Sign in to follow this  
IronmanFoz

Australian Survivor

20 hours ago, Peter said:

A actually think the last australia one was better than most yank ones.

I'd say it is equal to most series, it's definitely come along way since the first season that Channel 9 aired around a decade ago.  I'd also like to see an All Stars version, unfortunately their biggest market of the USofA is never going to like seeing any version where one of them is not guaranteed of winning.  The cultural differences between the different nationalities would take it to a whole new level.

Survivor and Amazing Race are the only 2 'reality' series worth watching IMO, current Australian season of AR is also great

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:31 AM, Cottoneyes said:

I'd say it is equal to most series, it's definitely come along way since the first season that Channel 9 aired around a decade ago.  I'd also like to see an All Stars version, unfortunately their biggest market of the USofA is never going to like seeing any version where one of them is not guaranteed of winning.  The cultural differences between the different nationalities would take it to a whole new level.

Survivor and Amazing Race are the only 2 'reality' series worth watching IMO, current Australian season of AR is also great

Amazing race is a poor cousin....does anyone actually watch it. Its painful in my view. Half an epiode was all I cold muster. 

Edited by IronmanFoz
Typo's

5 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Amazing race is a poor cousin....does anyone actually watch it. Its painful in my view. Half an epiode was all I cold muster. 

The problem with amazing race is a bad taxi driver can lose you the race.  

And why the Fark would you go on it if you are either scared of heights, can’t drive a manual car or are a picky eater?  Being unfit too is dumb. 

• Like 2

Wife and kids love Amazing Race, I enjoy it but don't love it as much as them.  That is more than I can say for most of the other reality crap she enjoys watching.

Where on earth did they find the host for the Aussie Amazing Race? He sounds like some work experience bogan from channel 31??

1 hour ago, more said:

Where on earth did they find the host for the Aussie Amazing Race? He sounds like some work experience bogan from channel 31??

An ex rugby league player who ....."apparently" has talent. Oh dear!!!

1 hour ago, more said:

I actually don't mind him.

Better than Rove or Eddie or Andrew OKeefe

7 hours ago, Peter said:

I actually don't mind him.

Better than Rove or Eddie or Andrew OKeefe

Thats a given.... Rove is the worst person on TV followed by AOK. 

Eddie i can live with. 

I remember there were rumours of Rove being the Survivor host.... He would have killed the franchise...... I think they nailed it with Jonathon LaPaglia... he does a good job.

Edited by IronmanFoz

Agree.  I am so over the same people on tv shows. New talent is needed. 

4 hours ago, Peter said:

Agree.  I am so over the same people on tv shows. New talent is needed. 

I think everyone is. Maybe that’s why Beau Ryan got the gig.

Does anyone remember Rove doing a new Saturday night show earlier this year. I saw the ads and told my kids it will be lucky to survive 3 weeks. I think it got 2. 

The only part of it I saw was a review on GoggleBox and they were not kind at all.

Its why Goggle box works too. 

Not the usual suspects. 

I often think morning tv has this issue.  

Its the same 10 people. Its why Everyone loved Karl when he started. He wasn’t the same cookie cutter host. 

Now they have gone the other way with all women. And the token bloke.  Kochie.  

The same thing happened with the footy shows.  Probably 200 guys retire from afl nrl each year and they can’t fine 2 new guys each year? 

Australian tv has a major issue. 

Two points of order. First, the guy on Australian Amazing Race is doing his best not to copy the Phil.. The Survivor guy is trying to be a carbon copy of Jeff. 

On the subject of seasons, I'm up to 8 of the Aussie version and whilst entertaining, it's 25 years behind the aamerican version with respect to strategy. Island of the idols was all wtf from vote one. This Aussie season has been very predictable.