roxii

Jobs you never knew existed.

In the modern day there are jobs that we couldn’t have imagined 10 years ago let alone a generation ago. 

Some may be essential, others well......

just saw on Facebook someone saying they are an “oil educator” as in essential oils. 

Would love to know the qualifications for that sort of educator. 

Mate of mine is currently in Broome. There's a guy whose job it is to follow behind the camel tours and pick up their shit off the beach.

• Haha 1

Demand planners: these are the planners who work on forecasting so that manufacturing/purchasing make/buy what sales want to sell. One could call it useful, get paid to be wrong. These roles only really came into the food industry and others 10 years ago. Was paid a premium over other similar type analysis roles (20-40%). Spent 10 years doing this. Paid to be wrong. Just like being married and have teenagers in the house, except got paid.

Horse chiropractor.

Though the one I'm thinking of had to shift to from humans horses after a distinguished career of patient fiddling and being banned by the chiro society. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Horse chiropractor.

Though the one I'm thinking of had to shift to from humans horses after a distinguished career of patient fiddling and being banned by the chiro society. 

I hope the owners are keeping an eye on the horses to make sure he's not still up to his old tricks.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

scrum masters

Yep still trying to work out the point of this job.  Seems to me that it only adds another layer of stupidity to the process.

On ‎2017‎/‎09‎/‎24 at 4:55 PM, roxii said:

In the modern day there are jobs that we couldn’t have imagined 10 years ago let alone a generation ago. 

Some may be essential, others well......

just saw on Facebook someone saying they are an “oil educator” as in essential oils. 

Would love to know the qualifications for that sort of educator. 

There is perhaps some sense of irony that this question involves "just saw on Facebook" - social media has been a significant disrupter over the last 10 years.

I remember hearing something on the radio a couple weeks ago. They were talking to a professional Bridesmaid. For a couple thousand, she goes undercover as a bridesmaid and helps you either organise everything for the day, or just keep the others in line. She even comes up with the cover story of how you were good friends years ago and she's only just come back to town.

11 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I remember hearing something on the radio a couple weeks ago. They were talking to a professional Bridesmaid. For a couple thousand, she goes undercover as a bridesmaid and helps you either organise everything for the day, or just keep the others in line. She even comes up with the cover story of how you were good friends years ago and she's only just come back to town.

Hmmm Probably not one for you fit healthy athletic types but for us ex-triathletes...Professional "Drunk Uncle" at the reception.

• Haha 1

On 25/09/2017 at 5:52 AM, ComfortablyNumb said:

Horse chiropractor.

Horse Chiros have been around for donkeys 😂 - l grew up in a country town where racing was a big industry.  The local quack - as he was affectionately known - used to work wonders with nothing more than a tennis ball and broom stick.  Although considering what your associate did I'd be leery of having him near any horse with the latter 😜

1 hour ago, Cat Lady said:

Horse Chiros have been around for donkeys 😂 - l grew up in a country town where racing was a big industry.  The local quack - as he was affectionately known - used to work wonders with nothing more than a tennis ball and broom stick.  Although considering what your associate did I'd be leery of having him near any horse with the latter 😜

He should have gone to jail.  He would have these days.

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Dog psychologists.

My landlord is one or her terms an Animal Behaviourist

The sad thing is all of the people taking the piss on the ironman applications in the past with various job titles are going to be seen as fortune tellers when the jobs they nominated end up becoming reality

I dont know, Im pretty sure my chosen occupation as "chicken sexer" will be automated all too soon. 

2 hours ago, roxii said:

I dont know, Im pretty sure my chosen occupation as "chicken sexer" will be automated all too soon. 

roxii, tell us how you do it. (i know as used to work in the chicken industry) and want to see if

1. reality match imagination

Just now, rory-dognz said:

roxii, tell us how you do it. (i know as used to work in the chicken industry) and want to see if

1. reality match imagination

Candling? 

sorry whats candling, is this using a candle and romantic setting to get the chicks to come of and the bloke to hide in the corner

Just now, roxii said:

Candling? 

I think its actually for seeing if the eggs are a bit fertilised before they go into egg cartons. 

Okay, different.

in meat chickens, you bread a long wing feather male with short feather females (Ross birds)

the chicks wings are inspected and the wing feather length tells the difference ( bit like x & y chromosomes). This is done at the hatchery on day old birds. It is done as the growth rates are different and targeted feed can occur.

On layer (egg producing) birds even more important as the males don't lay so absolutely useless

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Candling is used to check development of a fertile egg. 

Or to slow roast them...

• Like 1