Sign in to follow this  
IronmanFoz

Australian Survivor

I follow her on twitter.

Her run across India was epic.

She hasn't posted anything since the end of March, I guess i know why now.

Wouldn't be surprised if Nine puts the Ninja program on constant ad repeat up against it this year, no doubt there will be more than 1 triathlete in that

On 6/25/2017 at 8:41 AM, IronmanFoz said:

Anyone going to watch and does anyone know Samantha Gash (32) from Victoria - Ultra distance/Endurance athlete.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/the-tribe-has-spoken-the-full-24-cast-of-the-next-series-of-australian-survivor-here/news-story/26904c5f9ad5351f62292b25c6edf0fd

No wont be watching, even though Nicole Zagame is a local girl. I may be be overruled by the kids though as daughter goes to Nicole's old school. 

As much as I like Ninja Warrior, I'm over it now as I've been watching since SBS first aired it many years ago alongside Unbeatable Banzuke (now that was a show!!!), there are some pretty decent athletic specimens on there, kudos to them, but its much the same stuff. 

2 hours ago, roxii said:

No wont be watching, even though Nicole Zagame is a local girl. I may be be overruled by the kids though as daughter goes to Nicole's old school. 

Ex local / shire girl....she's eastern suburbs these days....

I better watch it a bit...no doubt will hear about it a bit next time am out on her old man's yacht...

Sam is pretty well suited to the game; astute, affable, intelligent, athletic, strong and wouldn't be the least phased by the physical adversity.....................so a prime candidate for being voted out early.

Hope she does (did) well. I'll be watching.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Nine puts the Ninja program on constant ad repeat up against it this year, no doubt there will be more than 1 triathlete in that

Ninja Warrior is far better suited to rock climbers and parkour enthusiasts. It requires agility, balance, coordination, upper body strength/endurance, explosive speed, none of which is particularly demanded by triathlon.

13 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

Ninja Warrior is far better suited to rock climbers and parkour enthusiasts. It requires agility, balance, coordination, upper body strength/endurance, explosive speed, none of which is particularly demanded by triathlon.

that's the requirements to probably be the winner, however to want to give it a go and have applied there has to be a certain amount of alpha about you which covers more than a few triathletes

Who is watching this?

Mark the former SAS dude has a active wear fashion line - Kill_Kapture. His marque leather jacket line will set you back $1500 (he wore it to tribal council last night). One of his fashion 'models' is none other than the current US Secretary of Defense - Gen. James Mattias ...

Edited by Andrew #1

Yeah am watching it....Ziggy is the daughter of a good mate of mine, so find myself watching it to see how she goes.....

Love the Grandpa guy...he is pretty cool...

So ultra marathoner Sam has wrapped herself (literally) around SAS Mark and don't the other women in the tribe hate it. Of course the sisters have it in for Sam (the hussy) and not Mark. It kills me how women treat other women ... mind you it also kills Mark's strategy of keeping a low profile lol

10 hours ago, Shrek said:

Yeah am watching it....Ziggy is the daughter of a good mate of mine, so find myself watching it to see how she goes.....

Love the Grandpa guy...he is pretty cool...

Grandpa Tarzan nearly crushed Ziggy in that challenge & didnt Lockie go off at him. Unintentional and I don't think he was to blame. More like bad challenge design by the producers. 'Elf & safety nightmare ...

13 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

Grandpa Tarzan nearly crushed Ziggy in that challenge & didnt Lockie go off at him. Unintentional and I don't think he was to blame. More like bad challenge design by the producers. 'Elf & safety nightmare ...

Yeah the love hate between tarzan and lockie...too funny....

Ziggy quietly remaining in the background of the politics...and doing Ok in the challenges...

24 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Yeah the love hate between tarzan and lockie...too funny....

Ziggy quietly remaining in the background of the politics...and doing Ok in the challenges...

Loved how Tarzan niggled Lockie over the shelter build after Lockie did a couple hours flexing for all the girls benefit ... gold

I hope they break up the tribes soon - before Lockie's angels can crush Tarzan ...

I also hope fake yoga gets nailed before his posse gets rid of Sam on the other tribe.

one other thing - SAS Mark seems like the real deal but something seems not quite right with his backstory... can't work it out yet ...

I didn't quite get how Mark got beaten so easily in the one on one challenge on Monday night - twice.  I take it you know the SAS story is true, because I had some doubts at that point

Tarzan's honesty is great, would love to see him get a run on a yank version in the future - that would be entertaining

1 hour ago, Cottoneyes said:

I didn't quite get how Mark got beaten so easily in the one on one challenge on Monday night - twice.  I take it you know the SAS story is true, because I had some doubts at that point

Tarzan's honesty is great, would love to see him get a run on a yank version in the future - that would be entertaining

Yeah - he seems to have gotten quite a bit of press before survivor because of his clothing line. Seems connected. His firebuilding was excellent. I wouldn't put much on the fact he got outwrestled by a 6'4" gorilla like Lochie ... but ... Dunno, he just reminds me a bit of the Sean Bean character from Ronin ...

26 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

Yeah - he seems to have gotten quite a bit of press before survivor because of his clothing line. Seems connected. His firebuilding was excellent. I wouldn't put much on the fact he got outwrestled by a 6'4" gorilla like Lochie ... but ... Dunno, he just reminds me a bit of the Sean Bean character from Ronin ...

Actually I'm just waiting for Jonathan LaPaligia to ask Mark "What colour is the boathouse at Campbell Barracks" ?

I haven't watched much of it, crit for last night's episode...... but what I have seen, Tarzan is one cool dude.

But I can't work out what his desk was last night?  All I can think I'd that he wanted to go home! I mean, sure he gave the idol to the girl because they all said they were voting for her, but surely he knew they would split the vote to protect themselves. And then, at the end you see that he actually chief for her too, rather than Lochie as he told her they should.

I can only think that he wanted to leave.... Makes no sense. Can't see how that team is gonna win a challenge now. But the show just got a hell of a lot more boring.

AK! Breathing life back into this series. For someone who started off as a complete blow hard, he really turned his own fortunes around. Props

Yep, and I can't wait to see all the bitching and back stabbing talk next week, when that is exactly what they themselves were doing. It was pretty funny watching Lachie being the week link in the challenge with Tessa, she was looking strong.  But their faces were worth the price of admission!

Loving it.... Great episode tonight. And that Aime, shit.......she had nothing between the ears and rough as guts too.

cant wait to see that Tara get the boot. So inconsistent in everything she says.

And you could see in the preview for next week that Tara was going on about how stand up she's been, yet planned to stab AK in the back.  I generally find the more a person tells you that they are honest and stand up, the least they in fact are.  It's like they have to convince themselves by hearing it said a lot, even if by them!

OMG Aimee really is Kelly Bundy!  When she made that first comment indicating that things might not be so solid...... and Lachie's and Tara's faces were priceless!  So was Tessa's........ I think Tess and AK did a fantastic job of the poker face during that council.... gave nothing away.  It was one of the better episode finishes I think I've ever seen.  And now to see the other three playing to save themselves.  

On 8/7/2017 at 8:31 AM, goughy said:

but what I have seen, Tarzan is one cool dude.

He was at the cafe near my work today.

I didn't ask for an autograph.

If just being a cool dude was all that was required to be hassled for autographs, I'd have people queued up at my place all day long...

• Haha 1

I'm watching on speed play. Never watch tribal. Straight to result. And watch challenges. 

The 42 minute USA version is much better than the 75 min Aussie. 

And why are the people so skinny when it starts?  

39 days or whatever it is sees them drop the kegs 

2 hours ago, Peter said:

And why are the people so skinny when it starts?  

39 days or whatever it is sees them drop the kegs 

Except for Kent. He must have his own sekrit stash of cookies (or Whale blubber), cause I'm sure the dude has actually put on weight in the first three weeks ...

They were saying tonight that he's lost a lot around his gut. Lotsa loose skin I guess.

Kent was reasonably trim back when I used to go bike racing and triathloning with him in Adelaide. I haven't been watching survivor but I've seen some promo pics and didn't even recognize him at first.  I hope he doesn't read this.

I thought it was pretty funny when Jac went last night, and Kent wasn't happy.  Neither was she, just striding off.

2 hours ago, goughy said:

I thought it was pretty funny when Jac went last night, and Kent wasn't happy.  Neither was she, just striding off.

Her and her 'fake yoga' instructor, Henry's strategy of banding together all the weaklings was always going to backfire, if for no other reason than it shifted the power to the other tribe in Immunity Challenges. Her neurotic move on SAS Mark was a case of the tribe cutting off its strong right hand with its left. ...

Lols on her for trusting Henry, who Lachie seems have fallen in total Bro-love with over on the other tribe. Will be interesting to see whether they can break the AK Alliance there. ...

Henry is shitting himself. That's what happens when you form an alliance based solely on weak and paranoid personalities ... 

• Like 1

I do love watching these people who think they are running things get their comeuppance. Look at last year.... The crazy nutbag won it. Not that we've watched it for many years now, but I'm sure in the end, we used to see the generally decent person winning it. Yes tactical, but usually not the full of themselves wankers.

Now to see when Luke gets his....

I told clikchic (since she's now a member, I don't have to just say "my wife") that Kent is only 5 years older than me..... that made me feel old!

1 hour ago, goughy said:

I told clikchic (since she's now a member, I don't have to just say "my wife") that Kent is only 5 years older than me..... that made me feel old!

Are you 61?  Kent looks 66. 

• Haha 1

Kent is 51!

And when I said that to clikchic, she said he looks 15 years older than that!

12 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I thought it was you, when I first saw him.

I did like his words

"Every group has a dickhead.  If you look around and don't see the dickhead, it's probably you."

I was out last night and only caught a few minutes of last night's episode. It seemed like the producers decided to mix up the tribes with the sole purpose of breaking up AK's alliance. Pretty lame. Why not just kick him off at the beginning of the episode and be done with it:

"Sorry dude, you are playing too well and that offends the bogan demographic. We gotta save Tara again to appease our One Nation base".

The split into the 2 teams was through blind selection of new buffs Andrew, so not sure how they could have fixed it.  Personally thought the final vote would have been alot closer, but good to see a few at least are onto Luke

Yeah, Luke drives me crazy with all his guff. Is he Aussie, or from Queens or the Bronx?  He doesn't have just cards on himself, he's got a whole pack of Uno cards......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

The split into the 2 teams was through blind selection of new buffs Andrew, so not sure how they could have fixed it.  Personally thought the final vote would have been alot closer, but good to see a few at least are onto Luke

Yeah my wife told me about the blind selection but if - as was obvious - the idea was to break AK - then it didn't matter so long as he was deprived of at least two members of person alliance ...

I agree with with the producers breaking up super tribes but not punishing strong players - which is what happened last night pure and simple. Also unnecessary given that Lachie and Henry were still in operation. 

Edited by Andrew #1