Lostkiwi

AP is selling his house....

Lostkiwi    151

I haven't been on here for a while, so delete if this has been mentioned, but on page 33 of the courier mail is a big picture of AP and his house. 

According to the paper 'Australian triathlon coach is selling his Hawaiian inspired fig tree pocket home.'

It also goes on to say he is in India  on a speaking tour??? Bloody hell, things have changed around the triathlon scene! 

That's you Saturday news update from Queensland! 

IMG_2560.JPG

AP    1,596
On 15/07/2017 at 9:51 AM, Bored@work said:

His Granddaughter is in India.

There's a comma in there - She is in Australia - I am in India until tomorrow 

Such a land of dramatic contrasts - million dollar apartments - 200m away there are pigs running across the road and people living under a tarp on the roadside 

And the traffic, did I mention the f----ing traffic, does anyone ever drive without honking the f---ing horn:mellow:

• Like 1

AP    1,596

For any of the Trannies thinking of moving to paradise this is the link to the house for sale - I'm not selling it because I don't love it any more - I started out with a plan to renovate ten houses and I have only done eight - I have more work to do - we'll only be moving about 2km to another suitable subject

The criteria is * It has to be flood free * It has to be a quiet street * It has to have been a quality hose in it's day * It has to have been neglected enough to have lots of faults which will lower it's present value * It has to have potential * It has to have good off street parking for at least two cars - we have found one that fits this criteria B)

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-fig+tree+pocket-125868550

softy    69

I'm hearing you AP.....I now live in Delhi and have even considered taking ear plugs when I walk to the market, some horns are so loud! 

As for the contrast, you're right there too. I first lived here in 2007 - since then, the gap between rich and poor has become a chasm and the general infrastructure hasn't improved one bit. 

AP    1,596

I am in Delhi atm - I felt the traffic was crazier in Bangalore :mellow:

As an example of the gap between rich and poor - I was just having breakfast in the hotel and a group of 9 guys between 35yrs and 5oyrs rode in on motor bikes to have breakfast - two of them had Harley shirts on - I struck up a conversation with them (being an old Harley owner) - I asked them if they had Harleys outside - they said no they left their Harleys at home today, they have their Tiger bikes today. I went outside after breakfast and there were nine Triumphs there, none more than 2yrs old - across the road there are people living under a tarp with 2-3 kids sleeping on the ground :mellow:  

Lostkiwi    151

I don't understand how you talking about your own square meter in India is going to be relevant AP???? 

What the hell are you telling them??? 

AP    1,596

It's amazing at the enthusiasm and interest in triathlon (especially long distance) - they're so passionate - not many can swim well - not many pools to choose from - but where there's a will there's a way 

There's a huge growing interest in fitness and health among the "middle class" - there's a lot of money here - a lot of motorised rickshaws - a lot of horn beepers - a lot of traffic related pollution - a lot of wandering animals (even in the city) 

Today is Sunday and I have seen a few training cyclists - I assume they know where to go to get away from the worst traffic - amazing the number of non athletes riding bikes in the traffic at night with no lights - half of the trucks have no tail lights 

• Like 1

Bored@work    1,495

I hope you have someone staying at the house. 

"Great house for sale & the owner is overseas" is just asking for the place to be robbed.  

Not a smart move by the real estate agent

• Like 1

GSP    209

I'm here too, not in Delhi, in Hyderabad.  Agree with all the things you say, no different here (worse in spots).

The cows lazing down on busy 4 lane motorways with everybody going around them is funny and this afternoon had a bunch of camels waltzing on down the street in a very busy part of the city.

Surprisingly, it's not that bad for running, not sure where you'd safely ride a bike though.

AP    1,596
5 hours ago, Bored@work said:

"Great house for sale & the owner is overseas" is just asking for the place to be robbed.  

Wife and blue heeler there = no problems B)

ironpo    2,839
9 hours ago, GSP said:

I'm here too, not in Delhi, in Hyderabad.  Agree with all the things you say, no different here (worse in spots).

The cows lazing down on busy 4 lane motorways with everybody going around them is funny and this afternoon had a bunch of camels waltzing on down the street in a very busy part of the city.

Surprisingly, it's not that bad for running, not sure where you'd safely ride a bike though.

So no different to Melb except for the cows and the traffic is better in Hyderabad 

Cottoneyes    798
12 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Would you take the risk of breaking into Chuck Norris's house, even if he wasn't home?

Ex-Hasbeen    3,874
32 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

Would you take the risk of breaking into Chuck Norris's house, even if he wasn't home?

60+yr old endurance athlete. Not quite Chuck Norris. :)

Bored@work    1,495
1 hour ago, Cottoneyes said:

Not worth the risk & it has nothing to do with him being like Chuck Norris.  He rides a Giant & Azzuri

softy    69

Sorry, not house related but AP comment related...I'm living in the Saket area and the main mall in the area is packed with people spending money at every time of every day, and not just on rubbish. The middle class are cashed up.

I went into the Life Fitness gym for a look and it was packed, even out of hours. Yeah, there are a whole bunch of unfit people, but the younger bods are into it. Bike groups do find places to ride early before the traffic so I need to find them. Plenty of runners and even Ultra runners out there too.

Off to try a pool today. The water felt and smelled ok, so I'll see what happens.

As for being a market for AP, it has plenty of potential. Delhi has the population of Australia, it has thru the roof internet speeds ( just paid 499 rupees - $9.90 AUD, 4G for 70gB for 70 days plus unlimited local calls ), it has cashed up people and reasonable facilities. Sign a bunch up for online coaching and away you go!

AP    1,596

One group I delivered a talk was 100 people - and everyone was interested - nobody doodling or making paper aeroplanes - all eyes - and the handshakes and selfies at the end - they treated me like Elvis B)

Many have just discovered the sport and all are hungry for information - such a land of contrasts - I arrived home this morning and it will probably be a while before I say to my wife "Do you feel like a curry" - at the hotel in Delhi I ordered spaghetti with minced lamb (like a bolognase )  - they even managed to make the sauce taste like curry :mellow:

The Customer    1,321

Swimming will be the biggest hurdle to overcome. Very difficult to coach someone online if you can't be poolside or if they don't have access to a 25m pool. India just don't have a culture of swimming and to change that will take generations.

Bored@work    1,495
6 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Swimming will be the biggest hurdle to overcome. Very difficult to coach someone online if you can't be poolside or if they don't have access to a 25m pool. India just don't have a culture of swimming and to change that will take generations.

As long as they pay the fees.  

• Like 1