Sign in to follow this  
roxii

Coastal Classic, Anyone else???

Good onya mate. 

Nearly freaking killed me last year, but I shouldnt have went in injured and has bitten me in the bum since. 

It's a beautiful course so take in all that is around you throughout the run.

Enjoy the last few km, feeling grateful you don't already have 77km in your legs like in the race's ancestor, the old RNP 50 mile. :devil2:

I got an entry of Facebook yesterday. Really looking forward to doing this run again. This will be the perfect long run training run for Sydney marathon in 3 weeks. 

I’ll have a trannie hat on

• Like 1

Yep, going around again. That 8k run I did last week should see me primed 🙄

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stem said:

Yep, going around again. That 8k run I did last week should see me primed 🙄

And you will probably still do it easy. 

Im still hurting from last year.  :sadwalk:

9 hours ago, roxii said:

And you will probably still do it easy. 

Im still hurting from last year.  :sadwalk:

I've never done it easy, it's a mongrel of a run 😄 A week of excess on a tropical island is not the best preparation. Seeing what it did to you last year should be a warning to me, but I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed 😉

How'd it go? 

This race isn't easy for anyone... Regardless of how fit they are! 

Finished 

Very happy, the goal was sub 4.20(six foot track minimum criteria) I ran 4.17

I had a bike crash last year and spent two months in hospital, I had to relearn how to walk. The physios told me not to run on uneven ground  HA HA look at me now a coastal classic finisher. 

The DOMS feels so good today, I'm on my way back

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Clappers said:

Finished 

I had a bike crash last year and spent two months in hospital, I had to relearn how to walk. The physios told me not to run on uneven ground  HA HA look at me now a coastal classic finisher. 

Well done Clappers especially after what youve been through. I heard it was a hot day which made it that bit harder again. 

Edit to add - and youve qualified for 6ft track, happy days 😎 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Clappers said:

... the goal was sub 4.20(six foot track minimum criteria) I ran 4.17

Now the hard part; 6FT entry lottery.

• Like 1

Finished, at least think I did. The race organisers rang me on the way home as chip hadn’t registered me finishing. I said think finished and safely out of park. The mind was toast for the last 30 odd minutes. 

Great course, the verity is part of what makes it so special. I had a good run overall and am hurting today. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Clappers said:

Finished 

Wow, great work mate. That is an awesome comeback. 

Congratulations to you. 

• Like 1

On 02/09/2018 at 1:23 PM, Clappers said:

Finished 

hope you sent a photo of you finishing to the physios.

• Like 1

On 02/09/2018 at 1:23 PM, Clappers said:

Finished 

geesus mate, we were only chatting 12months ago and you weren't even contemplating running. That's epic and well done! 

Now you get to smash yourself all over again doing 6ft track. Start getting some hills in ;) If you want a buddy or two to do some of the course with we'll be heading up there with the group to do some :)

Thanks willie but I'm not planning 6FT any time soon, heart says yes but quads say NO. I am thinking about going to running wild Kedumba half. 

I wore my tranny hat with pride( TenPints gave it to me in Westmead Hospital)

IMG_1675.PNG

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Clappers said:

Thanks willie but I'm not planning 6FT any time soon, heart says yes but quads say NO. I am thinking about going to running wild Kedumba half. 

IMG_1675.PNG

Thats super cool Clappers. Stories like yours inspire me.

On 05/09/2018 at 3:19 AM, Clappers said:

Mate you can do 6ft if you want to. Trust me, I did it as a 106kg monster. If you do it, I'll come for a run with you and we can suffer together :lol:

• Like 1

I did the first Coastal Classic and like many others, found it disproportionately difficult. Having been on the course recently, with the amount of newish mesh walkways, do recent finishers find it significantly easier? I note the winning times are about 20 minutes quicker, any difference overall for MOP/BOPers.

I did the first and again this year, with none in between.

The board walk probably made it easier, you still couldn't pass so dependent on others. there is still allot of track that is tough (the first bush part, plus lots of rock, beaches), i don't think for a MOP it was any easier, maybe slightly lest technical (from a 9 to an 😎

It is still a great challenge, and for me was no easier, the views are still spectacular. If you are in Sydney this has to be a

On 16/09/2018 at 8:00 PM, rory-dognz said:

I did the first and again this year, with none in between.

The board walk probably made it easier, you still couldn't pass so dependent on others. there is still allot of track that is tough (the first bush part, plus lots of rock, beaches), i don't think for a MOP it was any easier, maybe slightly lest technical (from a 9 to an 😎

It is still a great challenge, and for me was no easier, the views are still spectacular. If you are in Sydney this has to be a

Someone told me it's not a 6-Foot qualifier anymore as they'd made it so easy, yet most who did it this year were reporting it as being harder than UTA50, harder on legs than a marathon etc. Guess it hasn't changed too much then.