Niseko

Meat and Water Diet Study

On 10/10/2017 at 2:51 PM, Niseko said:

People should just be aware that they can eat as much meat as they want and it will only improve their health. 

What about other meats, like pork? Love a roast pork.

and what about quality of meat ... I expect you pursue free range, grass fed, which as I understand it has less animal stress related cortisol and more good omega 3 than 6 fats.

also, will you test out your endurance capacity under this new gig, or is it more short term?

i had risotto last night and only managed a paltry 1:45 pace in the rower. Need more meat I'm thinking

Knew a family in my youth, only ever ate meat and dessert. No veg, fruit, cereal, breads ... I always said "they're gonna die of heart disease". Well they didn't. Both parents are still alive and have outlived mine, 3 strapping sons, 1 swam for Australia.

and Sami Inkinen, who you guys all probably know, is a fascination. not purely meat, but an amazing low carb exponent. Age group winner in Kona and rowed the pacific on meat and nuts.

6 hours ago, The Customer said:

If you deny yourself eating plants, you are going against nature.

If people deny themselves meat they are going against nature. We can eet 99% of animal products and they will sustain us well, but we can eat less than 1% of plant products.

The ruminants turn the plants and remove all the toxins for us and transform them into food that is healthy for us (their bodies). If we take those plant foods directly we aren't very good at removing those toxins.

Edited by Niseko

1 hour ago, Charlesn said:

What about other meats, like pork? Love a roast pork.

and what about quality of meat ... I expect you pursue free range, grass fed, which as I understand it has less animal stress related cortisol and more good omega 3 than 6 fats.

also, will you test out your endurance capacity under this new gig, or is it more short term?

i had risotto last night and only managed a paltry 1:45 pace in the rower. Need more meat I'm thinking

Knew a family in my youth, only ever ate meat and dessert. No veg, fruit, cereal, breads ... I always said "they're gonna die of heart disease". Well they didn't. Both parents are still alive and have outlived mine, 3 strapping sons, 1 swam for Australia.

and Sami Inkinen, who you guys all probably know, is a fascination. not purely meat, but an amazing low carb exponent. Age group winner in Kona and rowed the pacific on meat and nuts.

All animal products are the most nutritious for humans. Personally I have fallen big time for beef, and more specifically rib-eye (scotch fillet in Aus) and T bone steaks. The tomohawk rib eye is a thing of absolute beauty. But any product from an animal will be better for you than any plant product. Butter is more nutritious than broccoli IMO. Pork is great food, as is fish, etc.

I'm pretty much retired from endurance sports now, so can't comment on that. But can hold 1.25 on a Concept 2 for 1min without too much problem. Am lifting heavier and heavier weights.

I love grain finished steak, and don't think there is much different in health benefits between grass fed and grain fed, provided they are hormone free. 

We've all been force fed the mantra about vegetables being the most healthy food for us, but if that is the case why do almost all children dislike vegetables, but love meat? Because they haven't been fed the bad information that we have. And they know what is good food and what isn't.

Also read Crowie bagging vegetables, apparently he never eats them.

Edited by Niseko

This guy has eaten nothing but meat for 20 years. And his 2 children have eaten 99% meat their entire lives. He is in his mid 50's and does no exercise to speak of.

There have been a few article on him and his family but he received such hate from the vegetarian community he has worked hard to get them all taken down. People lose their brains over this stuff when confronted with information that is so contrary to what they believe in so strongly.

IMG_5668.JPG

Edited by Niseko

13 hours ago, Niseko said:

50 years old and only eaten meat and drink water for past 12 months. No supplements, vitamins, hormones or steroids. 

That body wasn't built in the last 12 months 

Just shows that his current diet (for the last 12 months) hasn't affected the body built on a diet from the 49 years prior.

*Disclaimer - Not pro anything other than I think sugar carbs are bad mkay.

• Like 2

My wife is 55yrs and I am 66yrs in that photo - we eat a diet low in wheat - very low in sugar - and 50-60% vegetables - we have protein at every meal (meat - fish - chicken) - and neither of us could face a diet of meat only - it's too extreme to stick at long term :huh:

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AP said:

My wife is 55yrs and I am 66yrs in that photo - we eat a diet low in wheat - very low in sugar - and 50-60% vegetables - we have protein at every meal (meat - fish - chicken) - and neither of us could face a diet of meat only - it's too extreme to stick at long term :huh:

But you have weird growths on your head

1 minute ago, AA7 said:

But you have weird growths on your head

Her glass is half full, AP's is fcuking empty!!  :lol: 

• Haha 1

Yes I sort of agree it's pretty full on to stick to long term. I think the same for vegetarianism and veganism too. Just find it a bit strange that vegetarianism is sharply rising and meat consumption is in sharp decline.

IMG_5646.JPG

I think that's a bit like global warming being sold as a human created problem - the media have been selling meat consumption as a health risk - yet it's one of the easiest ways to treat another of modern man's major problems -ADHD - if kids are given high protein meals three times a day whether it's meat or eggs their blood sugar levels remain far more stable and as a result their behaviour is much more stable negating the need for the drugs so many have been put on. 

Personally I think sugar consumption and stress are far more of a risk to long term health than meat ever will be :huh: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AP said:

another of modern man's major problems -ADHD

And there's another myth. In a great number of these cases, the kids are just going through sugar highs & lows. Give them a more stable metabolism, and all of a sudden they aren't exploding out of their skins at the wrong time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Niseko said:

Yes I sort of agree it's pretty full on to stick to long term. I think the same for vegetarianism and veganism too. Just find it a bit strange that vegetarianism is sharply rising and meat consumption is in sharp decline.

IMG_5646.JPG

Whilst the trend is downwards, doing the maths that is still 230g per person per day consumption of meat.  Thats also double the recommended daily intake of meat from the US FDA.  Haven't measured it but would guess I'd be in the 150-200g per day range.

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

And there's another myth. In a great number of these cases, the kids are just going through sugar highs & lows. Give them a more stable metabolism, and all of a sudden they aren't exploding out of their skins at the wrong time.

Correct

1 hour ago, truck said:

Whilst the trend is downwards, doing the maths that is still 230g per person per day consumption of meat.  Thats also double the recommended daily intake of meat from the US FDA.  Haven't measured it but would guess I'd be in the 150-200g per day range.

So true and still too much per person

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AP said:

After it’s been “tenderised”?

5 hours ago, AP said:

Great photo, is that in Kona?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, truck said:

Yes I see FDA recommends 50g of meat per day. Like one small meat ball. 

I'd like to see how they came to that number! I'll guarantee you there was no solid science involved.

What do they want you to eat if you shouldn't eat meat and eat a low fat diet?

A. Lots of grains. And hence we have an obese and sick population, who were the most part just doing what they were told.

14 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Great photo, is that in Kona?

Did I tell you about the time I went to Kona - see I was walking down the street, Alii Drive I think it was -------------------------------------------------------------------------- B)B)B)

11 minutes ago, AP said:

Did I tell you about the time I went to Kona - see I was walking down the street, Alii Drive I think it was -------------------------------------------------------------------------- B)B)B)

Tell me more 

31 minutes ago, AP said:

But did you have a shirt on?

14 hours ago, Niseko said:

Yes I see FDA recommends 50g of meat per day. Like one small meat ball. 

I'd like to see how they came to that number! I'll guarantee you there was no solid science involved.

What do they want you to eat if you shouldn't eat meat and eat a low fat diet?

A. Lots of grains. And hence we have an obese and sick population, who were the most part just doing what they were told.

Kenyans eat 80% off their diet in carbs mainly from cornmeal made into Ugali.  Not many obese kenyans

19 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Kenyans eat 80% off their diet in carbs mainly from cornmeal made into Ugali.  Not many obese kenyans

http://pubs.sciepub.com/ajfn/2/2/3/

Recently Kenya is experiencing a rise in diet-related non-communicable diseases, such as cardiovascular, diabetes, cancers, kidney and liver complications that are attributed to the consumption of foods low in fibre and high in fats and sugars. Due to these diseases premature death to disabilities is increasing that reduce the quality of life. The proportion of women aged 15–49 who are overweight and obese has increased from 23% in 2003 to 25% in 2008–09

60% also live under the poverty line so not sure you can use them as a picture of health to campare to.

• Like 1

It doesn't really matter what % of your diet is carbs or grain or even Big Macs. If you are getting half the food you need to survive, you aren't going to get very fat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nealo said:

http://pubs.sciepub.com/ajfn/2/2/3/

60% also live under the poverty line so not sure you can use them as a picture of health to campare to.

Compared to the rest of the world those figures probably pretty good.  

Australia is around 60% yet here we have access to everything.  

52 minutes ago, AP said:

So true - not many 2nd world war POWs were fat

They most actually ate when hungry or when had access to food.  Plus physical activity would have been much greater for general population no machines doing stuff for them. 

There is a big correlation between poverty and obesity.  Because eating flour and sugar is very cheap and addictive. 

6 minutes ago, Niseko said:

There is a big correlation between poverty and obesity.  Because eating flour and sugar is very cheap and addictive. 

And 😋 yummy

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Niseko said:

Yep, plenty of that in 3rd world countries (or developing countries as they are now meant to be called). 

Maybe you meant correlation between welfare dependence and obesity

• Like 1

Of course starvation is different.

In the west the correlation between wealth and obesity is almost linear. Which you would think is paradoxical as the rich can afford to eat more  

In developing countries there are a lot of examples of communities thriving on their natural diet of predominantly animal products and then becoming sick and obese when the white people bring in the flour and sugar. Look at the Pacific Islands and aboriginals in Aus. The flour and sugar have one more damage than the booze. There is barely anyone over 40 without Type 2 diabetes in these communities. But we still blame lack of exercise and gluttony. The white people only had good intentions in this instance too. 

Compare that the the Masai people in southern Kenya. They eat almost solely animal products and are big and strong and healthy with straight teeth (keep kids off grains and sugar and their mouths form straight and never need braces a another reason why we see nice teeth as attractive as it’s a sign of health and fertility) and they have no heart disease or cancer. Weston A Price wrote extensively on this. 

Edited by Niseko

Yeah....but if you have to hunt and chase down your breakfast, lunch and dinner, of course you'll be healthy !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, softy said:

Yeah....but if you have to hunt and chase down your breakfast, lunch and dinner, of course you'll be healthy !

This is what the paleo etc types dont take into consideration

7 hours ago, softy said:

You'd probably have a lot of injuries too. The usual running injuries - sprains,strains, stepping on thorns and getting blood poisoning, the chance of getting attacked by the thing you are trying to kill. Good thing there are other options to gather like fruits and vegetables too.

1 hour ago, The Customer said:

You'd probably have a lot of injuries too. The usual running injuries - sprains,strains, stepping on thorns and getting blood poisoning, the chance of getting attacked by the thing you are trying to kill. Good thing there are other options to gather like fruits and vegetables too.

Absolutely...and fruit and vegetables stay still! Much easier to catch.

I have tried to stay away from this thread as there are way many experts weighing into the discussion. Each to their own and whatever works for them. Personally, I don't see how a person can eat meat every day and have it as the core of their meals.

It would be a tough call living here in India. Yes, there's meat around, but good luck staying out of hospital after eating it every day.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Customer said:

That’s the risk carnivores take and maybe it’s part of evolution and only the fittest and best survive. 

Considering all things we understand as fruits and vegetables have been highly modified to suit us it’s unlikely that edible plants would be easy to find. 

Evolution keeps happening. Keep an eye on the squirrels, they could be on the way up. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Niseko said:

That’s the risk carnivores take and maybe it’s part of evolution and only the fittest and best survive. 

Considering the fruits and vegetables we know of today  have been highly modified to suit us it’s unlikely that edible plants would be very easy to find out in the plains. They would have been desperation food. Which is stil how body sees them and why they rarely satiate. 

2 hours ago, Niseko said:

Evolution keeps happening. Keep an eye on the squirrels, they could be on the way up. 

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 10:33 PM, Niseko said:

All animal products are the most nutritious for humans. Personally I have fallen big time for beef, and more specifically rib-eye (scotch fillet in Aus) and T bone steaks. The tomohawk rib eye is a thing of absolute beauty. But any product from an animal will be better for you than any plant product. Butter is more nutritious than broccoli IMO. Pork is great food, as is fish, etc.

I'm pretty much retired from endurance sports now, so can't comment on that. But can hold 1.25 on a Concept 2 for 1min without too much problem. Am lifting heavier and heavier weights.

I love grain finished steak, and don't think there is much different in health benefits between grass fed and grain fed, provided they are hormone free. 

We've all been force fed the mantra about vegetables being the most healthy food for us, but if that is the case why do almost all children dislike vegetables, but love meat? Because they haven't been fed the bad information that we have. And they know what is good food and what isn't.

Also read Crowie bagging vegetables, apparently he never eats them.

My nephew leaves meat on his plate eats his vegetables and loves avocado. Does like fish though.  

Edited by Fitness Buddy

22 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

My nephew less meat on his plate eats his vegetables and loves avocado. Does like fish though.  

Kids often get a taste for what Mum eats during pregnancy. Tastes can be fickle and depend on how food is presented. 

Also seems to be a a link between children being deprived meat and crooked teeth as the jaw does not form well.  

17 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

heh niseko, these are real athletes, alpha farkin males, top of the apex of sporting supa stars , what you gotta say now for yourself ?

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/25/16505120/nba-vegan-vegetarian-tracker-food-trend-wilson-chandler-kyrie-irving-damian-lillard-enes-kanter

No selfies here with their tops off and a rant about eating meat only.  That is what matters isnt it.  😆

30 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

heh niseko, these are real athletes, alpha farkin males, top of the apex of sporting supa stars , what you gotta say now for yourself ?

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/25/16505120/nba-vegan-vegetarian-tracker-food-trend-wilson-chandler-kyrie-irving-damian-lillard-enes-kanter

I’d say that it’s very obvious that there is a growing number of people going vegan and vegetarian. It’s become quite a movement. When I was a child it was hardly heard of. 

Now it’s become cool. 

The increase is is something I am concerned about and I think need to be addressed.

Why has this plant- based diet movement become so cool and so many people believe is a good ecological moral and health choice? Because the evidence animal based diets being healthier and more ecologically sound is far greater than plant based.  

And even just intuitively when you think about evolution it’s obvious humans need animal products  and do very well on animal products in the absenceof plants. But it is just as aparent that humans do not do well on plant only diets. But people still choose to go forgo animal products despite of the evidence.

So so what do I say about the growing number of plant based people, elite athletes, alpha males or other? 

I say they are victims of the poor information and group think that I am railing against.

Edited by Niseko

38 minutes ago, Niseko said:

I’d say that it’s very obvious that there is a growing number of people going vegan and vegetarian. It’s become quite a movement. When I was a child it was hardly heard of. 

Now it’s become cool. 

The increase is is something I am concerned about and I think need to be addressed.

Why has this plant- based diet movement become so cool and so many people believe is a good ecological moral and health choice? Because the evidence animal based diets being healthier and more ecologically sound is far greater than plant based.  

And even just intuitively when you think about evolution it’s obvious humans need animal products  and do very well on animal products in the absenceof plants. But it is just as aparent that humans do not do well on plant only diets. But people still choose to go forgo animal products despite of the evidence.

So so what do I say about the growing number of plant based people, elite athletes, alpha males or other? 

I say they are victims of the poor information and group think that I am railing against.

i have lived the vegan life for short periods and dont mind it but can be a pain in the arse without time to plan. 

Alas though, I found myself at cheap chinese byo with laminate tables saturday night in moonee ponds eating beef n black bean, sweet n sour pork, mongolian lamb, sate chicken and fried rice..... was living every Australian child of the 70's dream.........

Edited by Oompa Loompa