Flanman

9 Weeks to go

So, it's 9 weeks to go to enjoy a cracker weekend for triathlon in NSW : 27 - 29 October. It will represent the oldest to the newest.

The 36th Nepean Triathlon will be held at the Sydney International Regatta Centre, Penrith. From it's humble beginnings - swimming in the river, riding back roads and main roads then running up those bloody hills. Some of my best memories are from Nepean dating back to the early 90's. I can't remember how many I have done but I think it might be near 10. A fantastic, early season, value-for-money, enjoyable, family-feel event. =>  https://nepeantriathlon.com.au/

To the newest and probably the most interesting race in Oz. The Long Course Weekend in Jervis Bay. One of Emo's babies that hopefully will take off. It has everything here from short to long distance and a dip in the water for those contemplating doing a HIM or IM in 1 day. They can experience as a Team or by themselves over a few days. A great idea from Tenby =>   http://www.lcwjervisbay.com/

I spoke with a few of the LCW mob whilst in Husky this year and was keen to give it a try. Until..... a few months ago, my son entered the Nepean Tri. This will be his 2nd triathlon - his 1st was aged 10 in 1997 whilst we lived in Vanuatu. He wanted me to be involved with him this year. This is family so it's off to Nepean for me again this year (maybe LCW next year). 

A great weekend awaits a lot of triathletes and families from 27 - 29 October. I know we will have a lot of Trannies supporting these 2 fantastic events. I know I will.

Enjoy what NSW/Oz has to offer - racing, fun and triathlon. 

FM

• Like 1

Bugger didn't realise they were the same weekend. 

Wanted to go down and check out LCW, but TNSW have asked me to be at their post race do at Nepean.  (I think Im being asked to talk about social media :lol: ) 

Nepean....one of my favourites....was one of my very first races in 1990 (showing my age) as  a teenager....when it was the real course, the old one....and some guys like Bevan, Bentley, Bennett, Fidler were at the front

have done it a few times over the years, and its always great event....

Why have them both on the same weekend? Seems a bit stupid

Edited by Limited
typo

Limited, Nepean usually allocates early. I would expect LCW date has to fit into the local community and timetable - and this is their 1st trek into this style of races. South coast NSW also caters for differing athletes and location lifestyle. I love Nepean but probably wouldn't need to stay overnight anywhere. I do or would for Husky and LCW.  It is also easier to get to Jervis Bay from Canberra/south NSW.

FM

Edited by Flanman

Can't do either. Alas. Sekrit training in Addis Adaba that weekend.

ps. Does anyone know which pharmacy Mo would visit whenever he had a 'head cold'. Need to know, just in case I get altitude sickness ...

32 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

Can't do either. Alas. Sekrit training in Addis Adaba that weekend.

ps. Does anyone know which pharmacy Mo would visit whenever he had a 'head cold'. Need to know, just in case I get altitude sickness ...

just contact team sky and they will send a jiffy bag

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope both events are a success but really wishing all the best for Emo and his crew. 

• Like 2

Flanman I get all that. It just seems like a mistake for lcw to choose that weekend with Nepean already on. But maybe that was the only weekend available. Just seem to taking competitors off each other. I get they are different companies but it is one community 

I'm planning on doing LCW. Have booked accommodation but have until the 26th September to cancel as I want to see how I feel post Sydney... which is daft as I should just book it in but I'm being a pansey.

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:20 PM, TenPints said:

Decisions, decisions...need to get races in the calendar...

What decision - Nepean is the only decision you need to make.

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:09 AM, Flanman said:

So, it's 9 weeks to go to enjoy a cracker weekend for triathlon in NSW : 27 - 29 October. It will represent the oldest to the newest.

The 36th Nepean Triathlon will be held at the Sydney International Regatta Centre, Penrith. From it's humble beginnings - swimming in the river, riding back roads and main roads then running up those bloody hills. Some of my best memories are from Nepean dating back to the early 90's. I can't remember how many I have done but I think it might be near 10. A fantastic, early season, value-for-money, enjoyable, family-feel event. =>  https://nepeantriathlon.com.au/

I am lining up for my 26th. Very disappointed I have been forced to miss 3.

Edited by IronmanFoz
  • Like 1

Done one Napean not going back.

BUT it is nearly Noosa time!

I'm hoping to get to Nepean* :)

My first one was in 1984  

*being able to swim non stop will be the challenge (still sorting a few issues) - but I've entered. 

• Like 2

On 25/08/2017 at 1:34 PM, Shrek said:

Nepean....one of my favourites....was one of my very first races in 1990 (showing my age) as  a teenager....when it was the real course, the old one....and some guys like Bevan, Bentley, Bennett, Fidler were at the front

have done it a few times over the years, and its always great event....

Just a baby still:)  

The course in 84 was a brute. Run up over Lapstone railway over bridge from memory. Fire trails and along the railway track. I fell. I think it was a 14 k run.

The next year was a bit easier. Still had fire trails I think ...

But they are all hard. That current 10 k flat just screams for a fast pace. And in the swim you don't get the rush from a recently opened dam in the one way river swim (not sure what year that was ). 

22 hours ago, monkie said:

I'm planning on doing LCW. Have booked accommodation but have until the 26th September to cancel as I want to see how I feel post Sydney... which is daft as I should just book it in but I'm being a pansey.

🌻🌼💐🌸⚘🌷🌼🌻🌹🌺🌸💐⚘🌷 ....... yes you are lol

• Like 1

I did Nepean in the mid 80's. Bus to Sydney & back cause I couldn't afford to fly back then. My first "travelling" race, and I learnt a lot (mainly, don't sit in a bus for 11 hours the day before a race). I'd love to go back one day.

• Like 1