ironpo

Congratulations, You've Qualified for Age Group Nationals

looks like its  even easier to get onto the Olympic distance WC  than it is getting into the half IM worlds 

Congratulations ironpo You have qualified for the Olympic-distance race at the 2017 USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships on Aug. 12 in Omaha, Nebraska, based on your race score from the Ultraman World Championships. For more information, please check out

Registration is now open. To register, look for an email invitation with the registration link to hit your inbox within the next business day. If you do not see an email in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder before contacting USA Triathlon.

If you would like to participate in the Sprint National Championships on Aug. 13 in Omaha – either in addition to, or lieu of, the Olympic-distance race – simply click the button below as there is no qualification required for that race.

The USA Triathlon Olympic-Distance National Championships race is the nation’s premier amateur Olympic-distance event with top athletes from all 50 states forming one of the most prestigious age-group fields in the sport. The top 18 finishers from each age group will also automatically qualify to represent Team USA at the 2018 International Triathlon Union (ITU) Age Group World Championships in Gold Coast, Australia. The dates of the 2018 ITU World Championships will be announced next year, and additional information will be added to the Team USA website.

For more information on the 2017 USA Triathlon Olympic-Distance National Championships, please visit www.usatriathlon.org/nationalchampionships. Please note: Athletes must be current USA Triathlon annual members through Aug. 12, 2017, in order to register. You may register or renew your membership at www.usatriathlon.org.

As you make travel plans, be sure to click on the below link to access exclusive member discounts available only from these official USA Triathlon partners:

Click here for more information

Questions? Email NationalEvents@usatriathlon.org.

Edited by ironpo

Does a oly distance even count as a warm up for you these days?

(And who would you be representing, Aust/Hawaii/USA? considering that it is USA Triathlon offering the slot...)

Dont you just enter aussie age group nationals like any other race too?

36 minutes ago, Cape_Horn said:

Does a oly distance even count as a warm up for you these days?

(And who would you be representing, Aust/Hawaii/USA? considering that it is USA Triathlon offering the slot...)

Hawaii for sure

I got one of these too (from hawaii 70.3). Assumed it was spam, but not much chance of me going on a "holiday" to Nebraska...

An OD is what IP does when he has early morning lawns to mow!

• Like 2

Shit yeah.  Take it and then ask companies to sponsor you because your going to the world champs.  It doesn't matter if you have not tried their product or know what it is.  Your going to the world champs and now your a legend and everyone should sponsor you. 

Sorry guys.  I just had to get that off my chest.  The above applies for if you are turning Pro at anything as well.  I'm sorry.  I had to get that off my chest again.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Infinit Jase said:

Your going to the world champs and now your a legend and everyone should sponsor you. 

Look, I usually use Tailwind, but I'm willing to let you sponsor me :D

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Infinit Jase said:

Shit yeah.  Take it and then ask companies to sponsor you because your going to the world champs.  It doesn't matter if you have not tried their product or know what it is.  Your going to the world champs and now your a legend and everyone should sponsor you. 

Sorry guys.  I just had to get that off my chest.  The above applies for if you are turning Pro at anything as well.  I'm sorry.  I had to get that off my chest again.

Had a few requests lately have you?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Infinit Jase said:

Jase! Have i got an offer for you!

Ive qualified for the worlds and would be happy to have you sponsor me (in cash). I know ur product, use it, and have even spoken to you on the phone! 

Awesome! You're a super-dude!!

(Joke joyce)

That is SO funny.  Yep I have had every man and his dog ask for sponsorship in the last couple of weeks.  I don't mind it when the guys genuinely like my product and really need some help. 

I had exactly that Tyno a couple of weeks ago.  Sponsored by a different nutrition company but wants to swap over to us.  Never tried us before.  Bahahahaha.  I love my wife.  She is so funny with reply's in a nice way.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Tyno said:

Look, I usually use Tailwind, but I'm willing to let you sponsor me :D

Yeah. Me too! ... I even use the stuff! !