IronmanFoz

Running Shorts

Am looking for info on where to find decent running shorts. Something a little bit more modern than what would have been normal over the last 10-30 years. Not looking for anything like a cycle short etc. This is just for casual running.

I love my Nike Shorts. I have two versions. One with the "tight" inners and one that are a lot looser... I prefer the looser ones. You are paying for a brand a bit though...

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Lululemon

Their women's speed shorts are excellent BTW so I trust the men's are good too.

Edited by The Customer

On 7/29/2017 at 11:10 PM, Ironnerd said:

Whatever brand you get make sure that they have a zipped pocket for key/card.

And make sure this pocket is big enough for said card, if you need it to hold a card...

Silly question but.....I've always run wearing tri shorts. Are running shorts similar to try shorts without a chamois? What stops chafing and feeling uncomfortable once your undies are soaked?

35 minutes ago, softy said:

Silly question but.....I've always run wearing tri shorts. Are running shorts similar to try shorts without a chamois? What stops chafing and feeling uncomfortable once your undies are soaked?

Yeah im like you, have always worn tri shorts, ive got fat legs, chaf easily and constantly feel like i have to pull out a wedgie if i run in shorts. 

1 hour ago, KieranR said:

Yeah im like you, have always worn tri shorts, ive got fat legs, chaf easily and constantly feel like i have to pull out a wedgie if i run in shorts. 

This is why I usually wear quad sized 2XU compression tighters under my shorts. Prevents chafing. 

6 hours ago, softy said:

Don't wear jocks.  

Never have had an issue if not wearing jocks in any shorts even when living in the tropics and I'm not a skinny build.

And I live in the hope of a double benefit that the lack of support while running will make everything bigger.

Do yourself a favor and get yourself a Fusion shorts and tights, I have many pairs, and have not used another brand since I got them. Just a simple functional running shorts and tights.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:37 PM, The Customer said:

Their women's speed shorts are excellent BTW so I trust the men's are good too.

My partner loves their products. He bought another new pair on weekend, lycra lining with running short on top.  new version is lighter  material on outer, which is better for warmer climates.

Women's lulu stuff - not overly fussed with.  Tops are too big for me (being a smaller frame).  Under Armour for top / skins or 2XU for shorts for me.

19 hours ago, dazmuzza said:

These look interesting. Are they available in any shops? Or online only?

Online only mate

i wear Asics available off wiggle - about $60 when not on sale - i've had a few pairs and generally last me 2-3 year of 3 runs a week.  Shorts are short and pocket is big enough to fit a phone (or access card) in if you want to listen to some music.

The Fusion shorts are more like Knicks without the chamois and why is everything black.......... Got any blacker!!!!!

9 hours ago, Niseko said:

The DeSoto Tuesday Run short are the best I've found. 

These might be great for running on Tuesdays, but what do you use for running on the other days of the week? :huh:.

• Thanks 1

Figure I’ll revamp this one, but it’s not shorts, I’m after running singlets, my current 3-4 singlets I use became unusable in the Kimberley the last couple of weeks, no sports stores here to try so am after recommendations on some online options / brands

thanks

56 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Figure I’ll revamp this one, but it’s not shorts, I’m after running singlets, my current 3-4 singlets I use became unusable in the Kimberley the last couple of weeks, no sports stores here to try so am after recommendations on some online options / brands

thanks

Surely one should only train in race t-shirts? Preferably IM... 😛

• Haha 1

thanks

Are the singlets for winter? Summer would just be budgies wouldn't it?

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

1 minute ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Sorry mate, you're right. I stand corrected ;)

Slightly contrary opinion from me... I love the stuff from Decathlon - cheap as chips and I can't tell the difference between their stuff and say lululemon which costs about 5 times as much!

40 minutes ago, AJS said:

Slightly contrary opinion from me... I love the stuff from Decathlon - cheap as chips and I can't tell the difference between their stuff and say lululemon which costs about 5 times as much!

Agree - Ive found Decathlon stuff comfy & cheap too

52 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

My wife has asked me to cover up at least my nipples when I run, which means atleast one singlet is needed, she’s lost the battle with the budgy’s 😂 talk about budgy’s hopefully these land in my mailbox soon 😂

B456F346-3BF8-4B95-A29D-423A5E1664C6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, AJS said:

Thanks for that, I’ll have a look