Sign in to follow this  
roxii

Coastal Classic, Anyone else???

So, touch wood, it looks like I'm gunna make the start line of the Coastal Classic finally.

My 10 week "Couch to Coastal" programmer has nearly killed me, had me questioning whether I continue running at all, had me injured and visiting a physio for the first time in over 25 years in the sport but it looks like I will get there.  Wont set the race on fire but should finish. 

Anyone else going around?  (although you dont really go around as its a straight line, but you get my drift) 

Could do with a friendly face. 

• Like 1

Looks like a great run.  I would like to have done this one but it clashed with other stuff.  Just take it easy, soak up the atmosphere & the views and enjoy it.  You'll be fine!

In, despite swearing no more last year. CC smashes me every year and I'm more underdone than ever. I will be taking it real easy :lol: 

Cool. Ill be in my Tranny hat, keep an eye out for me. 

I think TGL is doing it too. 

done a few walks over the tracks it covers in recent months with the kids.....beautifull area....

would be amazing place to do an event.....too bad I retired from running... :lol:

3 hours ago, Shrek said:

done a few walks over the tracks it covers in recent months with the kids.....beautifull area....

would be amazing place to do an event.....too bad I retired from running... :lol:

I thought about retiring from running a few times during the training process for this race. 

20 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

Maybe just retire from training instead

I think that was what had inadvertently happened :lol: 

12 hours ago, roxii said:

Cool. Ill be in my Tranny hat, keep an eye out for me. 

I think TGL is doing it too. 

See you there, although I'm surprised TGL is doing it, I thought he was smarter than that :lol: 

8 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Maybe just retire from training instead

I suspect that's why 'races' keep smashing me!

done the last section out to Jibbon Roxii? did my head in thinking I was home and hosed then another 3 or 4 km of sandy tree roots, sloping beach at the very end. If its a nice day you'll have to contend with wedding photographers, NESB "hikers", selfie takers and all manner of flotsam and jetsam from wattamolla onwards.

Enjoy.

:lol: after about 10k I'll be in no mood for pleasantries and manners will be in short supply. Anyone getting between me and the finish line will get a crude interpretation of the now banned shoulder charge, or a big dont argue to go on with. 

Question for those who have done this previously.

Do I need to carry any food or are there enough previsions at the aid stations? 

I'm not fussy as to brands etc as I have a pretty cast iron stomach and have always been able to race with on course nutrition provided they don't serve raw chicken or Vegemite I can keep almost anything down. 

So do I need to carry an emergency gel or food or just wing it at the aid stations. 

I reckon just take a few gels with you from the start. Pretty sure they had tailwind on course, just need your own bottle of cup to put it in I think (I just took a soft water bottle with me and 3 gels in my pocket). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, willie said:

I reckon just take a few gels with you from the start. Pretty sure they had tailwind on course, just need your own bottle of cup to put it in I think (I just took a soft water bottle with me and 3 gels in my pocket). 

Thanks this is pretty much my plan.

you're set. It's going to be a bit easier this year, they've done a lot of work on the track the past 12 months. 

6 hours ago, willie said:

you're set. It's going to be a bit easier this year, they've done a lot of work on the track the past 12 months. 

I hope it includes escalators  

:oops:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roxii said:

IMG_6940.JPGDo you want salt with that

So you took a dip at the end of the run to cool off while still wearing your fabulous tranny cap or ..... ?😉

It was a wonderful stroll along a magically scenic coast with perfect weather and great company. That's how I'm choosing to remember it anyway :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've just entered this year 2018,and done my first training run. It feels really good to be doing a training run and not just exercising

• Like 1