuranda-australia-53e38749.html

Redneck Wonderland
Read About It
Stars of Warburton
Jimmy Sharman's Boxers
Concrete
Feeding Frenzy
Stand in Line
My Country
Treaty(Yothu Yindi cover)
Short Memory
US Forces
Kosciusko
Somebody's Trying to Tell Me Something
Arctic World
Warakurna
The Dead Heart
Blue Sky Mine
Don't Wanna Be the One
King of the Mountain
Encore
Beds Are Burning
Power and the Passion
Best of Both Worlds

Sounds like a decent show.

Edited by trinube
  • Like 1

saw em in auckland the other week, awesome. 

you dont realise but you basically know every song they sing... just awesome.  

got tix for the gong, if its anything like auckland, will go off

thinking of going to melbourne to see them with the smith st band. 

Two of the most powerful songs I ever heard live were "Section 5 (Bus to Bondi)" and "Back on the Borderline"  - not on the playlist :(

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Two of the most powerful songs I ever heard live were "Section 5 (Bus to Bondi)" and "Back on the Borderline"  - not on the playlist :(

or run by night. Hoping they will add this plus they will obv play Armistice Day on Nov 11 in the Domain where I shall be seeing them.

• Like 1

Plus a few others, but can't tell you what exactly!!!!  

image.jpeg

My favourite Oils song 'No Time for Games'', pretty much sums up my High School years.  not on the playlist unfortunately.

We're off to see them in Coffs shortly.

Saw the Oils and Killing Heidi in 2001 at ANU after XTerra for the princely sun of $12.00. The mudslide in the middle of the set was free. Awesome gig and great times!

I have a Rob Hirst drumstick from Diesel and Dust tour at Sharks Leagues. also have Hoodoos setlist from the last ever show there last October.

Yurtie could trump us all i reckon. 

I got a shirt signed by mental as anything when they were On the fair star. 

Also plenty of photos of Pete and Reg in our cabin. 

As it happens, I'm wearing my favourite piece - Radio Birdman 2014 tour shirt.

They played the Hi-Fi Bar 3 days after my birthday.

I had the BEST time. 

I remember Pete Garrett asking Pete Costello a question in Parliament and Costello mimicking his dance style in answer. A high point in Australian politics ...

Compared to what we see in politics these days, it was a high point!

Radio Birdman, only got into them a little while ago, when I found old Saints punk stuff.

I really have zero memorabilia from concerts.  Can't think of anything.....  Just memories. 

I'll try and track down a photo of me and Brian Mannix singing on stage together. For those who don't know him, he was the lead singer of the Uncanny X-Men.

FM

• Like 1

Not signed but a limited edition print (#45 of 250) from Tom Petty in Philadelphia on July 29 this year. (It was part of my ticket package)

IMG_1426.JPG

Edited by JeffS
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Flanman said:

I'll try and track down a photo of me and Brian Mannix singing on stage together. For those who don't know him, he was the lead singer of the Uncanny X-Men.

FM

OMG.....I had such a crush on him during my teen years (yes, I am that old).  Seen him a few times on to over the past years.  I wonder what was I thinking.......he hasn't changed. :huh:

My sister has a signed album from when they were doing a signing in the city one time. Yes, we are that old as well.

Took my 8yold to see Lorde at The Hordern Pav a few years back (pre real famous).  Post event I said lets let the crowd go, avoid the rush blah blah.  So we went to the front and checked out the stage set up etc (my kid sings a bit).  A women came up and started talking to us - well my kid mostly.  Long story short - it was Lorde's mum.  5 mins later she has a song sheet signed to my daughter with thanks for coming to your first concert to see me - signed Lorde. 

lol..wonder if she will ever top that 

• Like 1