trifun

Season 2017/18

So it being the "start" of the new season (and the tax refund having just landed) I've been doing a little planning (and spending).

took up the offer of 30 days of active membership for 99c and saved a couple of $ :)

Plus the QTS race 5 at Robina (boy that looks like a poop of a course: 5 laps with three u-turns per lap, stand by for the excuses after the draft fest......) but TA chooses the selection events. (a nonActive event - I personally prefer RegisterNow as a portal anyway - less USA centric and world domination orientated) 

Plus the 9 local club events should be a pretty busy season for me (I'd best lay off the chocolate and rev up the training to justify it all....).

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 2.11.47 pm.png

• Like 1

Signed up for 3 Raby Bays and 2 Robinas with my son. I let him know I signed him up for the oly at the second Robina. His expression was priceless ! Too much self doubt that boy .

i will probably sign up for Tweed enduro next month.

Plans are in the works...in addition to Hills club races

Ultimate Forster (first go at the distance)
Nepean
Cadbury Half Mara
NSW Club Champs
Port 70.3

Still deciding on Mooloolaba, Wyong, Canberra.

September: Rotterdam World Champs - Standard Distance

October: Yarrawonga OD - for a bit of fun

Dec: Sprint Tri at Mordialloc - I'm coaching beginners and this will be their first race, always good to race with them.

Feb: Wanaka Half IM distance 

July: Challenge Belgium (maybe)

Looking to do a few races without accomodation this Season, except Port next year.  A trail run, a couple of Tris Penrith way in 2017. Will reassess for 2018 around Chrissie time. 

FM

Edited by Flanman

8 minutes ago, Flanman said:

Looking to do a few races without accomodation this Season, except Port next year.  A trail run, a couple of Tris Penrith way in 2017. Will reassess for 2018 around Chrissie time. 

FM

Hills dates through to December are sorted. October 15, November 18 and December 17. Word has it that dates for 2018 are yet to be given out.

• Like 1

Thinking is currently:

Sydney Marathon - trying for sub 3

LCW in Jervis Bay for my birthday (try for the long distances on each, the bike might end with a bailout at the half distance and the marathon is gonna be a training run)

Canberra Oly - cracking course for a PB

IMNZ - first full

Ultimate Forbes (assuming the race is happening again) - to stave off the blues and try and go sub 5 after last year's 5:03

Port Stephens to go back for the two year anniversary of where I did my first ever triathlon after having done my first full distance.

A nice season :D

Edited by monkie

See you at Yarrawonga Evil Guru. Now that Hazelwood race is no more, it looks like Yarrawonga will get more folks entering as a warm up race for Shep and IMWA. Interested to see just how many people chase the sprint race there for points in the qualification for Worlds on the GC. 

My season could be Yarrawonga OD, Shep, Geelong 70.3 again, some of the rural Tri series (Horsham! It's near our country place) Warrnambool Sufferfest race and whatever else takes my fancy. Or it could be Yarrawonga and Shep then nothing else until an IM mid year.

Springfield duathlon this weekend - eeps! Not sure if I should use the roadie or tri bike, given that I recall hardly being on the aerobars the last time. 6 lap bike course for 40km total, with plenty of steep climbs and tight corners!

Then Sunny Coast 70.3, QTS Robina OD, Busso IM, Tweed Enduro, Kingy OD and most likely Port IM.

6 minutes ago, k3vski said:

Springfield duathlon this weekend - eeps! Not sure if I should use the roadie or tri bike, given that I recall hardly being on the aerobars the last time. 6 lap bike course for 40km total, with plenty of steep climbs and tight corners!

Then Sunny Coast 70.3, QTS Robina OD, Busso IM, Tweed Enduro, Kingy OD and most likely Port IM.

I'm up for the OD as well this weekend, have no idea why at this stage - usually do the sprint - but will definitely be using the road bike.

19 minutes ago, k3vski said:

Road bike

I have so far:

• Springfield Dualthon
  • Sunny Coast 70.3 (target race)
  • Noosa tri
  • Hervey Bay 100

Likely will do a few gatorade races. Thinking of Hell of the West and Tweed Coast. 

Current Schedule

LCW (really need to look for accom and actually enter - And talk my wife into the sprint distances)

Hartley

IMNZ

22 hours ago, monkie said:

Ultimate Forbes (assuming the race is happening again) - to stave off the blues and try and go sub 5 after last year's 5:03

Looks like it's not on. The interest was not there, which is a shame as it was a nice location, we stayed back for dinner after the presentation and also got into some country and western music in the main bar later. I like injecting cash into places like that, Forbes has had a hard run over the years.