Ex-Hasbeen

Is there a Plasterer in the house?

Ex-Hasbeen    3,792

I've done a number of small repairs to dents & holes in gyprock walls, but I've got a bigger one that I need to do now. The west facing wall of the garage has a crack nearly the full length of it where the 2 sheets meet. It's as if the original plasterer never taped the 2 sheets when the wall went up. I figure to fix this it will need to be taped. Is there a Trannie here that is accomplished at this type of work, and can offer advice?

Thanks

goughy    1,993

I built and plastered up the walk in in our last house - based on it I wouldn't listen to a thing I said!

• Like 1

trinube    1,048

If there's one in Sydney I could use one for a small job as well - seems to be near impossible to snag someone for anything other than a full house sheeting.

trinube    1,048

Did HIPages and got absolutely nothing. Currently building a granny flat and have had the phone ring off the hook with all the other trades.

Cat Lady    287
15 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Them woodworkers must have a raunchy old time. Access restricted through work. Only the second site I've ever had that for.

it was an awesome site back when I was in my home handy person phase.  covered everything I wanted to know: plastering, windows, painting - especially the plastering section.  One of the guys who posted there was a plaster and was extremely helpful with my endless questions. 

Ex-Hasbeen    3,792
On 8/13/2017 at 7:36 PM, Cat Lady said:

This is a pretty good place for what you want

http://www.woodworkforums.com/f79

I finally logged off work & took a look. Exactly what I needed (though looks like a bit more work than I wanted). Thanks heaps Cat lady.

This should test my "handymanness".