Niseko

Meat and Water Diet Study

1 hour ago, monkie said:

It's an interesting angle and I love learning about what makes other people tick. To be honest I find it baffling that your sense of masculinity is so attached to diet if I try and frame it using my world view but as I said, each to their own and it's interesting to learn how other people judge things.

Tallahassee liked eating twinkies...

2 hours ago, Niseko said:

All men need to have our softer side and harder side. 

Eating meat is on the harder side.

Eating plants, not so much. 

Image result for real men don't eat quiche

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, trilobite said:

Come to think of it, zombies are exclusively carnivorous...

Yep and they are bulletproof. 

2 hours ago, Niseko said:

Yep and they are bulletproof. 

I confess to getting confused about which zombie depictions are more accurate (eg Night of the Living Dead, Warm Bodies, World War Z, Resident Evil, to name but a few).

But it did seem clear that Woody Harrelson f$&ked their $hit up.

Edited by trilobite
Typo
  • Like 1

Not certain about strict meat and water, meat eating certainly contributed to larger brains, being smarter and evolving to being where we are today as a species.

There are studies which link excessive meat eating to bowel cancer, so not sure we want that. My question is more simple:

I want to get sugary rubbish out the house, I try to give the kids eggs, bacon, avocado and or fruit/yogurt to start the day. My wife gets on at me for this saying why do you have to do that. They don't need it.

The in law when she attempts to helps offers to bring Mc Donalds, I said thanks but no thanks as I want to feed them healthy food. She then had a melt down about "what else can I do" I said lots of things incluidng almost anything else or not doing it all.

I am being made to feel guilty for trying to feed my kids good food. I pointed out that it takes 5 minutes to scramble some eggs, to which they say its bad for them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rocket Salad said:

Late to the thread. Can someone some it up?

Anything that you thought was good for you growing up isn't and all the things you were told to stay away from are actually good for you.  Bottom line is that there is one giant conspiracy theory going on.  Oh, and nutritionists are part of the conspiracy and, given a few years, it will all change back again!  I think the only thing people actually agree on is that sugar is bad for you but that doesn't stop anyone eating (or drinking) it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

Not certain about strict meat and water, meat eating certainly contributed to larger brains, being smarter and evolving to being where we are today as a species.

There are studies which link excessive meat eating to bowel cancer, so not sure we want that. My question is more simple:

I want to get sugary rubbish out the house, I try to give the kids eggs, bacon, avocado and or fruit/yogurt to start the day. My wife gets on at me for this saying why do you have to do that. They don't need it.

The in law when she attempts to helps offers to bring Mc Donalds, I said thanks but no thanks as I want to feed them healthy food. She then had a melt down about "what else can I do" I said lots of things incluidng almost anything else or not doing it all.

I am being made to feel guilty for trying to feed my kids good food. I pointed out that it takes 5 minutes to scramble some eggs, to which they say its bad for them.

I am not sure people are smarter today.  One thing I know people are lazier today.  

By Niseko rules Maccas is ok just eat the pattie nothing else.  KFC great just pull of the coating.  

Will we see beef gels, meat infused sports drinks.  Meat milk.  😂😂😂

There are studies linking the eating of meat to growth in brain size and body size. Of course there are studies showing we will die from bowel cancer.

Not sure I would eat pure meat and water either, we look to be highly evolved omnivores adapting to the supply in our environment. In this period of extreme wealth where we control the food supply to an extent (well relatively wealthy westerners) we are not constrained by supply of meat or vege, so there is a risk that we are over consuming.

"Will we see beef gels, meat infused sports drinks.  Meat milk.  😂😂😂"

We laugh at it but about five years ago I tried an experiment - instead of taking my normal liquid food and sports drinks on a five hour ride - I made a beef broth from beef bones - gin-seng root - onions - garlic and chilli - with sea salt - (tasted good) - I strained it and filled three x 750ml bottles with it and did the 5hrs with nothing else - didn't get hungry - didn't run out of legs - ran 20min off the bike

Only problem was getting the taste out of the drink bottles - I had to bleach them :huh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, truck said:

Anything that you thought was good for you growing up isn't and all the things you were told to stay away from are actually good for you.

I think this depends on when you grew up. When I was a kid we had porridge for breakfast, ate meat and three veg cooked in butter or dripping for dinner, drank water, 'junk' food hadn't made it to Australia yet and it was very rare to have lollies or soft drink. We had milk at school and had an apple or orange if we wanted a snack.

I reckon if most people did this they'd be a lot healthier than being on the high carb, high wheat, low fat regime that's been promoted for the past 20 years.

Edited by trinube
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, truck said:

Anything that you thought was good for you growing up isn't and all the things you were told to stay away from are actually good for you. 

Depends on your age. If you are >50, then other than cornflakes for breakfast, you probably ate pretty well.

A different swing on the Nutritional Conspiracy Theory.

On 10/09/2017 at 10:07 AM, BarryBevan said:

The link between bowel cancer and processed meat is very tenuous but has gathered so much momentum amongst groups looking to paint meat as the villain (including W.H.O) that it's treated as a truism.

There was a study showing people who ate more processed meat had 6/100 incidence of bowel cancer and people who didn't had 5/100. So instead of saying there was 1% difference they say, 1/5 =20% so the headline reads PROCESSED MEAT EATERS HAVE 20% INCREASE IN BOWEL CANCER!!

And I feel for you with trying to feed your kids healthy against pressure. People just don't understand how important it is in the developing years. We can thanks the poor public health information in our generation.

10 hours ago, Merv said:

Probably not the diet for people with haemochromatosis.

Yes am aware of that and it had given me some pause but am monitoring with my Doc and she said it should be OK as avoiding plants keep the vitamin C input low and stops the iron being aboded too much. Am monitoring the Fe, fasting glucose and ketones.

17 hours ago, Ruley said:

Busted a septuagenarian keith richards eating chips a Mooloolaba on the weekend. 

IMG_20170910_114856735.jpg

How'd the young fella go ?

Didn't start - too tired - ate chips and watched my mates instead - I've been too much manual work lately - feel like I have done the Ultraman last week - I'll be back :lol::wheelchair:

• Like 1

Having just spent 2 weeks in the USA, I'll be doing the opposite to what the USA FDA recommends. Obesity there is just off the scale. The smallest pizza I could find was a 12" and big enough to feed a family of 4. So sad to see kids waddling around, barely able to walk because of their size :-( The whole foods supermarkets were truly  "awesome" but so expensive and everything was sold in super-sized portions. Give me the French/Italian life any day.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, AP said:

Didn't start - too tired - ate chips and watched my mates instead - I've been too much manual work lately - feel like I have done the Ultraman last week - I'll be back :lol::wheelchair:

To quote Arnold in the last terminator film "Old. Not obsolete."

Are you allowed to have BBQ sauce with your meat? Some of the sauces and relishes are what really make meat taste so good without them this diet may be as boring as low fat vegetarian! Imagine ribs without any sauce.

Edited by Slowman

On 13/09/2017 at 12:38 PM, Slowman said:

Are you allowed to have BBQ sauce with your meat? Some of the sauces and relishes are what really make meat taste so good without them this diet may be as boring as low fat vegetarian! Imagine ribs without any sauce.

Not supposed to, but I have been sneaking some low sugar tomato sauce on my patties (4 for breakfast everyday). 

Steaks don't require much, maybe I have a scrape of mustard here or there. Agreed on ribs, slated and slow cooked still good without sauce, but most sauce is so high in sugar....