Sign in to follow this  
monkie

Bike for IMNZ

monkie    173

The wedding is paid for! Hooray! New bike?

So I have a duathlon coming up but focus to September is going sub 3 in Sydney marathon... then it turns to my first full which is going to be IMNZ in 2018. I currently ride a 2012 P2. I love it, it's my baby... However.... always keen to buy a new bike... would an aero road bike with clip on bars be a better bet from those that know the course? Not really interested in getting a new TT bike because I have yet to perfect the motor but tri vs road is something I would consider as also need a new commute bike...

Thoughts appreciated.

Monkie

monkie    173
6 minutes ago, pieman said:

Tt bike all the way for that course.. 

Looks like I'm sticking with the old gal! For background I should say I'm nowwhere near FoP but solidly MoP... looking to go sub 11 on the full... can do sub 2:30 Oly and managed 5:03 for a half...

RunBrettRun    1,363

This course is one of the best courses for a TT bike.  No big hills.  A little pinch out if town then it's on the bars for the rest of the ride.  Get comfortable in the aero position for that course and enjoy.  It's the best race in our region.

• Like 1

iFoz    162
21 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

This course is one of the best courses for a TT bike.  No big hills.  A little pinch out if town then it's on the bars for the rest of the ride.  Get comfortable in the aero position for that course and enjoy.  It's the best race in our region.

RBR is spot on. I concur.