AA7

Lachie's New Bike

I actually thought this was a joke! Massive kudos to him for doing that. Made me chuckle :)

10 hours ago, Peter said:

lachie.jpg

Yeah, you'll do. Showed true trannie spirit to finish on that clunker. Basket and six pack would have been a nice touch! 

• Like 1

I raced over there on the weekend as well. Massive hats off to Lachie. He was more thsn happy to have a chat before & after the race. During the run, even after all of his issues he was still giving me shout outs. Kudos mate, you're the embodiment of "death before DNF" & I can't wait to see you race again. 

• Like 2

TBH I've been less than impressed with some of the lame arse excuses pros give for DNFing. Maybe I'm being overly harsh, but I've always thought that you should exhaust all options before DNFing. Just because you can't get on the podium doesn't mean you should quit. I've always thought of triathlon as paralleling life in a way, how you train/race can play a big part in how you live your life. 

• Like 4

That photo is a Britney Spears drinking Coke or warnie busted smoking moment haha

• Haha 1

Surprisingly didn’t get picked up by the Dimond Facebook page 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, roxii said:

Surprisingly didn’t get picked up by the Dimond Facebook page 

Dimond is full of shit. Rappstar spoke the truth. Dimond doesn't like the truth. They chucked a hissy fit. All was settled behind closed doors. I think that they're lucky that Lachie is Australian and  that we just move on with things fuss free. 

I have no idea why people are happy to pay for a beam bike when there are plenty of other reputable brands out there with good customer service and bloody good bikes. 

I was actually eyeing one for some time, but after that whole Rass lawsuit case, my eyes have turned to Ventum.

Now if only I got the $$$ to splash on one. lol 

17 minutes ago, Supamau said:

my eyes have turned to Ventum.

Get your eyes checked ASAP!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, alexholbrook said:

Dimond is full of shit. Rappstar spoke the truth. Dimond doesn't like the truth. They chucked a hissy fit. All was settled behind closed doors. I think that they're lucky that Lachie is Australian and  that we just move on with things fuss free. 

I have no idea why people are happy to pay for a beam bike when there are plenty of other reputable brands out there with good customer service and bloody good bikes. 

Probably also very lucky the failure wasn’t sudden and catastrophic resulting in injury to Lachie. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alexholbrook said:

Both sides were full of shit and I don't think the 'truth' was ever anywhere  near the same  postcode as that farce with Rapp.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 2

If I was WTC I would offer Lachie a Kona spot and incorporate footage of him riding that bike in the Kona TV package.

That never give up attitude epitomises the Ironman spirit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

If I was WTC I would offer Lachie a Kona spot and incorporate footage of him riding that bike in the Kona TV package.

Kona is the world champs, they can't just give away spots to the holy grail 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

Cept it was at a Challenge race - they're more likely to penalise him for that than give him a spot!  Challenge spirit - challenge spirit ;);) 

Shows a massive heart, and probably good business sense as well. Gotta be good for the reputation (except maybe with 1 sponsor)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Shows a massive heart, and probably good business sense as well. Gotta be good for the reputation (except maybe with 1 sponsor)

Or was this planned.  Lachie is one smart cookie.  This is the perfect FU to a bike sponsor

LEGEND!

absolute gold. 

Some pros, a well know Aussie or 2 included, seem to quit when they are not in contention for the win anymore. This steadfast persistence shows real heart so massive kudos to Lachie.

hard to get aero by the looks on that heap of shite! 18kmh and no water bottle holders ... dang, tough stuff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Or was this planned.  Lachie is one smart cookie.  This is the perfect FU to a bike sponsor

Dimond hasn't got a leg to stand on right now. Maybe Rappstar was right all along. 

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I see it more positive for his other sponsors and future sponsors.

This is a pro that never gives up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alexholbrook said:

Dimond hasn't got a leg to stand on right now. Maybe Rappstar was right all along. 

It isn't relevant whether he was right about the bike. His credibility was in pieces the moment he used the dodgy bike excuse as leverage for terminating his contract and jumping ship to DB.  If he was right about the bike he shouldn't have tried to offload them.

Both parties rolled around in BS to race to the bottom.

• Like 1