Oompa Loompa

the 2017/18 financial year cost of pool swimming

9 hours ago, Paul Every said:

That would be covered by the admission charges.

Yep

9 hours ago, Paul Every said:

Nearly all my training has been in the ocean this year, however I do visit Rockhampton once or twice a year and the Memorial Pool on the south side is brilliant.

It was refurbished to competition standard a few years back to provide a winter training base for southerners competing at major events. Not sure how often that happens though.

9 lane, 50 metre outdoor with full roof to protect from the sun. An outdoor 25 metre, indoor play pool and outdoor splash/fountain/play area all keep those not swimming laps out of the main pool. I'm not sure I've ever had to share a lane for more than about 10 minutes. Immaculately clean, hot showers, etc, all for just $2.

$2 

thats amazing ? 

3 hours ago, Triatx said:

New Pool recently opened at Cockburn in Perth

Not sure I'd be rushing to swim in a pool that was Called

COCKburn  pool

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paul Every said:

IP is tough.

He doesn't heat it. He just shatters the ice with his fist and swims through winter..........

Naked. :o

Well I do swim naked 

YES

3 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

What's the break down of the $100 - chemicals, electricity, water etc, I assume this is for it to be heated as well?  We're looking at adding a pool and the option of going a smaller one with the EP or I can get a lane put in

Just power , it uses practically no chemicals 

Far cheaper to run than a lap pool and u can afford to heat it all year round (warmer months with the solar) 

i know your in qld but the big value to the EP is the year round use 

Atmosphere Penrith, paying $55 a fortnight for access to a 50m indoor pool, gym, aerobics, swim squads, and as many ergvideo bike sessions as I can fit in.

Not sure about the local pools - Ripples in St Marys seems to have a lot of "chockitos" from what I see on facebook. Not going near it!

23 minutes ago, ironpo said:

Well I do swim naked 

YES

Jesus, that mirror freaked me out enough with a wettie on, let alone nekid! :o

• Haha 1

I have a work heated indoor 25m which is free, the town pool in Orange is $55/10 pass (heated indoor 25 and heated outdoor 50m), we also OWS rural style in 2 of the dams around bouys which is free.

Edited by Slunnie

10 hours ago, Paul Every said:

Nearly all my training has been in the ocean this year, however I do visit Rockhampton once or twice a year and the Memorial Pool

Hey Paul, what is the Hornsby pool like these days? Is that still a cold outdoor 50m?

No-one else on the Fitness Passport gig?  Was $21.90 p/fn for me and covered every pool plus a heap of gyms within 60kms including squads at the Uni.  

Bumped it to family at $37.90 p/fn and now covers 4 of us which has 28 pool entries per month for my daughters squad as well as me.  

I am getting about $108 worth of swim value per fortnight plus my wife gets about 5 gym classes too.  I think I am winning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

No-one else on the Fitness Passport gig?  Was $21.90 p/fn for me and covered every pool plus a heap of gyms within 60kms including squads at the Uni.  

Bumped it to family at $37.90 p/fn and now covers 4 of us which has 28 pool entries per month for my daughters squad as well as me.  

I am getting about $108 worth of swim value per fortnight plus my wife gets about 5 gym classes too.  I think I am winning.

I am fitness passport through my government job. $21.00 A fortnight unlimited entry. 

£900 / annum for use of a pool and gym (unlimited classes) and access in the centre of London. It's a 25m, reasonably chlorinated, brand new change rooms (thank you Sir Richard Branson) and not that busy. However, every session requires a couple of laps of fly to clear out the Wombles and make it regulation.

As a side note, a mate of mine got free swimming in Manhattan when he was there. It was at a Jewish School on the Upper East. He did a deal where they gave him a key and he could use from 0430 - 0600, but as payback, they required him to teach swimming to the kids after that. Completely free on Saturdays!!!

Some of the country Victorian pools are run the same way.... volunteer for a bit and get reduced entry costs. Look into it.

At our local council pool, $6 ($5 for me), casual entry. Outdoor 50mtr pool closed about 4 or 5 months of the year. As far as I know, it's the only 50mtr pool for our whole region...

9 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Some of the country Victorian pools are run the same way.... volunteer for a bit and get reduced entry costs. Look into it.

When I was working in Childers a number of years back I knew the local PE teacher from the school. He organised me a key to the pool if I helped him with his riding. Good bargain.

$5.5 entry casual at QUT. $12.50 for trained squad. 

I have a gym/bike locker/pool deal - $37 a fortnight (claimable on private health too) for unlimited pool. Which is OK at the mo as I swim nearly every day. 

On 8/1/2017 at 8:34 PM, Slunnie said:

Hey Paul, what is the Hornsby pool like these days? Is that still a cold outdoor 50m?

The old Hornsby pool was completely redeveloped about 3 or 4 years ago. The usual "Leisure Centre" revamp with a gym, the small/kiddie pools indoor and an outdoor 50m.

Where the old grandstand stood is now glass paneling running the length of the pool deck with views over the bushland valley. They have done a pretty good job.

From memory $120 for 20 swims, about $7 casual.

• Like 1

Fraser Coast council just dropped (yes lowered!) the prices at HerveyBay & Maryborough aquatic centers. (Pitty I already have a season ticket ( but I did get the student discount :) & it works in both cities  :) ).

Maryborough would have to be one of the top pools in regional Qld - 50m is solar heated to 24deg, 25m gas to about 28 + indoor therapy pool, individual changing room s with hot showers/toilet/basin - think having a shave after a morning swim). This time of year I often have to put up with having one or two other people in the 50 at the same time but sometimes I get it all to myself!

FAMILY (2A + 3C) ADULT CHILD (3 AND OVER) PENSIONER/
CONCESSION
SPECTATOR CARER  CERTIFIED REHABILITATION
Single entry $12.50 $4.00 $3.00 $3.00 $2.00 $1.50 $3.00
20 entry pass $200.00 $64.00 $48.00 $48.00     $48.00
Season pass half year $325.00 $166.50 $125.000 $125.00     $125.00
Season pass full year $520.00 $291.00 $219.00 $219.00     $219.00
Edited by trifun
  • Like 1

41.50 per ftnight at the Fitzroy (Melb) outdoor with gym membership and probably a few classes included.  Thats for us dignified 50+ so a bit like a senior citz card :(  Heated and outdoor 50m

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:05 PM, rory-dognz said:

West Pymble was $6.80 i think last time i swam. Great pool choice of indoor or outdoor

Can be cheaper with a concession i think, but i don't swim often so happy with pay by the swim

now $7 :( 

See you there? :)

I mentioned in another thread that my pool was closed whilst new management took over after the school went to tender for new management. Well, it opened today & I dropped in to find out about squads, times & costs.

Up till last week, I had paid $150 for unlimited access for the initial 11 weeks of the season, and 3 x squad sessions per week. I asked today, and they start squad on Monday, but have no Multi-passes, so it's $15 per session.

I think I'm going to be seeing a lot more of the dam for a while.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

bargain basement up here. Free entry across the shire. Its the worst thing to ever happen as it has bought out every drug ****ed idiot that cant follow rules, cant swim, doesnt bath...My last season at my pool was the worst I encountered in 11 seasons of managing that pool. Glad to be done with it. My bet is there will be a drowning in one of the pools in the shire before years end 2018. My pool is in it's second season of being free, the other pools come on board on January 1. I could go on for days about this.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Ronnie said:

bargain basement up here. Free entry across the shire. Its the worst thing to ever happen as it has bought out every drug ****ed idiot that cant follow rules, cant swim, doesnt bath...My last season at my pool was the worst I encountered in 11 seasons of managing that pool. Glad to be done with it. My bet is there will be a drowning in one of the pools in the shire before years end 2018. My pool is in it's second season of being free, the other pools come on board on January 1. I could go on for days about this.

It's interesting to see the other side of it.

My council has a great pool and I've always thought that rate payers should get in free or at least with a 50% discount.  

I should get paid for swimming there some days I pull out so much rubbish.  And always at least one bandaide. 

I've done 355, 342m this year. Mostly in the pool. 

$5.60 per swim. 

Usually twice a week. Sometimes 4 times a week. 

It has been a manageable cost. I don't mind really. 

How many kms is that? I am too tired to calculate it. 

Edited by FFF1077
Left out details

11 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

I've done 355, 342m this year. Mostly in the pool. 

$5.60 per swim. 

Usually twice a week. Sometimes 4 times a week. 

It has been a manageable cost. I don't mind really. 

How many kms is that? I am too tired to calculate it. 

Just make ur comma a decimal point. So 355.342 km

• Thanks 1