roxii

Lances Tour Podcast.

18 hours ago, Peter said:

I think he was a cock by the way he treated people. Not for taking the drugs. 

It's almost impossible to get to the top in any sport or in business without somebody thinking you're an ass hole - there's always someone who thinks they should have shared the glory or is disgruntled for not being pampered the way they thought they should be  :mellow: even Hitler had his critics 

sometimes people think you're an asshole........ cause you're actually an asshole!

Don't know if he actually is or not.  Just saying, if it walks like a duck, and squawks like a duck, sometimes it's an asshole.  If people think you are, maybe it's because you are....

disclaimer - this is just a royal "you're", like a royal "we".  Not directed at anybody here.  But if you're willing to be an asshole to get yourself further - then you maybe are.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Peter said:

I think he was a cock by the way he treated people. Not for taking the drugs. 

I agree with this and always have. 

If you think of them all as murderers Lance is the guy who won't tell the relatives where the body is.......... probably because he boiled and ate them. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"fsfsfsfsf"

• Like 1

Listened to a couple of episodes over the weekend. The arrogance and absolute conviction that allowed him to bully people into submission is still there. To be honest, that is what makes it interesting to listen to. LA is not backward about expressing an opinion and is pretty good at explaining the reasoning behind it. Add in the insight from his time racing and it makes for compelling listening.

It's a bit of a sycophantic boys club, if you are expecting challenging questions, you won't find them there. But LA is self-deprecating enough that I could put up with that for interesting stuff that comes out.

I think one of the reasons lance was so popular is that he was a good showman and personality. 

You hardly ever hear from the current crop of cyclists and when you do it's not very interesting. Lance knew how to hold an audience, and use people to get his way. Before it all blew up many thought he would go into politics because he would obviously be very successful. 

12 minutes ago, dazaau said:

I think one of the reasons lance was so popular is that he was a good showman and personality. 

You hardly ever hear from the current crop of cyclists and when you do it's not very interesting. Lance knew how to hold an audience, and use people to get his way. Before it all blew up many thought he would go into politics because he would obviously be very successful. 

Listening to the podcast it seemed to become clear that Lance only cared for or knew about stuff that was beneficial to him. Probably good traits to get him into to politics but not actually be an effective politician, but Im sure he'd feather his nest beautifully along the way. 

• Like 1

Just a bump, Lances stages podcast did some Kona stuff.

A preview, then an episode each with Dave Scott and Mark Allen then a wrap up.

Some good stuff in there. 

Lance is a dick. Trying to re-invent and re-market himself. He's lucky he's not in the can .... but there is still hope!

From a former fanboy.

Listening to these podcasts you can tell he has an ego bigger than Texas, he simply cant stop talking about himself (except when it comes to his past indiscretions which he glosses over or makes light of) 

He is an arrogant SoB, but has become a more self-aware arrogant SoB. 

As a fellow arrogant SoB I enjoy his podcasts, doesn't mean I excuse his past behaviour. I just understand I live in an imperfect world full of imperfect people.

• Like 2

My hubby enjoys listening to his podcasts for TDF and Kona.

Last night he was listening to an Irish athlete from Kona?

So I have only jumped back on this morning,

Is it just me or is the podcast now becoming all Lances ego and advertising? 

If this mornings episode was my first listen I dont think I would bother again, since I have listened before I will give it another day or two , but today was almost no decent info and just a load of babble and ads. 

5 minutes ago, roxii said:

So I have only jumped back on this morning,

Is it just me or is the podcast now becoming all Lances ego and advertising? 

If this mornings episode was my first listen I dont think I would bother again, since I have listened before I will give it another day or two , but today was almost no decent info and just a load of babble and ads. 

Agree roxii, I am still getting through the preview show and it kinda sounds like big business rather than Lance venting in an Airstream. If it stays like this I'm out.

I still quite like it - but it is far from a news piece. If you have no idea of what happened on the stage, you wont really find out here, but there is an honest opinion piece every pod.  Many may not respect or agree with that opinion, but thats what makes it different.

Best Tour podcasts. 

Funny as **** 

Listen to them at work 

On 20/07/2017 at 10:04 AM, KieranR said:

I find listening to pod casts about as exciting as listening to my wife talk about housework......the few podcasts I have tuned into I honestly fell asleep, and couldn't remember much of what they had said anyway.

I like the idea of that! 

Sleeeep 👍👍👍👍👍👍

5 hours ago, Kim jong-un said:

Yep over 50% advertising now

Your just jealous 

On 20/07/2017 at 11:26 AM, AP said:

Exactly - the sprinter and KOM jersey's are consolation prizes (side events)  - it's about the over all winner B)

You wouldn't expect Elvis to wait for the rest of the backing band to travel back to the hotel with him would you - the guy is / was a super star - he operated at a different level to what you're used to :huh:

Sorry Al have I misread this? The guy operated at a different level because he was doping the hell out of his body! Are you genuinely putting that on a pedestal?

And @KieranR check the Podcasts thread in t'Sandbox. There's bloody gold out there!

Yep..there's ads, but I still like to listen to it. Just go and make a coffee or tea or hang out some washing while the advertorials are on. Otherwise, you can always fast forward it. I watch on Youtube.

Agree, there's a difference to last years shows. Last year the show was done on a shoestring budget, probably because Lance didn't want to earn any money until all the court cases were sorted. This year Lance has settled with his pursuers and is free to make an income which won't be a consider component of any settlement. 

Enter advertisers and a slicker production crew. There's nothing like a hint of professionalism in the production of a show, along with some sponsor advertising to inflate a presenters ego. The presenter in this case, Lance, has an ego the size of a bus at the best of times. Hence all the good race analysis that we heard last year has been pushed aside to make way for the dribble that is being presented this year.  A shame because he could offer a better show and still satisfy the advertisers.

think I will go back to the velo talk podcast.