Peter

Jacobs will win kona apparently

Well being one of about three people to tip Macca a few years back, I am basically the closest thing to a Kona champion whisperer this side of the black stump.  

you know when you watch lord of the rings and they say the age of men is over....... well the age of Australians is over.  

I picked both winners that year when other than you, everyone else and of course yoyo wrote them off. 

But I am happy to say macca won't win this year. Either will PJ. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Peter said:

But I am happy to say macca won't win this year.

This is the kind of SCOOP we miss :D

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I picked both winners that year when other than you, everyone else and of course yoyo wrote them off. 

But I am happy to say macca won't win this year. Either will PJ. 

I picked Macca in 2010. Didn't pick Rini because i expected Chrissy to actually start ...

We don't have long to wait to see what the outcome will be - bit over two weeks

5 hours ago, Oompa Loompa said:

you know when you watch lord of the rings and they say the age of men is over....... well the age of Australians is over. 

Crowley is a strong contender for top 3.

1 hour ago, AP said:

We don't have long to wait to see what the outcome will be - bit over two weeks

We know the outcome. 

9 hours ago, Waza said:

Is anyone going to include him in their top 10?

He wouldn't top ten if he raced age group 

I tried to Listen to the interview.  Did Pete say that he does not have power but he knows that his power was going really well and that he is riding really well?  

It all got a bit complicated for me.

When was his last race?

He's tweeting about 3hr rides with 4km brick runs... I'm getting concerned now. Perhaps sticking $500 on him at the TAB was a bad idea?

Untitled.png

Edited by zed
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Infinit Jase said:

I tried to Listen to the interview.  Did Pete say that he does not have power but he knows that his power was going really well and that he is riding really well?  

It all got a bit complicated for me.

Pete changed his mind 4 times in the interview.  

Even he is confused 

5 hours ago, zed said:

When was his last race?

He's tweeting about 3hr rides with 4km brick runs... I'm getting concerned now. Perhaps sticking $500 on him at the TAB was a bad idea?

Untitled.png

Surely he isn't serious 

15 hours ago, ironpo said:

He wouldn't top ten if he raced age group 

Depends on the AG :)

2 hours ago, ironpo said:

Surely he isn't serious 

With two weeks to go, that seems about the right session to do. A 3 hr ergo session in the sweet spot zone is the equivalent of 5hrs on the road. If it feals easy to PJ, that's a good sign ...

Edited by Andrew #1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

With two weeks to go, that seems about the right session to do. A 3 hr ergo session in the sweet spot zone is the equivalent of 5hrs on the road. If it feals easy to PJ, that's a good sign ...

I think the big boys will be doing a bit more than that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ironpo said:

I think the big boys will be doing a bit more than that

My thoughts exactly! 

So what is acceptable for Pete?

50 guys start. 25 are b grade pros. 

Top 12 a good result?

over that and he is just taking the piss still being a professional?

Sure he's probably not gonna win the thing but is keyboard bashing a guy who has won an Ironman World Championships really the level of respect he's come to deserve?  At least he's won the thing and still giving himself a crack and even if he never gets back to 2012 PJ he'll still go down as an IM World Champ which very few people can say!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, BJ7 said:

Sure he's probably not gonna win the thing but is keyboard bashing a guy who has won an Ironman World Championships really the level of respect he's come to deserve?  At least he's won the thing and still giving himself a crack and even if he never gets back to 2012 PJ he'll still go down as an IM World Champ which very few people can say!

Yep, true.

people who comment on PJ though are often disappointed in what “could have been” and despite PJs best efforts, intentions and hopes just hasn’t delivered. 

My 2c (which is actually worth less) is that I think he just needs a hard arse coach like a Matt Koorey. That however is totally dependant in whether  he is fit and well, and I’m sure he would argue that if he was 100% fit and well he could coach himself. 

Either way it has been as frustrating for PJ. As it has been for him s followers, probably more so really as it’s not our livelihood on the line.

whatever happens, good luck PJ. 

6 minutes ago, BJ7 said:

Exactly.

I've been skirting around the edges of the systemic inflammatory issue to fix my knees and other stuff (though unlike Pete, I mostly opted for drugs to knock out the worst symptoms to reach a point where I could then manage it more naturally).  My interweb cycling mate in Santa Cruz did it the deep-diving Pete way - diet & environment - and it now back as strong as ever.

He may sound like he is constantly banging on about it (like me) but that tends to be the nature of this beast.  It's not like a sore achilles where the path forward is pretty black and white.  It is a murky grey area of ups and downs and lots of trial and error.  And the medical world is quite useless and impatient (they'll just tell you to stop doing tris and take up sketching). So you have to figure it out for yourself which means you spend a lot of time in your own head, and talking your way through it internally and externally, and with some questionable fringe dwellers most likely.

I believe the gut connection PJ talks about is very important for some people, which is why I now take a daily probiotic.  Unfortunately, our youngest daughter has also inherited this issue (just like me, in her early 20's, she very suddenly got hit with gut problems), and has been looking at the poo transplant option (and there's whole other potentially expensive underworld medical story in that, which we're working through, involving masters and their apprentices who now appear to be feuding).

Basically however, with these systemic pain/fatigue issues, 99% of the modern medical world will tell you it is stress, or you are getting old, or it is RA.... when in fact it is more a diet/environment/intolerance issue which has caused chronic system inflammation.  The next step is you end up at some Witchdoctors - and that may not be entirely bad, as you might strike one who gets you on the right path - if you can afford the $'s and time.

• Like 1