Sign in to follow this  
Cat Lady

Townsville Triathlon - general advice needed

So I'm thinking of making a weekend away with the other half of this event.  Fly in Friday night do the tri Saturday morning then spend the rest of the weekend doing nice relaxing things.  Main question is I have no idea what one can do in the short time frame available. Any locals with suggestions.  Also recommendations for accommodation for the Friday night? Thanks.

13 hours ago, Buggeracup said:

Yep, go to Cairns!

The only good thing to ever come out of Townsville is the Bruce Hwy!

Yep I'm from Tsv and agree, I'm currently here on holidays after IM Cairns, nothing excites me about being here although I did the ship to shore swim today with the open water swim club. Was beautiful weather for it, and didn't  get eaten by any of our resident crocs!

IMG_4001.PNG

IMG_4005.JPG

IMG_4006.JPG

IMG_4007.JPG

IMG_4008.JPG

IMG_4009.PNG

• Like 1

Have been in Townsville for the last month for work and It has surprised me.  I wouldn't live here permanently. but no problems short term.  Any of the Accom on Palmer St, is close to all you need.  Some snorkelling over on Magnetic Island is enjoyable.   Some areas of town are best avoided after dark.

• Like 1

I booked with AirBnB

Last time we were there - we visited Magnetic Island. We are flying up Friday , coming back Saturday night

I'm planning to drive up on the Friday, staying at "Aquarius on the Beach" on the Strand - looks like walking distance (I hate porta loos)

• Like 1