Cranky

Bike shipping from Brisbane to Sydney

Cranky    891

I have a friend who is selling her son's bike and she has someone in Sydney who is interested in it. She is in Brisbane. What's the best way to get it from Brisbane to Sydney? Do you think it is worth it or is there a risk of damage? Is she better off just waiting for a buyer in Brisbane?

zed    752

My new BMC was shipped from Adelaide to Perth using StarTrack, it was quick, 4 days but there was a reasonable amount of damage to the cardboard box including one large hole, no damage to the bike, but that was down to luck. 

ironpo    2,764
3 hours ago, Cranky said:

I have a friend who is selling her son's bike and she has someone in Sydney who is interested in it. She is in Brisbane. What's the best way to get it from Brisbane to Sydney? Do you think it is worth it or is there a risk of damage? Is she better off just waiting for a buyer in Brisbane?

How much is your "friends" bike worth ?

if it's not selling for more than 1k then not worth the drama of  shipping and sell local 

mhvh    89

I have sold numerous  (5+) bikes interstate.  I used e-go couriers have had no problems.  I get a box from the bike shop pack it up and off it goes.  $45 Bris to Syd. Have bought many bikes and had them shipped via e- go too. Nil issues 

Edited by mhvh
Spelling