Sign in to follow this  
Facta

Sour Grapes or worth calling the Champ out?

Bored@work    1,495

It's up to the race organizers to call her up on the no show.  If it's in her contract & there is a non-compliance, they can deal with it.

Not everycontract is the same.  

She may have requested an exemption.

ironpo    2,839
4 hours ago, Bored@work said:

It's up to the race organizers to call her up on the no show.  If it's in her contract & there is a non-compliance, they can deal with it.

Not everycontract is the same.  

She may have requested an exemption.

Spot on

if she had it in her contract then she would have shown up 

Cat Lady    301

According to her Facebook comment, (ryf) , all the commitments and appearances challenge required of her are set down weeks in advance and she met everyone of them.  It appears the parties she "didn't attend" were not part of her contract.  She indicated that when she had finished her career she will be more than happy to "party".

• Like 3

Peter    1,611
8 hours ago, AP said:

No-one is bigger than the sport or the rules 

7 hours ago, The Customer said:

Tell that to Alister Brownlee :D

They way some of you are going on, you'd think that elite athletes never put themselves first or something.

Gee. Brownlee has never won Kona. He is nothing in this sport. 

Ryf is the all time best. 

Esoteric    514

Sutto has traditionally run private parties for his female athletes. The press and public are not invited. 

Greyman    317

TC, no need to defend Sutto and his ways. We are all aware of how he manages his athletes. What you inferred was his camp or team brings great exposure and value to the race. I countered on that point. I believe that there are many other groups who provide just as much, if not more, value to the race. It's all history now. Time to look forward to next year and the Collins Cup comp.

bored@ work, you're right that the race organisation should have called her out. But Felix who runs Challenge is a smart business man and clever operator. He has let this play out amongst the pro peer group and on social media. none of which has caused Ryf to spit the dummy and refuse to race Roth again. 

ironpo    2,839
57 minutes ago, Greyman said:

bored@ work, you're right that the race organisation should have called her out. But Felix who runs Challenge is a smart business man and clever operator. He has let this play out amongst the pro peer group and on social media. none of which has caused Ryf to spit the dummy and refuse to race Roth again. 

Did u miss this post GM ? Don't let the facts get in the way of a good "story"

3 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

According to her Facebook comment, (ryf) , all the commitments and appearances challenge required of her are set down weeks in advance and she met everyone of them.  It appears the parties she "didn't attend" were not part of her contract.  She indicated that when she had finished her career she will be more than happy to "party".

willie    637

So what I get from this is...

Ryf is smart and negotiated her contract prior to the event. She can do this because she's got the runs on the board. I'd say she got paid more appearance fees then most other made total including appearance/prize money and sponsor performance bonuses. 

VV is having a sooking because her contract was different and maybe she thought they'd all be the same. She doesn't have the power or runs on the board to dictate terms like Ryf. She's jealous of Ryf. 

Challenge can't thank VV enough for creating drama and providing some great coverage for all of to talk about. Given that other iron distance was on the same day and I couldn't tell you who won there in the men is indication of how much I cares about that one. The drama of Roth has been gold. 

• Like 4

Greyman    317

IP, no story, you missed the point. 

AP    1,596
On 14/07/2017 at 0:47 PM, willie said:

She doesn't have the power or runs on the board to dictate terms like Ryf. She's jealous of Ryf. 

This is the basis of the whole thing - out here in the big wide world - who gives a ---- :lol:

RunBrettRun    1,363
On 7/14/2017 at 6:51 PM, Greyman said:

IP, no story, you missed the point. 

He isn't the only one...

You said Felix should have called her out.  On what exactly? She did everything expected of her in HER contract. 

• Like 1

The Customer    1,321
3 hours ago, AP said:

This is the basis of the whole thing - out here in the big wide world - who gives a ---- :lol:

What are they saying about in India?

• Like 1

Peter    1,611

I'm shocked AP is in India.

I thought he only ever did Kona.

Must be his MRS doing a horse event. 

ironpo    2,839
Just now, Peter said:

I'm shocked AP is in India.

I thought he only ever did Kona.

Must be his MRS doing a horse event. 

Nah 

he has gone there to put in for a scaffolding contract 

AP    1,596
53 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Oh it's big - could change the face of the whole sport as we know it :lol:

GSP    209
1 hour ago, The Customer said:

Heh, I'm in India right now (Hyderabad to be exact...).  I'm not hearing anything about this topic.  I'll check the Tuk Tuk mafia who have the pulse and report back.  Stay tuned.

• Like 1

FatPom    2,321
5 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

He isn't the only one...

You said Felix should have called her out.  On what exactly? She did everything expected of her in HER contract. 

I'm not a fan of YVK at all but did Ryfs contract say she could warm up longer than anyone else? 

With regards to the other stuff, I look at it like this. You can stay at the office longer than your allotted hours but if your output is less than someone who leaves at 5.00 on the dot, then what are you achieveing?