Sign in to follow this  
Chuckie M

Bladerunner 2049

I saw it yesterday as well, it was definitely a BR sequel, scenery, music etc but I don't think i'd watch it again. It was too long and every 10 minutes someone had tears in their eyes (eyeroll here).

Yes heard it is very long and, whilst there are good action sequences there are long contemplative sections that may not make it everyone's cup of tea but it does get 5 stars from the most pretentious movie critics.  Will see it this week.

Didn't set the box office alight in the US. Made about 1/3 of what wonder woman made in its first weekend. Which actually probably isn't that bad.

On 08/10/2017 at 7:33 PM, goughy said:

Didn't set the box office alight in the US. Made about 1/3 of what wonder woman made in its first weekend. Which actually probably isn't that bad.

The original blade runner wasn't a stellar performer at the box office...

Saw this movie the other day with a bunch of cycling buddies, some of whom know and loved the original and some that had never heard of it and def. not sci fi fans.

Everyone in the group enjoyed it and there were no complaints about the length so probably more of a crowd pleaser t than I first thought.Good acting all round with a particularly evil Jarod Leto in the cast.   Sets, mood and imagery are spectacular - probably makes the movie seem shorter than it is, and the storyline is great with a few curve balls to keep you guessing.