Ex-Hasbeen

Tour de France Tipping Contest

Notsofast    132

Shit, I am winning .....................................

Can't see it lasting long.

Cheers

NSF

Ex-Hasbeen    3,874

3rd last.

I really don't know why I organise these things. Maybe some masochistic tendencies that I can't fulfill through training any more?

Peter    1,611

I selected cav becuase he was cheap. Now i know why. 

Ex-Hasbeen    3,874
3 minutes ago, Peter said:

I selected cav becuase he was cheap. Now i know why. 

I doubt he'll get past the 3 x HC climbs on Sunday, if he even gets that far.

Naut    503

I picked the other Sagan because he was cheap. Hoping for assist points.

Peter    1,611

I tried something new this year picking the mountains and young rider along with Froome.

Slowman    238

I have 3 bets for the mountains/GC, Froome, Porte and Chaves - hoping to come good as we go through the mountains.

Buggeracup    133

Sagan and Dan Martin are doing all the damage for me so far. Got a few chances for breakaway wins once we hit some hills as well. Well placed at the moment.

Go Easy    1,216

Didn't really seem to be enough in this incident to DQ Sagan, but it's good to see them take a tougher stance on this stuff.  I've done the 'over the bars' summersault thing from hitting fallen riders in a sprint finish and it ain't much fun.

Ex-Hasbeen    3,874

I'm launching an appeal on Sagan's DQ. I'm currently 2nd last, and he's scored 3/4 of my points. I can't see a late run for the podium like in the Giro. 

There was never going to be room for Cav up there. Bloody whinging poms.

-H-    618

When I first read about it, it sounded like Cav was trying to squeeze through a gap that wasn't there, but now that I've seen it I think Sagan was definitely n the wrong. Cav was already there when Sagan moved across on him. DQ does seem unusual though, relegation would be the standard punishment, wouldn't it? Maybe the elbow was the nail in the coffin.

Go Easy    1,216

Yeah, the elbow wouldn't have helped, but it's probably more of a reaction to the impact.  It's not really that unusual in a sprint finish.  To be honest, I'd be more concerned about the way Arnaud Demare (the winner of the stage) swerved violently to the left during the sprint when he had a perfectly good line straight ahead of him.  It's that sort of unnecessary movement in the pack that causes incidents so in my opinion that should be a DQ!

• Like 1

Peter    1,611
14 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I'm launching an appeal on Sagan's DQ. I'm currently 2nd last, and he's scored 3/4 of my points. I can't see a late run for the podium like in the Giro. 

There was never going to be room for Cav up there. Bloody whinging poms.

All his points should be deleted. Haha

i hope cav keeps going. 

Kittel for green now. Spewin i dont have him. 

Peter    1,611
8 minutes ago, tortoise said:

And Cav is out with a broken shoulder. A good call on the DQ. 

Shit 

Go Easy    1,216

On a different note, does somebody want to suggest the best mountain stage for a TDF night.  I haven't really checked the course out this year but usually have a few friends over to watch one of the mountain stages on a Friday or Saturday night.

Ex-Hasbeen    3,874
11 minutes ago, Go Easy said:

On a different note, does somebody want to suggest the best mountain stage for a TDF night.  I haven't really checked the course out this year but usually have a few friends over to watch one of the mountain stages on a Friday or Saturday night.

This Sunday has 7 x Categorised climbs, 3 of which are HC, but it isn't a mountain top finish. 

Thursday next week has 6 x climbs, and finishes with HC, descent, CAT1, short descent for a CAT2 climb to the finish. It could lead to an aggressive major climb then descent, then exciting Cat1 & 2 finish.

The last Thursday a good finish climb up the Col d'Izoard.

A lot of the value of these stages will depend upon how the GC is panning out. The first 2 are likely to be good, but the 3rd will be a blinder if the GC riders are still close. With an ITT 2 days later as the 2nd last stage and the only other chance to change the GC standings, they'll either be defending or attacking. Hopefully the latter.

• Like 1

Cape_Horn    176

(finally remembered to join the league)

And it looks like my team will do what they did in the Giro - sit top 3 until halfway through the last week, then tank...

Kenneth    123
On 04/07/2017 at 8:16 AM, Kenneth said:

Sagan worth every cent (point?) at the moment.

I'm cursed. 

Notsofast    132
4 hours ago, Peter said:

All his points should be deleted. Haha

i hope cav keeps going. 

Kittel for green now. Spewin i dont have him. 

I have him :lol:

Ex-Hasbeen    3,874
6 hours ago, Go Easy said:

Yeah, the elbow wouldn't have helped, but it's probably more of a reaction to the impact. 

OK, I may be biased, but I just had a frame by frame look at the incident. The elbow comes out after they made contact. Cav was already well & truly on his way down by the time it gets out to a noticeable point. But I can't imagine that wasn't brought up in the discussions before the decision.

roxii    4,113

Yeah it was unfortunate but I think Cav was shooting for a hole that eventually wasnt there.

I think if it was V8 supercars it would be called a racing incident.

At first view in full speed it looks like the elbow is the cause but in slo-mo the elbow looks to be more Sagan trying to stay upright after Cav leaning into him. 

Id be OK if they overturned Sagans DQ, but dont think they will.