Peter

Official proof. There is nothing to do in Perth.

14 minutes ago, Stikman said:

Proof was required?

Ha. 

Im always told there is m river. And cotto beach. 

And traffic. And Fremantle dr. 

The media have done an awesome job convincing Aussies that electricity, gas and petrol prices are the most critical issues in their financial lives, when in fact most simply fark themselves by borrowing too much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They are trying to avoid paying all that GST that is propping up the economy in the eastern states.:wink3:

It's funny watching people do that.

My car does about 60km a week. Last time I filled up it was at $1.09. It has since gone up to $1.40, back down to $1.10, back up to $1.40, and currently at $1.27 on its way back down. I'm still at 2/3 of a tank, so will wait another full cycle and get it at the bottom again. 

Even better, my bike uses less fuel.

Now that the weather is warmer and dryer I will be back on my 50cc scooter. $4 to fill up the tank.

26 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

My car does about 60km a week.

Same - I have a car and fill it about every 3 months - I have no idea what the price was last time I did.

3 hours ago, XCOM! said:

Same - I have a car and fill it about every 3 months - I have no idea what the price was last time I did.

Why have a car and pay rego every year not to use it.  

24 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Because I NEED it for those 60km each week. there is no public transport where i live, and some days I have far too much to carry on the bike.

4 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

Now that the weather is warmer and dryer I will be back on my 50cc scooter. $4 to fill up the tank.

Same. I wish it was slightly more expensive as I feel embarrassed when I fill the tank and hand over $3.80

41 minutes ago, Peter said:

Same. I wish it was slightly more expensive as I feel embarrassed when I fill the tank and hand over $3.80

I used to make it a challenge to always fill mine with loose change I scrounged from the coffee table every few months. 

Then I traded it in for  a real bike.   Still only costs < $20 for 300km - but the pushy gets used more often for the work commute. 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I never carry cash and feel guilty using Paypass for $4. Hope there isn't a fixed transaction fee for the retailer.

I still remember as a uni student nearly running out one day & pulling in to the servo at St Lucia. I suppose they were used to it, being so close to the uni, but all I could scrounge from in the ashtray & under the seats was 28c. At least in those days it was nearly a litre, and it got me back home so i could bum some more money off mum to get me through to the next austudy payday.

16 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Elderly parents - needs must.

I'm off to Perth next week.  I'm going to swing past the op shop & buy a parachute tracksuit & globe shoes. That way the locals won't pick on me 

• Haha 1