Jump to content
ironpo

Shipping time from chain reaction cycles?

Recommended Posts

How big is the item?

I got Knicks a shirt in 7days last week.  My BIL ordered the XT 1X group set on the 6th and it hasn't arrived yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rocket Salad said:

How big is the item?

I got Knicks a shirt in 7days last week.  My BIL ordered the XT 1X group set on the 6th and it hasn't arrived yet.

Looking at a crankset or two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took me two weeks for a bottom bracket to arrive frm CRC.

However, the issue here wasn't really chain reaciton, but Australia Post. They're really slow at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dazmuzza said:

 

 but Australia Post. They're really slow at the moment. 

Yep! I got some stuff from Europe landed in Perth in about 3 or 4 days from memory...then 7 days from Perth to Karratha with Aus post......currently waiting on some swimming gear ordered from the UK on the 8th July, still cant track it down yet apart form left UK then will be on forwarded to Aus Post..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep Aus post are freaking useless especially when packages are going out to the bush 

 

crc shipping my stuff today (which took 3 days ) will see how long it takes to get to me out in the sticks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in Brisbane, and have watched a parcel from Bikebug arrived in Brisbane last week, then randomly head back to NSW, only to come back to Brisbane yesterday. Still waiting on delivery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A while back I ordered a groupset from CRC in England on Friday afternoon. I was beginning assembly on the bike Tuesday. Couldn't fault Aus Post or Royal Mail on that one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

A while back I ordered a groupset from CRC in England on Friday afternoon. I was beginning assembly on the bike Tuesday. Couldn't fault Aus Post or Royal Mail on that one.

How long is "a while back" Ex

we all know u are old , and maybe that's when Aus post was good !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ironpo said:

How long is "a while back" Ex

we all know u are old , and maybe that's when Aus post was good !!

5 years ago? Not quite PMG days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/07/2017 at 1:25 AM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

A while back I ordered a groupset from CRC in England on Friday afternoon. I was beginning assembly on the bike Tuesday. Couldn't fault Aus Post or Royal Mail on that one.

I'm pretty sure you didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FatPom said:

I'm pretty sure you didn't.

:lol:

I get it, begorra. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, FatPom said:

I'm pretty sure you didn't.

No different than calling Tasmania Australia is it? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

No different than calling Tasmania Australia is it? :)

I have some relatives that would disagree "with prejudice" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

No different than calling Tasmania Australia is it? :)

Find a tattooed bouncer that say 'chups' and tell them they're from Australia. Let me know how that works out :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, roxii said:

I have some relatives that would disagree "with prejudice" 

Tasmanian relatives? Is that an aunt, who's also your cousin, and your sister in law?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in Australia on Wednesday and happy to chase any of these up for anyone that are with our local mail carrier, just pm me a tracking number on Wednesday

I know last time this came up, every single person that took up the offer got sorted - there was one.... lol 

No guarantees obviously but if you feel the service standard has fallen over, pm me.  

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, roxii said:

Here's another hint 

IMG_6845.JPG

What's shuffla doing at CRC??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oompa Loompa said:

Back in Australia on Wednesday and happy to chase any of these up for anyone that are with our local mail carrier, just pm me a tracking number on Wednesday

I know last time this came up, every single person that took up the offer got sorted - there was one.... lol 

No guarantees obviously but if you feel the service standard has fallen over, pm me.  

 

 

 

 

Mate there is no IF the service standard has fallen is buy how much it has fallen

i just picked up a package from canyon Germany,  4 days from Germany to country vic

Im still waiting for a "express post" that was sent 4 days ago and it's only going from Melb to country vic

 

aus post is a joke and if they don't pick up,their game the private dudes will put them out of Buisness in three years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ironpo said:

Mate there is no IF the service standard has fallen is buy how much it has fallen

i just picked up a package from canyon Germany,  4 days from Germany to country vic

Im still waiting for a "express post" that was sent 4 days ago and it's only going from Melb to country vic

 

aus post is a joke and if they don't pick up,their game the private dudes will put them out of Buisness in three years 

PM me Wednesday if you still don't have it, can't do much from where I am at the moment. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/07/2017 at 8:31 AM, Rocket Salad said:

How big is the item?

I got Knicks a shirt in 7days last week.  My BIL ordered the XT 1X group set on the 6th and it hasn't arrived yet.

His xt group arrived Thursday the 20th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rocket Salad said:

His xt group arrived Thursday the 20th.

That's cool then, he got it. 

IP, if you want to PM me anyway if you have been having ongoing problems, do so and I'll get the path looked at when I get back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, I can't say I've had many issues at all with Aus Post (other than the local contractor). I sell a lot of tropical plants, and post the rhizomes in prepaid plastic sachets. I keep an eye on them through the tracking website, and really, if it's going intercapital, it generally takes 2 days, and if regional, 3 or 4. I've hardly ever seen it go outside those times. I've never had one go missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

To be honest, I can't say I've had many issues at all with Aus Post (other than the local contractor). I sell a lot of tropical plants, and post the rhizomes in prepaid plastic sachets. I keep an eye on them through the tracking website, and really, if it's going intercapital, it generally takes 2 days, and if regional, 3 or 4. I've hardly ever seen it go outside those times. I've never had one go missing.

Maybe you have a good "path" as OL calls it

it takes over a week if I post a letter to my next door neighbor 

i posted a letter from Albury (huge major  country town on the Hume freeway) to Melb  and it still hasn't arrived 6 days later

also recently I had something seNt from Noosa to me in country Vic and it took 4 weeks

most of the stuff I order from OS gets to oz in a few days and then if it's going via OZ post it can take we  2 weeks to get to me from where it lands either Syd or Melb 

its getting beyond a joke up our way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought something on ebay. Tracking says it was recived by Aus post facility June 22 and processed through on June 23. Still no sign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turts said:

I bought something on ebay. Tracking says it was recived by Aus post facility June 22 and processed through on June 23. Still no sign

Where does tracking say it is now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Where does tracking say it is now?

Last updated june 23, sunshine west, vic. Ive had stuff take 3 days from sunshine, but not 3 weeks

20170723_183307.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im going to follow up at the post office tomorrow. Been a bit laid up lately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ironpo said:

Maybe you have a good "path" as OL calls it

it takes over a week if I post a letter to my next door neighbor 

i posted a letter from Albury (huge major  country town on the Hume freeway) to Melb  and it still hasn't arrived 6 days later

also recently I had something seNt from Noosa to me in country Vic and it took 4 weeks

most of the stuff I order from OS gets to oz in a few days and then if it's going via OZ post it can take we  2 weeks to get to me from where it lands either Syd or Melb 

its getting beyond a joke up our way

I sent you a PM

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Turts said:

Im going to follow up at the post office tomorrow. Been a bit laid up lately. 

If you get nowhere, PM me wednesday,

Edited by Oompa Loompa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oompa Loompa said:

I sent you a PM

Thanks mate

i got it , I'll give it a few more days , otherwise I'll take up your offer

thanks for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oompa Loompa said:

If you get nowhere, PM me wednesday,

Thanks mate, will let u know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been having similar issues with Aus Post lately. Two packages in the last two weeks have sat for 5 or 6 days in processing plants in Brisbane without being sent to my parcel locker (alos in Brisbane!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2017 at 3:44 PM, Turts said:

I bought something on ebay. Tracking says it was recived by Aus post facility June 22 and processed through on June 23. Still no sign

 

Post Office was useless. 

Rang instead. Straight away they said because of the time that has passed, they will write it off as lost, and issue a "discretionary refund"to the seller.  

Seller gave me a refund before I even told them today. 

So, got my money back, but no item.   No problem - will just order it again!  Lucky it wasn't something importnt though - just pedal straps for $25.   And it was only coming from Sydney!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Turts said:

 

Post Office was useless. 

Rang instead. Straight away they said because of the time that has passed, they will write it off as lost, and issue a "discretionary refund"to the seller.  

Seller gave me a refund before I even told them today. 

So, got my money back, but no item.   No problem - will just order it again!  Lucky it wasn't something importnt though - just pedal straps for $25.   And it was only coming from Sydney!

So what happens if this was something important or not replaceable 

again bloody hopeless and getting worse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got my stuff today from crc , took about 10 days 

also got my express post from MELB 5days to country Vic !!! Not really express 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ironpo said:

So what happens if this was something important or not replaceable 

again bloody hopeless and getting worse 

Exactly.  They say its great if its tracked. Doesnt always help! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know about CRC, but the cables that were part of a wiggle order but shipped separately on 1/9 and were refunded 2 months ago have just arrived :o

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Order items last Friday afternoon....arrived today in Sydney....

yeah...cant complain about that....might be habit forming to shop there more often...

oh and saved $140 from what these item is in local shop...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, zed said:

They're owned by wiggle now aren't they? 

They are owned by the same people that own Wiggle (Bridgeport Capital)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×