Sign in to follow this  
Ronny

Springfield Duo

Anyone do the Springfield duathlon today?? I finished down the back but had a good go and learnt a few things.

As a mate said you didn't die and didnt spew! Call that a win

If we are still in the U.K. This winter, I'm planning on some duathlons just to make more use of the P3 haha.

what distance Ronny?  I've only ever done one, years ago in Parramatta Park, I can't remember who ran it. IIRC it was something like, 3/20/5. I do remember it hurt!

There was a sprint (5,20,2.5) or the standard (10,40,5) and some kids events.

standard for me yesterday. Was a tough bike leg!

I did the standard. First time doing dualthon format. Was backing up from Velothon the week before and was quite tired at the end. First 10K run was solid (for me) though.

Nice enough event and that hill in the middle of the bike course was unexpected .

Did the standard yesterday, 6 minutes slower than when I last did it two years ago but the bike course was shorter then. Overall felt better yesterday, so considered that an improvement! Still slow on descends and cornering, so got to work on that.

Funny story, as I got to the bike mount line I realized I still had my run shoes on! Brought the bike back to the racks, removed shoes and went back out again. You can tell I don't do duathlons too often!

• Haha 1

Loved the new run section.  although the pinch on the run which I hadn't noticed the first 4 times around, definitely made me regret doing the Olympic distance :lol:.  I'm going to have to learn how to descend on my time trial bike.  Actually, I probably need to learn how to descend on my road bike as well :huh:.  Found it interesting how many cyclists were grinding up the hill in the big gear.  Their legs would have been totally trashed.

If you're in Brisbane, Cams Cycle Coaching often does descending classes, and they're well worth the time and money (its relatively cheap). I did that any my descending improved greatly.

• Like 1