goughy

Saddles???

OK, so this is a bit of a personal thing.  But what's the go with saddles these days?  The guy who did my bike fit seemed a fan of the ISM type saddles.  So what's good in a tri saddle?  Or a roadie saddle?  My roadie saddle is really old (I think original to the bike) and was thinking I could put my current tri saddle on there, and get one of these new fangled ones for my tt bike.  Or I could get a road saddle.  The fitter felt I seemed pretty comfortable on my tri saddle during the fit, but it is about 8 or 9 years old now.  What do you look for, and do you just get and try something and hope it's ok?

I've heard about having them fit your sit bones, so how do you work out what width or type fits you?

I'm gonna look at Wiggle since that's where I have vouchers for.

I love the Fizik Arione wing flex.  But as you say, it's a personal thing

I rode Arione Road for years on both road and tri bikes but was prepared to try something different with the P3.  The bike came with an Adamo ISM which I hated during the fit so traded it in the shop for a Fizik Mystica Wide which I though ok at first but it was too wide (up for sale) but a nice saddle apart from that.  

I tried a Fabric Tri saddle but the edges of the channel annoyed me, so I returned that and ended up with a Specialized Sitero which I really like. Looking at some reviews of the Sitero though, it's definitely a Marmite saddle.

It's a personal thing but overall I've become a fan of the snubbed nose for TT/Tri.

Another votebfor theISM adamo. Prologuw for me, road andbtr.

PS 1.1 on mtb.

Selle smp trk on commute bike gor squishyness

Trisports had some very cheap ex-demo Adamo saddles on their clearance page on their website.

I recently bought the ISM PR 2.0 saddle, based on a ST article. I have had it on my road bike for 5 months and love it. I am about to put it onto my TT bike and see how it is. If you do buy one watch the install videos on the web site as you need to move it back and down, compared to a normal saddle.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Products/Saddles/The_Saddles_You_Are_Choosing_6333.html

Bugger, wiggle don't have ism saddles ATM...

I think saddles are a very individual thing, I had the ISM Adam TT and couldn't stand it. I didn't realise how uncomfortable it was until I sat on a Sitero which is my saddle of choice on my TT bike.

Cobb 55

I just sold my ISM Attack and Road Saddles on Triathlon Marketplace

I had a Cobb and returned it inside their return period. Didn't work for me. Saddles are such a pain in the arse to choose (see what I did there?)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alexholbrook said:

I've always been an ISM fan. I think I have the ISM PN1.1 on the tri bike atm. 

However, I've seen some good talk about this saddle from Fabric . For $90, it's something that you could try that doesn't completely kill the bank account.

I tried a Fabric and found it not very comfortable due to the sharp edge on the channel ( I also found the surface a bit slippery) but lots of folks really like it. It's great value if you get on with it. I think it's a Cannondale brand.

That is the pain with sales eh. They do seem to be a love/hate relationship, and you kinda spend your money and take your chances. It's really my roadie saddle that needs replacing, but thought something a bit special for the TT and stick my TT saddle on my roadie, which is where it started anyway. 

I guess I'm probably not that self aware really, and would use anything and think it was better without realising it was worse. 

44 minutes ago, trinube said:

I had a Cobb and returned it inside their return period. Didn't work for me. Saddles are such a pain in the arse to choose (see what I did there?)

not bad

Don't a lot of lbs have trial saddles that you can use for a bit before you buy. They are normally bright yellow so you don't steal them 

35 minutes ago, Limited said:

Don't a lot of lbs have trial saddles that you can use for a bit before you buy. They are normally bright yellow so you don't steal them 

I've only seen that with the Fizik brand here.

Have a look on the FB bike sell groups. Saddles are very individual people buy them, don't like them and sell them.

1 hour ago, Limited said:

Yeah, but was hoping to buy from wiggle. And I don't like borrowing from someone if I'm not intending to buy from them. And no offence to my local shops, but I doubt options will abound.

I know the guy who did my fit sells them and would send me a demo to try, if I decide to keep it all local'ish

Selle Italia Flite. All bikes. Been using them for 20 years and seem to do the trick for me!