Jump to content
Niseko

Meat and Water Diet Study

Recommended Posts

Really damn. Maybe try clicking the youtube logo at the bottom. 

 

From 3minutes He says blood labs before and after:

C-reactor protein (see if meat is inflammatory)

HA1C (see if meat causes diabetes)

Ferritin levels (often said that meat causes high iron)

Vitamin C serum tests or clinical signs

Can do micro biome but as mentioned still not reliable th

Possibly lipids but they are so variable their usefulness is questionable.

I'll probably check triglycerides, LDLs and HDLs and liver (ALT and AST) also.

I guess before and after photos and maybe fitness test of some kind too.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes this is better place for the discussion going no the Dean Mercer thread.

 

Going well 23 days in participants are:


 339 account entries
59% males

41% female

Age:

Under 30- 10%

30-60 83.5%

Over 60 6.5%

Previous diet: (53 participants failed to enter this data)

Vegan/vegetarian 0%

SAD 7.7%

Paleo/Primal 4.5%

LC/LCHF 45%

Keto 24%

Zerocarb/carnivore 14.8%

 

No Vegetarians unfortunately. Reading the forum no issues so far, but less than half adhering to entering data very day.

 

Measuring sleep, resting HR, Blood sugar, Ketone and bloodworks.

 

Personally I've strayed once or twice with some cauliflower booze and dark chocolate but feeling great!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Niseko said:

 

 

Personally I've strayed once or twice with some cauliflower booze and dark chocolate but feeling great!

 

I bet the animals arnt feeling so great as they line up to be slaughtered 

i normally don't comment on this stuff and won't again but this diet is soooo wrong ethically on just about every level

all meat or mostly meat diet might have been fine when we lived in a cave and there was only a few hundred to feed

not now , when the earth already can't sustain the farming practices of meat production today with the amount of over population on the planet 

not sure how anyone could think humans could sustain the production of  this type of diet for any length  of time without totally rooting the planet 

and agin what about the animals that are slaughtered, mistreated, and totally abused just for the sake saying well we used to eat this as caveman so it must be the best thing for us , I agree Les carbs is better but this is just way over the top 

we used to do a lot of things for lots of reasons but it doesn't make em right 

Edited by ironpo
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ironpo said:

I bet the animals arnt feeling so great as they line up to be slaughtered 

i normally don't comment on this stuff and won't again but this diet is soooo wrong ethically on just about every level

all meat or mostly meat diet might have been fine when we lived in a cave and there was only a few hundred to feed

not now , when the earth already can't sustain the farming practices of meat production today with the amount of over population on the planet 

not sure how anyone could think humans could sustain the production of  this type of diet for any length  of time without totally rooting the planet 

and agin what about the animals that are slaughtered, mistreated, and totally abused just for the sake saying well we used to eat this as caveman so it must be the best thing for us , I agree Les carbs is better but this is just way over the top 

we used to do a lot of things for lots of reasons but it doesn't make em right 

Spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a contrarian and am somehow drawn to topics where most of the population have been badly misled into believing untruths, (diet, religion, doping etc), so I expect and maybe want people to be upset about this stuff, because that's what happens when people are challenged on their strongly held beliefs, regardless of how untrue they are.

The issues are not as simple as you make it, but I understand  your way of thinking. It's the norm these days., with  the power of the PETA inspired dietary advice over the past decade or two, we have gone down the road where people think this type of diet is outrageous and we have become so hyper sensitive to the harsh realities of the planet and think the only important thing in life is to be nice and not hurt anyone or anything. This has seen the number of vegans grow exponentially,  and the general reaction to veganism being "that's cool", despite it being unhealthy and emasculating. There's also a growing body of research showing a strong correlation between vegetarianism and depression; Robin Williams was a vegan. I've never met a sad butcher either.

There is no such thing as a vegan diet. All food requires something to die somehow. We are part of the food cycle. The circle of life. 

Most farmers care for their animals and give them good lives and humane deaths. I would wager a far better death than the zebras in Africa that are killed by a pack of hyenas and mostly eaten while they are still alive. Where are people marching against hyenas, or whales, lions, or any other carnivore or apex predator.

The ecological argument is not as simple either. Animals are a renewable resource. One cow can feed a small tribe of Masai warriors for 20 years, as they drink the blood which provides all required nutrients, and the Eskimos live a very healthy life, that is completely self sustaining and renewable eating only seals. 

Anyway I don't care what individuals choose to eat, and take my own health risks, but I am concerned with the population being terribly misled by government dietary advice  over the past 30 years on what is and isn't healthy. They could hardly have got dietary advice more wrong if they tried. Doing the opposite of govt advice would be a pretty solid diet. Meat is possibly the only 'superfood', not something to be eaten in small quantities and lean cuts only. The truth is going to come out, about these dietary advice mistakes, maybe not completely in my life time, but when it does, I'll have played a small part in it.

 

 

 

Edited by Niseko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Niseko said:

This family has eaten nothing but meat and water for 17 years, when the wife got Lyme disease. Father wife and two boys all in terrific health: https://thenortheasttoday.com/anderson-family-on-meat-diet-for-17-years/

 

I guess she's lucky she didnt get the red meat allergy that some people get after a tick bite 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Niseko said:

There's also a growing body of research showing a strong correlation between vegetarianism and depression; Robin Williams was a vegan. I've never met a sad butcher either.

Do you have any references for this? I've tried Google and just get a whole load of contradicting "sources" and the only papers referenced make it quite clear that although vegans did report higher incidences of depression it was highly likely that this was pre-existing.

So you're right, there is a correlation but you appear to be implying causality...

48 minutes ago, Niseko said:

 and the general reaction to veganism being "that's cool", despite it being unhealthy and emasculating.

Could you expand on emasculating? I'm not sure about most people but I certainly don't get my sense of "masculinity" (whatever that means) from eating meat...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm somewhat intrigued with some of these diets.

There was one a while back where a guy lived an entire year on nothing but potatoes - did really well. Lost weight, got 'healthier' bloods etc. Then there's the family Niseko references where they live well on meat and water alone. There's also plenty of anecdotal evidence of success on mixed and balanced diets yet the unhealthiest person I know is a vegetarian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ironpo said:

I bet the animals arnt feeling so great as they line up to be slaughtered 

You can't just isolate animals raised for meat if you're talking ethical - that's cherry picking (pardon the reverse pun)

I'm sure many people from PETA would be happy to stomp a cockroach or spray a mosquito without consideration but if they want true animal egalitarianism they should be valued just as much as a cow or a pig. I also don't see people reeling in horror over the Xmas prawns, the sashimi or the Pâté dip. Does PETA get concerned when animal habitat is destroyed to build new homes, dig coal, grow fields of cotton for your clothes or plant the veggies you want to replace the meat? Happy to give up the leather shoes, nail polish, perfume, soap or beer which all contain animal products?

I don't like the thought of killing stuff but I also understand it's what humans do. Is it 'ethical'? Only you and your conscience can decide and you take the appropriate action based on your decision. I have absolutely no issue with people who prefer not to be involved with animal products but a quick look in their wardrobe or bathroom will almost certainly reveal some hypocrisy.

Personally, I think it's more ethical to kill something to eat than for vanity - but that's just me.

 

And IP when I say 'you' and 'your' I'm not referring specifically to you, it's a generalisation.

Edited by trinube
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, monkie said:

Do you have any references for this? I've tried Google and just get a whole load of contradicting "sources" and the only papers referenced make it quite clear that although vegans did report higher incidences of depression it was highly likely that this was pre-existing.

So you're right, there is a correlation but you appear to be implying causality...

Could you expand on emasculating? I'm not sure about most people but I certainly don't get my sense of "masculinity" (whatever that means) from eating meat...

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/08/09/vegetarian-depression-meat-study/

Vegetarians twice as likely to suffer depression than general population.

 

And I don't know how much more I can explain emasculating. Being an alpha male is a trait that is affirmatively encouraged by evolution (it's not survival of the fittest, it's survival of the sexiest). Alpha males are sexy to females, they are competitive, they hurt people's feelings, they are strong, they have the capability to protect, they stand up for what's right rather than what is non-confrontational. And they eat meat.

 

A vegan alpha male is a contradiction in terms. 

Edited by Niseko
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Niseko said:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/08/09/vegetarian-depression-meat-study/

Vegetarians twice as likely to suffer depression than general population.

 

And I don't know how much more I can explain emasculating. Being an alpha male is a trait that is affirmatively encouraged by evolution (it's not survival of the fittest, it's survival of the sexiest). Alpha males are sexy to females, they are competitive, they hurt people's feelings, they are strong, they have the capability to protect, they stand up for what's right rather than what is non-confrontational. And they eat meat.

 

A vegan alpha male is a contradiction in terms. 

If you google "famous vegan", Woody Harrelson comes up. 

In Zombieland (regarded by many as his finest work to date), he was not a girly-man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trilobite said:

In Zombieland (regarded by many as his finest work to date), he was not a girly-man.

You realise movies aren't real?

Not to suggest Woody is anything but a man but that's a strange analogy to get the point across.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Transitions is always entertaining - how Woody acted in a movie as an example of his manliness??

Some idiots somewhere living on only meat and water ??

Some of the arguments mounted here are amusing 

Imagine how tough it would be to only ever eat meat and water at every meal - what would anyone do that for - it would be possible if you were marooned and that's all you had but it would not be a conscious choice 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, AP said:

Transitions is always entertaining - how Woody acted in a movie as an example of his manliness??

Some idiots somewhere living on only meat and water ??

Some of the arguments mounted here are amusing 

Imagine how tough it would be to only ever eat meat and water at every meal - what would anyone do that for - it would be possible if you were marooned and that's all you had but it would not be a conscious choice 

 

Can you believe there are some idiots out there who don't eat any meat ? 

I mean unless you were marooned who would make that conscious choice?

Its the best tasting and most nutritious food there is and most animals have to risk their lives to get some but there are actually some humans who actually choose not to eat it. It's, like, totally crazy. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Niseko said:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/08/09/vegetarian-depression-meat-study/

Vegetarians twice as likely to suffer depression than general population.

"But the researchers did not rule out the possibility that the vegetarians’ decisions to adopt their diet could have been a symptom of depression from the start."

So, inconclusive.

 

Your subjective connection of eating meat to being an alpha male is amusing and each to their own. It certainly doesn't fit with my world view of what "being a man" entails.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, trinube said:

You realise movies aren't real?

Not to suggest Woody is anything but a man but that's a strange analogy to get the point across.

Are you suggesting Zombieland is not an accurate portrayal of historic events?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, trilobite said:

Are you suggesting Zombieland is not an accurate portrayal of historic events?

Well, I've always believed Buffy was the real thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:31 AM, Notsofast said:

How do you get your carbs? Would this be a zero carb diet? If so, from my limited knowledge, doesn't the brain need a small amount of carbs to function?

I am not knocking something I have not tried, just an observation.

I will be keen to follow your progress

Cheers

NSF

excess protein the body converts to something similar to carbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, monkie said:

"But the researchers did not rule out the possibility that the vegetarians’ decisions to adopt their diet could have been a symptom of depression from the start."

So, inconclusive.

 

Your subjective connection of eating meat to being an alpha male is amusing and each to their own. It certainly doesn't fit with my world view of what "being a man" entails.

All men need to have our softer side and harder side. 

Eating meat is on the harder side.

Eating plants, not so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Niseko said:

All men need to have our softer side and harder side. 

Eating meat is on the harder side.

Eating plants, not so much. 

It's an interesting angle and I love learning about what makes other people tick. To be honest I find it baffling that your sense of masculinity is so attached to diet if I try and frame it using my world view but as I said, each to their own and it's interesting to learn how other people judge things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, monkie said:

It's an interesting angle and I love learning about what makes other people tick. To be honest I find it baffling that your sense of masculinity is so attached to diet if I try and frame it using my world view but as I said, each to their own and it's interesting to learn how other people judge things.

Agreed. We all think differently I honestly cannot comprehend how someone thinks eating meat is not adding to our primal side. Not that I put that huge value in being a super tough guy, just that I can't see how you think that it's not.

Pick the odd one out below:

Fukking, eating steak, fighting, playing a combat sport, veganism, playing heavy metal guitar, changing a tyre, fixing a fence  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Niseko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×