Niseko

Meat and Water Diet Study

10 minutes ago, Niseko said:

Not supposed to, but I have been sneaking some low sugar tomato sauce on my patties (4 for breakfast everyday). 

Steaks don't require much, maybe I have a scrape of mustard here or there. Agreed on ribs, slated and slow cooked still good without sauce, but most sauce is so high in sugar....

Not really a meat and water diet then.  

😂😂

Have not noticed a big affect on mood. Initially I had some diarrhea but I was eating heaps of fat on the meat and fattiest cuts. Have dialed that back now and no problem in the toilet. Definitely dark colored though! Smaller sized and less often too.

15 minutes ago, Niseko said:

Have not noticed a big affect on mood.

If anything, you've mellowed on here. It could also be that you haven't been poked.

4 hours ago, Niseko said:

Have not noticed a big affect on mood. Initially I had some diarrhea but I was eating heaps of fat on the meat and fattiest cuts. Have dialed that back now and no problem in the toilet. Definitely dark colored though! Smaller sized and less often too.

Does it smell like a dog shit - my dogs eat the same diet and there's stink - their farts are pretty ripe too 

On the contrary if I eat fish and veges - mine are almost odourless - serious question B)

• Like 1

I reckon vegetarian farts are the worst, I was running behind a vego mate a while ago and had to hold my breath to stop myself from retching, it seriously smelt like Chum.  Which is weird, you'd think meat farts would smell worse, and more Chum-like.

• Haha 1

On 15/09/2017 at 3:08 PM, AP said:

Does it smell like a dog shit - my dogs eat the same diet and there's stink - their farts are pretty ripe too 

On the contrary if I eat fish and veges - mine are almost odourless - serious question B)

Actually very good question. When dogs eat corporate made 'dog food' they poop 4 - 5 times a day and they smell terribly. When the eat a meat diet they poop so much less, maybe 2 times a day and small pellets that hardly smell at all. My hound is over 12 so I know this as a fact.

On 9/15/2017 at 10:08 AM, AP said:

Like a rose in full bloom?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Shawn Baker, the orthopedic surgeon who founded this study and is works record holder for over 50 Concept II rowing is going to be on the Joe Rogan podcast soon. 

He gets about 30million downloads so good traction for the good guys on the meat V plant battle. 

35 minutes ago, Niseko said:

Shawn Baker, the orthopedic surgeon who founded this study and is works record holder for over 50 Concept II rowing is going to be on the Joe Rogan podcast soon. 

He gets about 30million downloads so good traction for the good guys on the meat V plant battle. 

Hadn't come across him before but read this article among others

http://razorsedgeperformance.ca/cutting-carbs-and-setting-records/

Bit of an over achiever! It would be interesting to see how he went with an endurance sport rather than the power sports he's focused on to date.  109kgs and (in his words) very lean whilst eating twice a day also isn't the result I was expecting.  Just started doing some indoor rowing so I'll see how I go :lol:

55 minutes ago, Niseko said:

Creditability goes up once you have 30 million downloads.  

How many instagram selfies?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Creditability goes up once you have 30 million downloads.  

How many instagram selfies?

I think he gets credibility for having eaten nothing but meat and water for 12 months and be one of the healthiest 50 year old men you could find. 

And for designing a study getting 400 people to do the same thing. Stage 2 coming up if anyone else wants to volunteer.

And being interesting enough a dude to be invited on Joe Rogan does give him credibility in my mind.

5 hours ago, truck said:

Hadn't come across him before but read this article among others

http://razorsedgeperformance.ca/cutting-carbs-and-setting-records/

Bit of an over achiever! It would be interesting to see how he went with an endurance sport rather than the power sports he's focused on to date.  109kgs and (in his words) very lean whilst eating twice a day also isn't the result I was expecting.  Just started doing some indoor rowing so I'll see how I go :lol:

He played professional rugby in NZ when he was young and then became one of the world's best in Highland Games, despite taking it up in his 40's. 

I don't think he would have done well in endurance, he is a 195cm mesomorph, probably weighs 120kgs. There is growing body of evidence to show power sports and HIIT is much healthier than endurance sports anyway so he's probably better off.

Seems very honest when he says he's never had any testosterone nor taken any supplements or steroids, nor eaten anything but meat and water for 12 months. He eats 90% Beef. Rib Eye Steaks (Scotch Fillet we call it in Aus) are his favorite. Eats as many as he can for breakfast and dinner every night. Actually tries to force himself to eat more so he gets faster/stronger.

Selfie-624x682.jpg

Not sure if this is coincidence but just smashed a fantastic roast beef :)  Might even have a glass of water.

1 hour ago, Oompa Loompa said:

I like the bacon / blue cheese combination ?

Me too!

Another interesting low/zero carb guy is Dr Ted Naiman he eats lots of eggs and cheese, Shawn Baker is just meat. They believe other animal products aside from meat (eggs/dairy/organ meats) are the next most nutritious products then plants are the least nutritious and important.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Niseko said:

This is what eating nothing but meat an water and doing no exercise for 19 years will do to you. :o

6D56D5B8-CCB8-41FC-B2C9-8FDB2E352CD5.png

Life is not based on how good you look in a bikini.  If this is how you view life you should become an Instatrainer 

On Sunday, October 08, 2017 at 6:08 PM, Niseko said:

He played professional rugby in NZ when he was young and then became one of the world's best in Highland Games, despite taking it up in his 40's. 

I don't think he would have done well in endurance, he is a 195cm mesomorph, probably weighs 120kgs. There is growing body of evidence to show power sports and HIIT is much healthier than endurance sports anyway so he's probably better off.

Seems very honest when he says he's never had any testosterone nor taken any supplements or steroids, nor eaten anything but meat and water for 12 months. He eats 90% Beef. Rib Eye Steaks (Scotch Fillet we call it in Aus) are his favorite. Eats as many as he can for breakfast and dinner every night. Actually tries to force himself to eat more so he gets faster/stronger.

Selfie-624x682.jpg

So about $100 of meat a day

Oh yeah? I know you are, you said you are, so what am I? 

And looking good in underwear is not a bad indicator of health. I’d wager she has very low visceral fat and very healthy level of adipose tissue, low fasted blood sugars and triglycerides. Hip to waist ratio and neck circumference also be within very healthy ranges. 

What test eat would you guess would show she is suffering negative health consequences from her diet? 

Edited by Niseko
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Niseko said:

Oh yeah? I know you are, you said you are, so what am I? 

Won't see any shirtless selfies on my insta page.  Couldn't give a shit what I look like as long as I am moving well, helping others, being who I am and not pretending to be someone else.  

This carnivore thing will be the new vegan.  People going round saying it is the best things and instead of eating meat being inhumane eating plants is. 

You can replace Durian Rider (30 bananas a day) and become the Butcher (30 steaks a day)

5 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Won't see any shirtless selfies on my insta page.  Couldn't give a shit what I look like as long as I am moving well, helping others, being who I am and not pretending to be someone else.  

This carnivore thing will be the new vegan.  People going round saying it is the best things and instead of eating meat being inhumane eating plants is. 

You can replace Durian Rider (30 bananas a day) and become the Butcher (30 steaks a day)

People should just be aware that they can eat as much meat as they want and it will only improve their health. 

Edited by Niseko

1 hour ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Doesn't Durian Rider like to throw down some challenges (eg I recall an invitation for Dr Peter Attia to race him)? So could be a great opportunity for a meat and water diet follower to get the message out?

Never liked that guy, this just confirms it. 

I work alongside his sister-in-law. She runs a  business importing and distributing meat.  Xmases will be awkward. 

Edited by Niseko

There's a guy I know through work that has enough property or have livestock, fruit trees, and even loads of olive trees.  Does all the harvest, presses his own olive oil etc.  Good greenie.

His  doctor told him his cholesterol was low, and he needed to increase it.

So now he turns up to work with a breakfast of potato cakes and a cheese kransky.

So much wrong with that

11 hours ago, Turts said:

There's a guy I know through work that has enough property or have livestock, fruit trees, and even loads of olive trees.  Does all the harvest, presses his own olive oil etc.  Good greenie.

His  doctor told him his cholesterol was low, and he needed to increase it.

So now he turns up to work with a breakfast of potato cakes and a cheese kransky.

So much wrong with that

if he has that much money then time to get a decent doctor 

This thread has been a very entertaining read, and I thought I would throw in my two cents. 

Back in 2012 I was eating a normal diet while living in Europe and was 5-6% body fat, ran a marathon close to 3 hours two days after my 20th birthday and was cycling 200+ km's a week without even blinking.

I turned vegetarian at the start of 2013 (first no meat, then i quit fish as well) and since then I have gained over 25kg and stopped to exercise completely. For all of 2013 I was merely riding off my fitness that I had built up. I haven't been able to exercise properly since then, and my last triathlon was also back then. I went so deep into the hole just to finish that 70.3 that I haven't been able to sit on my bike since..

I have given myself a lot of excuses over the years, mainly that my studies are taking up my time and that when they finish I will get back in shape. I say the same thing to myself every month, and I still pay my pool membership in the hope I go.

The reality for me is that I was unable to exercise because my body could not recover because I was not eating properly. And by that I don't mean that I ate unhealthy food. I did not eat sugar, or processed food. I had no chocolates, no soft drinks. I had a lot of vegetables and ate fresh at home as much as I could.

Three days ago I had my first steak in years, and I have started running again and am going to the pool on Monday night! The turning point for me was seeing a photo my girlfriend took of me. I am definitely classified as very overweight, and I have no idea how I have let it come this far. 

I know it's a placebo, but I definitely feel stronger already. I tried so many times over the years to get back into a running routine but it kept on failing because my body just couldn't recover, and I would be exhausted all day and be so unproductive that I could not justify going for runs because it would interfere with my studies/work.

I am sure there are many people that can live so well on a vegetarian diet, and do sport at a high level but I cannot. Everyone is different and my body can't do it. I really respect those people that can. 

I definitely don't see myself eating solely meat and water like Niseko advocates, but I am sure that for my body meat is going to help me get it back together. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Horowitz said:

This thread has been a very entertaining read, and I thought I would throw in my two cents. 

Back in 2012 I was eating a normal diet while living in Europe and was 5-6% body fat, ran a marathon close to 3 hours two days after my 20th birthday and was cycling 200+ km's a week without even blinking.

I turned vegetarian at the start of 2013 (first no meat, then i quit fish as well) and since then I have gained over 25kg and stopped to exercise completely. For all of 2013 I was merely riding off my fitness that I had built up. I haven't been able to exercise properly since then, and my last triathlon was also back then. I went so deep into the hole just to finish that 70.3 that I haven't been able to sit on my bike since..

I have given myself a lot of excuses over the years, mainly that my studies are taking up my time and that when they finish I will get back in shape. I say the same thing to myself every month, and I still pay my pool membership in the hope I go.

The reality for me is that I was unable to exercise because my body could not recover because I was not eating properly. And by that I don't mean that I ate unhealthy food. I did not eat sugar, or processed food. I had no chocolates, no soft drinks. I had a lot of vegetables and ate fresh at home as much as I could.

Three days ago I had my first steak in years, and I have started running again and am going to the pool on Monday night! The turning point for me was seeing a photo my girlfriend took of me. I am definitely classified as very overweight, and I have no idea how I have let it come this far. 

I know it's a placebo, but I definitely feel stronger already. I tried so many times over the years to get back into a running routine but it kept on failing because my body just couldn't recover, and I would be exhausted all day and be so unproductive that I could not justify going for runs because it would interfere with my studies/work.

I am sure there are many people that can live so well on a vegetarian diet, and do sport at a high level but I cannot. Everyone is different and my body can't do it. I really respect those people that can. 

I definitely don't see myself eating solely meat and water like Niseko advocates, but I am sure that for my body meat is going to help me get it back together. 

Eat protein, eat good fats and eat good carbs pretty simple.  No diet, your body normally tells you what it needs.  If not recovering well you need more protein IMO,

23 hours ago, Niseko said:

Here is a photo of my baby. 👶 🍼 

IMG_5638.JPG

Not sure what we are trying to take away from this picture other then the fact it has some meat product in its mouth

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Not sure what we are trying to take away from this picture other then the fact it has some meat product in its mouth

I guess I was trying to show that I am walking the talk and feeding my child a lot of meat, and letting her interact with her food, rather than having it all blended like many. She often chews bones for long periods.

And for yourself you could probably take out if it that it's just a quaint pic of a cute baby (biased I know). And maybe that because you most likely are still a virgin, you couldn't understand the joy of having a new baby and wanting to share it and you probably never will.

2 hours ago, Horowitz said:

Nice post. There are a lot of stories starting to surface of people that have been vegetarians for years and become obese and depressed and suffered a range of terrible health consequences, then finally realized it and starting eating meat had great improvements in health. If health was as simple as calories in and calories out, eat less and exercise more blah blah blah, then you would see obese carnivore humans as well as obese vegetarians as they would be just as many as there should be equal numbers of lazy and gluttonous people in both groups. But there all human carnivores look terrific and none are obese as it’s impossible eating only meat they look like Shawn Baker and the Andersson lady I posted earlier. 

Google Amber Hearn if you want to hear about someone who was vegetarian for 20 years and what happens when the penny finally dropped when she realized the damage  it did to her  

Obesity among vegetarians is very common. Most of India is obese grainitarians.  Just like when carnivores are fed grains that they should not be eating  

hqdefault-2.jpg

Edited by Niseko

15 hours ago, Niseko said:

And for yourself you could probably take out if it that it's just a quaint pic of a cute baby (biased I know). And maybe that because you most likely are still a virgin, you couldn't understand the joy of having a new baby and wanting to share it and you probably never will.

I made the comment as you presenting yourself like Pete Evans.  Follow me and all world problems will end. 

The pic probably warrants instagram exposure where you get all the lovey dovey responses you want.  As you posted in a thread link to meat and water diet I responded how I see it in relation  to the thread

You are not King ****ing Shit.  Do you really think you are a better person in the world or on here because you eat meat and have a kid.  Kudos to you.  Your comments suggest people who don't have kids don't have a place on earth. Some people cannot have kids.  As attacking my sex life well guess what it is none of your business.  

Now lets discuss Fitness Buddy's sex life further - the meat and water diet thread has just about run it's course :lol:

I wonder if there is a correlation between the amount of meat you eat and the frequency of having sex - I eat meat just about every day but don't have sex every day - I wonder if I ate more meat :huh:

7 minutes ago, AP said:

Now lets discuss Fitness Buddy's sex life further - the meat and water diet thread has just about run it's course :lol:

I wonder if there is a correlation between the amount of meat you eat and the frequency of having sex - I eat meat just about every day but don't have sex every day - I wonder if I ate more meat :huh:

Maybe ask a vegan.   Joe Gambles been a vegan all his life and he has a kid and won a few things.  Maybe he should post a pic of his kid gnawing on a carrot 😁

50 years old and only eaten meat and drink water for past 12 months. No supplements, vitamins, hormones or steroids. 

BCFC9BBB-FC2E-4E62-A6BA-A51754A45831.png

1 hour ago, Niseko said:

50 years old and only eaten meat and drink water for past 12 months. No supplements, vitamins, hormones or steroids. 

BCFC9BBB-FC2E-4E62-A6BA-A51754A45831.png

Doesn't state how many kids he has and how much sex he has.

There are hormones in meat and vitamins

Nice to see him do the good old bathroom lighting selfie a traditional gym /meat head strategy.  

Edited by Fitness Buddy
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Niseko said:

I guess I was trying to show that I am walking the talk and feeding my child a lot of meat, and letting her interact with her food, rather than having it all blended like many. She often chews bones for long periods.

Nice post. There are a lot of stories starting to surface of people that have been vegetarians for years and become obese and depressed and suffered a range of terrible health consequences, then finally realized it and starting eating meat had great improvements in health. If health was as simple as calories in and calories out, eat less and exercise more blah blah blah, then you would see obese carnivore humans as well as obese vegetarians as they would be just as many as there should be equal numbers of lazy and gluttonous people in both groups. But there all human carnivores look terrific and none are obese as it’s impossible eating only meat they look like Shawn Baker and the Andersson lady I posted earlier. 

Google Amber Hearn if you want to hear about someone who was vegetarian for 20 years and what happens when the penny finally dropped when she realized the damage  it did to her  

Obesity among vegetarians is very common. Most of India is obese grainitarians.  Just like when carnivores are fed grains that they should not be eating  

hqdefault-2.jpg

That tiger isn't the one from AP's new avatar?

"Did you know the human eye can see more shades of green than any other colour" - Lorne Malvo, Fargo

Makes you wonder why it's so important for humans to be so connected to the plant world - it's just as important to see our preditors hiding in the tall grass as it is to know which plants are good for eating. If you deny yourself eating plants, you are going against nature.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AP said:

What does Harvey Weinstein eat?