Sign in to follow this  
roxii

Zwift Academy expanding to men's pro cycling

The Zwift Academy had a successful year as a talent ID program for professional women's cycling in 2016, awarding a pro World Tour contract to the top successful graduate. Now it's expanded to include men's pro cycling as well with a partnership with Team Dimension Data. Top grads of the Academy under 22 years old will battle it out for a pro contract on the Team Dimension Data Continental Squad for 2018.

za-teamdd-1.jpg

There's a significant charitable component as well, with at least 500 bikes being donated to rural African communities to mobilize them towards key resources like food, water, jobs, healthcare, and education.

za-teamdd-6.jpg

Plus, it's just a great fitness program for everyone now. It's practically a guarantee that every successful participant's going to come out fitter and faster.

Enrollment for the Team Dimension Data | Zwift Academy is now officially open at academy.zwift.com/zam2017. 

I was reading the story of the woman that won this last year. She was way out of her depth by all accounts.  I think it's one thing to produce power on what is essentially a video game, and quite another to pin a number and get in a real race.  

Im reminded of the boxing quote. " Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face".

I notice Zwift are now asking for existing race experience to go along with the virtual comp.