Sign in to follow this  
ComfortablyNumb

Double Crash Day

A few weeks ago I misjudged a bunnyhop over a log and copped the dmr vault claws of death in my shin! On Saturday my bars clipped a tree (not going very quick) and off I came. I banged the exact same spot on a rock or log or something and fark me it hurt like a bastard! Took half an hour to stop hurting every time I hit a bump!

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Chookman said:

A few weeks ago I misjudged a bunnyhop over a log and copped the dmr vault claws of death in my shin! On Saturday my bars clipped a tree (not going very quick) and off I came. I banged the exact same spot on a rock or log or something and fark me it hurt like a bastard! Took half an hour to stop hurting every time I hit a bump!

Yeah, I landed on exactly the same spot on my left forearm both times. It kept waking me up that night.  But shins are far worse!

When I was a kid, I'd have jumped straight up without any pain.  Now I have to lie there for a bit to get my bearings back, before I can stand.

Will go back to putting the GoPro on my helmet - too much shake on the bars = get motion sick watching the vid.  I also need to find a better way to stabilise shaky footage.  The Youtube stabilisation seems to reduce the quality a fair bit, and the GoPro Studio editing software has no stabilising facility as far as I can tell?

51 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Will go back to putting the GoPro on my helmet - too much shake on the bars = get motion sick watching the vid.  I also need to find a better way to stabilise shaky footage.  The Youtube stabilisation seems to reduce the quality a fair bit, and the GoPro Studio editing software has no stabilising facility as far as I can tell?

go pro on a chest harness seams the best, that is what my son has found.

on Helmet made helmet unsteady on head, on bars to much vibration

1 hour ago, rory-dognz said:

go pro on a chest harness seams the best, that is what my son has found.

on Helmet made helmet unsteady on head, on bars to much vibration

OK, I've got one of those so will use that.

For fly-fishing I have a head strap, but I must try the chest strap again there too.

2 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

My wife noticed this today. Quite artistic use of colour I thought.

MTB_Bruise.JPG

I'm guessing you don't wear elbow guards? After having broken both elbows (15 years apart) and having them wired back together I always wear them.

28 minutes ago, Chookman said:

I'm guessing you don't wear elbow guards? After having broken both elbows (15 years apart) and having them wired back together I always wear them.

No, but I had been looking into them, and knee guards also.  You are right, I need to invest ASAP!